• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If given the choice would you become a permanent anthropomorph?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
The one thing about becoming a permanent anthro is choosing one species to commit to. Do you go for fox, wolf, hyena, lion, bull? There's so much choice that it would be easy to persuade yourself you'd chosen incorrectly afterward, although if you stay human I suppose the same applies and you don't have a floofy tail as insurance.
Well, I'd love to be an anthromorph, just not permanently, and I certainly wouldn't want to turn everyone else into one. I don't think they'd all like it.
As for what I'd turn into.....Wolf.
If I had a second choice, it'd be rabbit.

Kagisnad

I am continuously floored that people think the scientific community's reaction to "Other intelligent, sapient life exists and is here speaking with us right now" will be "Let's shoot the crap out of it and see what use to make it tick!"

No single human would think that way, but if you take groups into account, it's surprising how much less common sense they have. Anything not of this world is considered violent until proven otherwise, for "protection".

Reviilo Kuro

The Block is Mightier
It's probably already been said but it seems like there is little point in this being asked on this forum.
however it separates certain types of people xD

HELL YEAH would be ma answer however the exoskeleton may be a bitch

Taleu

The Dee Oh Gee
I'd be my husky self :3~
imagine all the juicy controversy~

the REAL problem would be all the maniacs who would pull mah tail. Also pants that successfully cover up my butt... Area.

HaewooTheCat

It depends... If I were to be a black and white cat from head to toe permanently then no but if I could permanently have black and white cat ears and a tail naturally like a catgirl and only transform into an actual anthro cat sometimes then yes.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I'd rather hang out with my fursona than be him. If I could be some sexy scaly or something though that might be cool.

O

Outcast

... I don't think I'll be able to put myself through sucking the life outta things...

Maybe humans aren't so bad.

Wait! I changed my mind!

ShadowNight

That Moonlight
I am continuously floored that people think the scientific community's reaction to "Other intelligent, sapient life exists and is here speaking with us right now" will be "Let's shoot the crap out of it and see what use to make it tick!"

But say the furry comunity bans together and forms a resistance to humanity.. i mean there are furries with all sorts of talents and skills in the world.. surely we would come up with a way to be safe in this world?

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
But say the furry comunity bans together and forms a resistance to humanity..
Why would you? Honestly, give me one good reason to oppose humanity that would magically not exist in the people who're suddenly fuzzy. A reason besides "We'd increase the proportion of people with knotted dicks!"

T

TheMetalVelocity

I would like to shape shift into a werewolf or dog or something, but keep my human hands and feet, only bigger. it's just a weird fetish I guess. You know when the clothes rip and shit? Okay, I am retarded for posting this. I been this way since I was like 3 years old D: I remember I used to wanna have a tail, I think it was because I saw Zidane in final fantasy IX have one.

Alicia Dargon

Keep calm and Keri kata
Yes! Give me a reason why not .

And here we go.

the following assessment is based on the assumption that there is a magical button that simply transforms every human into an anthropomorph with no other side effects, such as changing history.

At face value I love the idea of being my fursona, even if it were permanent, however the wanton disregard for everyone else would be a deal breaker.

Also, there are actually quite a few things of concern to consider, first and foremost would be medicine. You have over 7 billion people with now randomized DNA and potential weaknesses that healthcare providers are simply not prepared for. The compensation required to keep up with this would be unimaginable, I mean even starting an IV in a lot of instances would be impossible. The lack of capable medicine alone would likely lead to a death toll in relation to epidemics, the likes we've never seen before. I will also throw hypo/hyperthermia into this category for those that now have thick fur coats in the Middle East and those with scales and cold blood in Norway.

Another concern with the DNA would be reproduction. So we are all now anthropomorphic animals. Are we all genetically compatible or can we only reproduce with similar humanoids? Also, there are certain equine combinations that lead to sterility. Would equine anthros suffer from this? If so, that would have to be taken into account. If we were all compatible, my next concern would be what Godawful developmental disabilities would result from certain combinations.

In a lot of cases over the world I believe there would also be panic, suicide, and massive damage to infrastructure from rioting in result of this panic.

I'm gonna stop there. Ultimately it's fun to think about, but if it were to actually happen as depicted by the OP, it would virtually be Hell on earth for some time. Fast-forwarding into the future though, natural selection would take place and those with superior genetics would be left to inherit the earth from the ruins of modern society. So I guess all in all it would end up okay for those lucky enough to survive.

So no I wouldn't press the button x.x

Last edited:

Shaade

C*cksock
I'd love nothing more to have my fursona's body. To me that's what my fursona is after all, just me in a different body.
But at the same time i'm glad I don't when I consider the world we currently live in.

MaxMorsus

Furrytastic
If everyone became the anthro version of the animal they are most like, it'd be awesome! As long as there were no negative side effects etc...

placebo12

Scenario
1. everyone becomes anthro against will
2. group becomes anthro against will
3. group becomes anthro on purpose
4. individual becomes anthro

Estimated public reaction
1. social chaos and restructuring bordering on apocalypse
2. scientific curiosity, treated like freaks with disease(a la tree man)
3. treated like social oddity(a la transsexual)
4. scientific curiosity, treated like freak, more intense than group version

There are many issues with the feasibility of anthros, so if I were to consider this, it would have to be for a good reason. Ideally, if an anthro race had a considerable evolutionary advantage over the human race, I might say yes.

I hope I don't seem like a freak for looking at this analytically.

Last edited:

Tyranny

Picture if more or less than half the population turned into sergals, people would NOT want to mess with them. I would be ecstatic if I were to be turned into one. And even if I were to meet a violent end, at least I would go down as a sergal living my dream, and not as a human.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Picture if more or less than half the population turned into sergals, people would NOT want to mess with them.
Depends on when. To my understanding Sergals aren't any more bulletproof than every other fleshbag, so if this happened, hrm, 16th-17th century or later I imagine it'd be less a societal impact (at least insofar as suddenly retconning half of humanity's species can be "less a societal impact") than if earlier. Arguably slightly earlier, since even the age of Pike & Shot invalidates most non-insane physical differences when it comes to conventional warfare.

I would be ecstatic if I were to be turned into one. And even if I were to meet a violent end, at least I would go down as a sergal living my dream, and not as a human.
I imagine if half the modern human population turned, there wouldn't be any interspecies wars. Mostly because suddenly every other person being a large fuzzy hominid is going to have everyone (from both parties) going "What the shit" and not "NOW MY BRETHREN! FURRY REVOLUTION!" or "DEATH TO THE FURFAGS!"

Tyranny

Quick off topic question, does anyone know of/remember that psych test to do with furries, the whole ''attained/unattained distorted/undistorted'' thing? If I got this right, undistorted-unattained means you still see yourself as 100% human but wish you were something else, right?