• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If you had to pick a different species...

SirRob

...than your fursona's, which one would you choose and why?

I'd pick a snake, personally. I'm afraid of snakes, and they're not the best looking creatures out there... But I feel that I share a bunch of qualities with them. They're solitary, and kind of creepy... They're not very active, either. So what about you guys?

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Actually, a snake was an early option for me as well. Not because of any personality traits, but because they're badass.

Jude

U1 S7 P106
I actually am going to pick a different species soon. I started drawing without actually thinking about any particular species and I came out with a weird rat/fox hybrid thing. If I can get it to look good digitally than I might make a cheap reference sheet for it :p

SirRob

I actually am going to pick a different species soon. I started drawing without actually thinking about any particular species and I came out with a weird rat/fox hybrid thing. If I can get it to look good digitally than I might make a cheap reference sheet for it :p
Oh yeah? So you'd like that better than a tiger?
Actually, a snake was an early option for me as well. Not because of any personality traits, but because they're badass.
Yeah. They're like dragons, but real and not ruined by furry stereotypes.

D

Don

I was actually thinking of maybe making my fursona a jackal. Though I've also considered a snake as well.

Jude

U1 S7 P106
Oh yeah? So you'd like that better than a tiger?

Yeah. I really just chose the Tiger cause I wanted a fursona, and I really didn't care about the species. I almost feel guilty for getting someone to draw for me.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Just make a whole new character. Fursona is just a character anyways, and there's no force limiting you to one. Fursona characteristics never really match their real self's characteristics anyways, even if they say they do.

I'd go giant 50's style robot.

Fay V

Lost to this world
hmm cougar probably. i think they're pretty :3

Or more than likely, barn owl. I was rather close to picking it as my fursona. I'm more obsessed with owls than foxes.

SirRob

Just make a whole new character. Fursona is just a character anyways, and there's no force limiting you to one. Fursona characteristics never really match their real self's characteristics anyways, even if they say they do.
Well, it's a character that represents you, and most people would rather just have one character to represent themselves. Besides, I'm happy with my fursona being a fox; this is just another 'what if' thread.
Yeah. I really just chose the Tiger cause I wanted a fursona, and I really didn't care about the species. I almost feel guilty for getting someone to draw for me.
Ah, gotcha. Don't feel guilty about having someone draw it. You're still allowed to be happy with it even if the character isn't going to be your fursona anymore, you know?

i used to be told that i'm like a meerkat quite a lot (in kids "what animal am i most like?" games), so i suppose a meekat would be quite cool, but for now im happy to have a wolf!

Alstor

And twice as shiny
The only other thing that I can relate a little bit to is a ram. Either that or a hawk, because they're badass.

Jude

U1 S7 P106
The only other thing that I can relate a little bit to is a ram. Either that or a hawk, because they're badass.

That would totally work out for me, it's my school's mascot :p

I wouldn't mind being a mascot and going to all of the football games either (in a hawk costume, no less)

FancySkunk

Quite.
If I had to pick a different species, I'd probably go with the only other thing I really considered: A cat. That was one of the few other animals that I could see fitting personality-wise.

Shiroka

Love is the message
If someone was like "you can't be a lemur!" and I was dumb enough to listen to him, I think I'd turn my character into a moody dolphin. I've always liked them and their ironic nature.

Edyn

Rawr
I'd actually considered a rat/mouse for some time before deciding on a kitsune. So, I'd probably go back to one of those.