• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If you had a Million Pounds/Dollars...

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
Wait until I wanna move out
get a nice house (but not too big, houses are expensive and I don't want to use it all up when I can save it for more important times)
a cool car (Alfa Romeo yeye)
and some BD toys. Priorities.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
-Move back to Michigan, build a small house on a lake, and grow medical herbs for some income. Maybe also raise goats, and make/sell goats milk/goat cheese..

-Travel to some places I've always wanted to go: Madagascar, Sicily, Vienna.

-Eventually, settle in, and get a team of 4 Alaskan Malamutes, and take up Dog-sledding. I'm small enough where 1 big Malamute can pull me, two with ease, but I've always wanted to take this up as a more general hobby, after trying it a few times. Plus, Malamutes are big, fluffy, and sweet-natured. Stubborn, though...

-Buy some nice wine to sock away in the cellar

-Use some of it to try to buy some land to set aside as a nature preserve, and all of it for that purpose, when I kick the bucket.

M

MakTheFurry

If you made a large amount of money from the investing, enough for you to need no more,would you spend it on something?

Probably try buy a DMU or make my own train museum
(Diesel Multiple Unit [Eg; class 170])

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
If or when I have more money than I need which gonna be much more than a single million I gonna give away the excess to my friends. I dunno why people say invest it as if investing was simple. It is not. And you don't even need a lot of capital for it, 10k or something is enough, depending on what you're trying to do.

Kioskask

If or when I have more money than I need which gonna be much more than a single million I gonna give away the excess to my friends. I dunno why people say invest it as if investing was simple. It is not. And you don't even need a lot of capital for it, 10k or something is enough, depending on what you're trying to do.
I've always wondered why people say they will just invest it too, it's not exactly easy.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I'd throw it in the bank and live off the interest.
Sure it wouldn't be as grandiose as it would have been in the 90's, but I've lived with less.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Looking at my general nature, I'd probably be prone to spend it quickly and frivolously...old pinball machines, comic books, a very nice stereo, records, books, art...I can see it going very, very fast, and would have to show definite restraint. But I think I could, and a small farm in Michigan growing medical marijuana and other produce would be pretty much self-sustaining, especially considering my family is also there, and also has a good deal of land that might be used in partnership.

So perhaps I could afford the stereo and records and a such, as well, so long as I didn't go hog-wild.

Interest rates are so low right now...I think I'd be more prone to start a small business/farm.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
Pay off loans and medical bills, pay off my mom's and sister's loans/ debts too, then I'd take 1/4 of what's left as strictly spending money for whatever I want. With whatever is left is consult someone on the best way to invest it.

I don't care so much that I'm broke, I care that I'm broke and in debt :/

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yea and how much would the bank pay you?
More than I'm making on disability right now, I'd reckon, which is a little over $700/mo

Definitely more than what I was making when I was homeless. lol

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
More than I'm making on disability right now, I'd reckon, which is a little over $700/mo

Definitely more than what I was making when I was homeless. lol

Yea but that wouldn't even be enough to offset the inflation, you would still be loosing money. You better off just spending it outright.

SpiritMachine

Butt Sniffer
hmmm... alot of people say to invest, but then alot of other people say that its a dumb idea to invest... something to do with economy and all that wut-not.... what if I started my own toilet paper company. Then no matter what economy we are in, I still have income...right? I mean even the poorest people buy toilet paper in America, right?

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
So, better lose it right away? :V

No, investing isn't easy.

If it were, everyone would be making money which would then become inflation anyway.

No you wouldn't lose it in that way. Experiences, physical things has real value not some zeros and ones in the bank database.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yea but that wouldn't even be enough to offset the inflation, you would still be loosing money. You better off just spending it outright.
As someone who has dined on eloquent dumpster scraps, I don't think it would be that much of a problem.
Plus, once it does become too little due to inflation, I would probably end up spending it slowly to offset it.
After it all went away, my disability would kick back in so.
I guess it doesn't really matter.

Personally, I'd rather live slightly better than I do now for a long period of time than live lavishly for a few years to return to where I am now later.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
As someone who has dined on eloquent dumpster scraps, I don't think it would be that much of a problem.
Plus, once it does become too little due to inflation, I would probably end up spending it slowly to offset it.
After it all went away, my disability would kick back in so.
I guess it doesn't really matter.

Personally, I'd rather live slightly better than I do now for a long period of time than live lavishly for a few years to return to where I am now later.

I see where you're coming from, I was just saying there are ways to make a real profit, but that's no easy feat for a common folk with a common attitude

Peaches-and-Dreams

The TRESH MEHN
Invest a quarter of it in gold, then put a quarter in the bank, 10% to buy stocks, then use the remainder to buy an apartment in London, though with house prices the way they are I'd most likely use the money to travel, then wait till my gold increases before settling

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Buy a nice flat to stay at while I study, buy a nice flat for gf. Save the rest.
Sell both later when we figure out where to move together to after we finish our studies and get a nice place to live in.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I see where you're coming from, I was just saying there are ways to make a real profit, but that's no easy feat for a common folk with a common attitude
I don't need to profit, really.
Investing would be too stressful; either I'd do it myself or have to deal with hiring someone else to do it, which means human interaction.
I'm an introverted minimalistic hedonist, so I'd be just fine :D

Tao

Hare Boi
I'd buy a new car and waste some of it on dumb furry commissions. Put the rest in a bank account and use the interest to supplement my income.