• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If you are going to be alone on Valentines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonowtheArcticFox

Enjoying Life
I am with you on that. To make it a little less lonely I wouldn't mind chatting and getting to know some more of you (Friends help with everything right?). May even get on to game with some of you if possible. You can add me to anything I have listed (excepts xbox because it broke down sadly). Psn is SonowRaevius.

Braz

This is gonna be my first Valentines Day not in a relationship in about 2 years :/ lol I hope I still get chocolate though XP

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
This will be my first one ever spent while seeing someone. But I'm resolved to not celebrate. Eventually my partner convinced me it would be a good excuse to go out for a meal, but my condition was that we go Dutch.

I almost lost it when he asked if he could buy me flowers, I told him I don't want him to get me anything because I don't want to enjoy this holiday for what it is. If anything, I'd rather he drew something for me ^.^

Kazooie

Crusader for Cute
My relationship with ladyfriend sort of dissolved, sadly, but I did land an OKC date with a pretty cool human being (we're gonna discuss water conservation & water conservation politics, Toronto's infrastructure development, how realistic capitalism is, and vibrators!) so there might be an opportunity for a ~*romantic*~ valentine's.

Though, valentine's (and the concept of romance) have never really meant much to me.

Last edited:

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Yet another Valentine's Day I'll spend alone. But at least I won't be miserable, perhaps some of the programming this month on PBS or at my college could have a little more relevance to me now.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Meh, another corporate holiday designed to condition you to think you're unhappy if you're not in a relationship.

And before you go calling me out for being bitter, I happen to be in a long term relationship. I just don't see much reason in celebrating your relationship for ONE day in the year.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Oh I dunno. I think it's sort of a sweet holiday. I think people get carried away with the gift thing (just like Christmas) but I really like the idea of decorating with hearts and pink stuff and giving away candy.

And if you're alone...what's the biggie? I've been single on valentines for many a year and didn't give a shit. I'll be away from my secret someone this year...but I'm with him in my heart.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
every holiday is marketing

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Another V's Day spent alone, and funnily enough, managed to avoid it twice now... Oh well... No reproches, no regrets as I could say ♪

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I dislike assigning something so constructed any real meaning, but I won't be alone, so I suppose I can attach just a little bit of intrinsic value to it.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Haha, I remember last year at my school some students set up a business wherein students could purchase a rose and have it delivered to another pupil on valentines day. And you know what? I was hoping that I wouldn't get one!
One day, perhaps. But not now. I honestly don't see the appeal yet.

SonowtheArcticFox

Enjoying Life
In all honesty I made this not for the holiday itself but for what it's about (or what it should be anyways) . I honestly love the community and I really want to take a bigger part in it other than just the art aspect. Most people I have met on here and other places have been kind and friendly to me and I just want to return that kindness and love.

Braz

I agree :) Kindness and Love all around to all these great people! and to all of those off this forum as well who deserve a great Valentine's Day!!

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Not me. The old folks home if filled with lonely ladies that want to suck this piece of candy.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Meh, another corporate holiday designed to condition you to think you're unhappy if you're not in a relationship.

And before you go calling me out for being bitter, I happen to be in a long term relationship. I just don't see much reason in celebrating your relationship for ONE day in the year.
Same. I really wouldn't mind V Day as much if the idea of relationships and buying your significant other gifts to show how much you love them wasn't as emphasized. It doesn't seem right at all.
And I dunno if it's just me but the novelty of gift giving on that day in particular wears off after the first or second time. Especially if you have to mail things off to another state :I

B-But...our modern day Halloween is based on marketing. ;-;
At least Halloween is something everyone can participate in and you know, have fun. Also people make money off of cool things.

I think the only pro both holidays share is that a lot of stores mark the special candy off by a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.