• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If you could open a portal to another world what would it be?

C

CEVR-1996

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have my fair share of problems and struggles in the "real world" and that is why I often think about other places where I would enjoy living. At least imagination its something that no one can take away from us, so I really am curious to know what kind of fantasies other people in here have regarding a possibility of being in a different world with anything they want in it.

Open_Mind

Not long ago, my daydreams were of utopean sci-fi galaxy-spanning civilizations with sentient but benign AI, and spaceships the size of continents.

Lately, however... specifically, since early October... the daydreams have taken a dramatic furry turn. :D

For whatever reason, I lean to more feral and less Zootopia. I do keep the sci-fi element, though. My 'sona exists in some future time, but I think in that universe there never were hoomans. Technology is advanced but not godlike. There are heroes and villains, and great quests full of peril and adventure.

óÓÒò

C

CEVR-1996

Not long ago, my daydreams were of utopean sci-fi galaxy-spanning civilizations with sentient but benign AI, and spaceships the size of continents.

Lately, however... specifically, since early October... the daydreams have taken a dramatic furry turn. :D

For whatever reason, I lean to more feral and less Zootopia. I do keep the sci-fi element, though. My 'sona exists in some future time, but I think in that universe there never were hoomans. Technology is advanced but not godlike. There are heroes and villains, and great quests full of peril and adventure.

óÓÒò
Thats really cool! I feel that everyone here has a better imagination than I do. Maybe I just dwell too much on certain ideas.

C

CEVR-1996

Simplified Recipe for a Good Imagination:
1. Start with an idea
2. Ask, 'what if...'
3. See where it leads you...
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3​
:D
Do you write your daydreams or you simply imagine them as they go by until you are satisfied with the ending?

Open_Mind

I really don't want to sound snarky, but for me... the story never really ends.
<< insert Neverending Story meme here >>
It's always changing, carried on the breeze and whim of my imagination. If I was an author, then at some point you have to be done -- close the book, and finished. But my day dreams are like a long-running play where the characters and story change over time, flowing from one scene to another without any designated endpoint.

That might not help you, but feel free to PM me... Maybe I can help you brainstorm?

C

CEVR-1996

I really don't want to sound snarky, but for me... the story never really ends.
<< insert Neverending Story meme here >>
It's always changing, carried on the breeze and whim of my imagination. If I was an author, then at some point you have to be done -- close the book, and finished. But my day dreams are like a long-running play where the characters and story change over time, flowing from one scene to another without any designated endpoint.

That might not help you, but feel free to PM me... Maybe I can help you brainstorm?
Your stories are like The Simpsons in that regard! How does brainstorm actually work? I heard of that term but I dont really know how its done. Also are your stories mostly based on anthro characters? You said that you where more leaned towards ferals but I am really curious about it.

Ravofox

Aussie foxy
Hmmm, maybe a world that has less or more dimensions than ours. I'd love to see a 2 or 1 dimensional world, or even a 4 or 5 dimensional one, what the heck would that look like?!

Dongding

The sheep
I'd like, open a portal to Peanuts. I'd tear out that tuft of Charlie Brown's hair, take Linus's blanket, chain Snoopy to a spike in the ground, kick Lucy in the face when she tries to pull the football away, make that lesbo relationship between Peppermint Patty and Marcie happen, give PigPen a hose bath behind a house. Everyone else I'd probably be cool with the state of things. I'd escape in my portal before the cops busted me.

I wouldn't understand them and they'd think I was on PCP or something.

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
Well I'd like to live in a world where things are not made from solid matter, and everything is just a constant flow of emanation, creating an eternity inside an eternity. I want there to be no limmits of possibility, and live there as bodyless mind. Unbound by time, space and mortal needs able to take any desired shape and traverse the vastness of existence with just a single thought.

pediachnid

skittering about
mine would of course be a world where class arthropoda took over and mammals never rose out of reptiles, it would be interesting to see what insect/arachnid/decapod take humanity`s place

C

CEVR-1996

This topic is really interesting for me, its great to read other people's ideas on it. Its just a shame for me that its so easy to create a fictional world that simply looks so much better than the one we live in, atleast for me. It makes me realise how adverse reality can be for those who struggle to adapt to its environment once they have had a good taste of how great fiction can be.

Yakamaru

I put the fun in dysfunctional
I'd open up a portal to a dimension that is identical to ours, but Earth is way more advanced and is ruled by blobfishes. And they invade us to make us their multidimensional vassal.

All hail our blobfish overlords!

A slightly more serious: We can dream all we want. A Utopia just can't exist. What is Utopian for one may not be Utopian for someone else.

However, a world that would be interesting would be one where genetic manipulation would be possible. I would genetically engineer myself with more concentrated brainmass, better immune system, immune to death from old age and much better physiology. Oh, and into an anthro. That'd be fun.

Last edited:
G

Ginza

The world we live in, is good in its own, unique ways!

Look at the leaves when they change from green, to the brilliant reds, oranges, yellows, and purples

Look at a house mouse quietly scurrying, picking up grains and crumbs along the way

Look at the mist and fog that has settled over the glassy lake in the morning

Look at snow as it fills the world with white

Look at the person nearest to you, their structure, eyes, and the deep thoughts and emotions they must have

While I love fantasy just as much as any, I am content with simply dreaming. One shouldn’t spend time longing for something that can never, and will never, exist. I look at the small beauties and wonders in our world, and know that the dimension we live within, is a beautiful one

Yakamaru

I put the fun in dysfunctional
The world we live in, is good in its own, unique ways!

Look at the leaves when they change from green, to the brilliant reds, oranges, yellows, and purples

Look at a house mouse quietly scurrying, picking up grains and crumbs along the way

Look at the mist and fog that has settled over the glassy lake in the morning

Look at snow as it fills the world with white

Look at the person nearest to you, their structure, eyes, and the deep thoughts and emotions they must have

While I love fantasy just as much as any, I am content with simply dreaming. One shouldn’t spend time longing for something that can never, and will never, exist. I look at the small beauties and wonders in our world, and know that the dimension we live within, is a beautiful one
You can dream all you want. As long as you do not mix your dreams with reality, or maybe worse, try to replace dreams/delusions with reality. That is when we will see problems occuring. And there are a lot of people who live in Lala Land.

G

Ginza

You can dream all you want. As long as you do not mix your dreams with reality, or maybe worse, try to replace dreams/delusions with reality. That is when we will see problems occuring. And there are a lot of people who live in Lala Land.

Beautifully put. That seems to be an issue these days. It’s so important people know there’s a very defined line between fiction and fact

C

CEVR-1996

I can agree with all that, no doubt. Of course there are good things in this world, couldn't be any other way. Maybe its just depression that blinds us sometimes from seeing those things and instead make us get more attached to fiction, that wont really fix anything, its just our mind trying to protect us from feeling even worse but in the end we always have to face the real problems of life sooner or later.

AustinB

Professional loser
I would open a portal to a world where crime is a thing of the past and everyone can respect and care for each other.

Sadly, that ain’t happening anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 82554

For me it would be a world just like this one but doesn't have the same problems.

MyMonkeyLife

I'd die at least twice, but I would love to go to the DragonBall realm.

It would be cool because I not only could control my ki to actually do things and get stronger than possible over here, but I could use the Dragon Balls to improve my life (I guess as long as I stayed there).

B

backpawscratcher

A world where we never swung down from the trees, but all the same relationships and connections happened over the years so that we were all here. We’d still be us, only with much bigger arms, different feet and more hair thanks to the different requirements our evolution would have developed to meet. Our cities would be enormous forests.

Of course I’d be a freak the moment human me arrived, but I’d go on lots of chat shows and end up earning enough for an amazing platform in a redwood or something. That world’s version of me could then move in next door and we’d sit watching Planet of the Humans films and browsing BaldAffinify