• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If given the choice would you become a permanent anthropomorph?

Leadhoof

But officer, I said "In Minecraft."
I'd probably do it, though the thought of getting my tail caught in a lathe at work would be terrifying.

CindyPig

Sow of Substance
but without humans to pretect you and provide food you'd be forced into living in the wild where dangers like predators exist.

being formerly human i don't know how you're going to handle most of your kids being gobbled up.
Sounds about the way things are for most humans not wealthy. Oink oink Squeeeeeeeeeeeelll.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Maybe? I'm more worried about the horns than the tail, honestly - I'm already tall, but striking my head against things MORE isn't appealing.

Arnak

Off the bench
If I was. I have a feeling I'd be the father of many pups...

Bullslayer

These threads always amuse me, but none the less yes i would rather be my fursona than me. I would move faster, have better hearing, sense of smell and my eyesight would be better.

ferretsage

Furries. Furries. Furries. Unless you have a crack-fed teleporting Wakanda to pull out of your asses, guarded by every Omega-level mutant superpower combined, animal monsters are not happening without a major World War involving at least a few mushroom clouds. Which might well happen anyway, unless your fantasy furries could be unfortunately destroyed by lesser means. Regardless whether you only fantasize about just yourself becoming your ideal animal monster, or an entire animal monster/cryptid fantasy race of your design, you better pray for superpowers or technology that grants you downright invincibility, omnipotence, and limitless extraordinary powers of escape and concealment if you intend on surviving on the same world as humanity.

Becoming your fantasy animal monster is to go down a very dark path -- you would reset back to square zero of social development, as far as rights and dignities go, thousands of years ago -- and entails far more hard work and effort than the limited cumshots most furries behind the screens reading this are willing to invest in their fantasy ideal selves at most.

I'd love to have a long flexible tail for balance - I hike a lot. Having more massive nails/claws looks like a good thing too, as well as hooves.

I mean, there are some benefits to this, and if turned into an anthro whatever I'd roll with it... probably press the button just because I'd be too curious not to... but that is not a dream I have. It's more of a meh. "Cat is fine too".

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Yes! Absolutely! I'd jump on that button in a heartbeat.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
Well that depends, if everyone else was changed along with me then ya, probably. But if it was just me then I'd have to pass. Not only because I feel like your quality of life wouldn't be that good but you would have to deal with being the only anthro on the planet which doesn't sound fun to me.

Moar Krabs

Aight boys
Banned
I have a sundew sona who I forgot about a long time ago. @Manchesterite brought my memory about him back with a certain message about plants. To be honest, yeah I'd become an anthro sundew. I can eat the sun! (and abstain from eating certain cute buggos)

Z

Z-ro

my Fursonas are representations of my life options and conscience, I have lived situations they did..I walked on their feet and felt what their paws gripped onto
I would never ever, want to live their lives longer than what I felt like..which would be brief

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
I'm not sure. It would awesome but at the same time, you'd be the only one... Unless, wait, would it be just you or would everybody else who said yes be there too? If so then HECK YES

goatwolff

/coesiti
thatd be cool but id feel like some experiment that came out of area 51 if i was the only anthromorph. id probably just wear a suit if thats the case

D

Deleted member 132067

Putting the fact that you'd be an oddity among humans aside, let's adress the only applicable answer through a simple comparison:
- not have a fluffy tail
- have a gorgeous, super fluffy tail!

Come on, it's obvious.

Liberonscien

Furries. Furries. Furries. Unless you have a crack-fed teleporting Wakanda to pull out of your asses, guarded by every Omega-level mutant superpower combined, animal monsters are not happening without a major World War involving at least a few mushroom clouds. Which might well happen anyway, unless your fantasy furries could be unfortunately destroyed by lesser means. Regardless whether you only fantasize about just yourself becoming your ideal animal monster, or an entire animal monster/cryptid fantasy race of your design, you better pray for superpowers or technology that grants you downright invincibility, omnipotence, and limitless extraordinary powers of escape and concealment if you intend on surviving on the same world as humanity.

Becoming your fantasy animal monster is to go down a very dark path -- you would reset back to square zero of social development, as far as rights and dignities go, thousands of years ago -- and entails far more hard work and effort than the limited cumshots most furries behind the screens reading this are willing to invest in their fantasy ideal selves at most.
You make excellent points. Becoming an anthropomorphic animal is a quick way to be experimented on, hunted down, and killed.

Trix-Master

I am not like the Otters
River Otter. Because they are squeaky babies and I love them so much.

TheVoidKitsune

Bringer of Cute, Destroyer of Worlds
Honestly... No. As much as I love the community, I think becoming an anthro would add on more problems to deal with in my every day life. I have enough struggles, dealing with the almost guaranteed hatred and backlash from others who wouldn't understand or would be scared/threatened by it, would not be worth it.

Plus, I have no problems with being human. I don't really see a point in changing haha. Only positives I might get is that my body would be nicer and I'd have way better hair, assuming I would just become my 'sona. But that's just me personally.