• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

If you were a pokemon gym leader, what type would you train and what region would you live in?

S

smolsketch

Hi! If pokemon was real, what type of gym leader would you be and where would you train pokemon? Its a cool question that I've been thinking about while replaying Pokemon Y and making some pokemon art. You can also state what pokemon you would have in your party also.

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
Ice. High up into the mountains where it's the bloody freezing arctic.
Abomasnow
Glalie
Glaceon
Dewgong
Ursaring
Beartic

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Water Type
Location would be at the beach resort

Swampert
Pelipper
Tentacruel
Azumarill
Greninja
Rotom-Wash

DragonMaster21

The Mistbinder
Fighting type.
Location would be in a big city, the gym would be security themed. I would use a few final evos of starters, because I feel like it, and I doubt that the starter types are genetically manufactured just to be given to irresponsible teenagers. (Seriously, it doesn't make sense that they're not available in the wild. Honestly.)

Machamp or Machoke
Chesnaught
Emboar
Passimian
Pangoro
Hawlucha

CatSprinkles

Homer Simpson
Definitely a Fairy-type trainer! My gym would be like a giant greenhouse filled with lots of flowers! My team would be Whimsicott, Mawile, Sylveon, Granbull, and Cutiefly :)

S

Sagt

Type: Flying, probably.

Gym: A castle hanging off a cliff. :>

Honchkrow
Noctowl
Dragonite
Noivern
Togekiss
Altaria

Pompadork

Bowman
Type: Ghost!
Gym: A haunted house and I'm not talking like an abandoned mansion or something I mean like an attraction type haunted house where people pop out and scare/battle you

Banette
Duskull
Sableye
Pumpkaboo
Haunter
Marshadow

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Poison Type
I'd train my Pokemon on Tumblr so they could learn powerful moves like "Toxic"

My team would be:

Scolipede
Nidoking
Muk
Venusaur
Gengar
Jynx

Last edited:

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
steel and ghost. You know one of those annoying gyms where the types barely match and piss you the fuck off like they do now.

Set in an 1800's 'abandoned' factory.
Yupe it'd be steampunk themed. Like demented Willy Wonka only unsettling and less candy rapey.
Not really trap focused. Honestly I'd much prefer it be more like a small treasure hunt to get to my ass whilst I sip tea. Find switches to find a key type of deal.

Not sure about the party but I know it'd include A skarmory, Haunter, Doublade, chandelure, (and Since this is a new game obviously... a ghost evolution of evee) and a Pidove.

Why a pidove. Because this is gonna be the one that pisses off everybody. Have it somehow know boomburst with high agility so it always attacks first

Yupe it's gonna be the pidove version of witney's miltank from gold and silver.

Why you ask?

The new generation needs to experience the taste of 100% unrefined, rage inducing bullshit. The type that makes you rip out a cartridge in pure blind rage and almost cause a Nintendo product sized hole in your wall.

Last edited:
Gym leader is way too much for me, I would end up as Team Skull grunt with Liepard, provided I could learn their token dance :3

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Type: Dragon

Dragonair
Flygon
Altaria
Hydreigon
Dragalge
Garchomp

Set in a dumb freaking pain to get to place in the middle of a blessed desert oasis. Like, make me appropriate level too. No under level 55 third stage dragons. Have a REAL 8th gym kick your unsuspecting newb hind. You'd better be ready for the e4 after me!

I'm always the most annoying and predictable trainer all my friends had to deal with, as I constantly go out of my way to get dragons. Yet I keep a dragonair almost all the time, and I didn't feel like doing a dragonite on top of everything else. I usually don't do a solid dragon team but I always make one.

Faize

I've actually been breeding all different types of pokemon and lately have been breeding certain types (up to 6) as if a gym leader type of scenario in Pokemon X. I do favor water types though.

Samurott
Greninja
Carracosta
Barbaracle
Wash Rotom
Empolean

Probably be like a water garden. Streams, light waterfalls, bits of trees, flowers, bushes scattered about on their own small islands. I find places like that really pretty and relaxing~

pupsicle-c

berries & cream
Psychic-Types have always been one of my favorites. :p

Gardevoir
Grumpig
Musharna
Gothitelle
Swoobat
Meowstic
My gym would probably be like a Challenge Tower mixed with a Carnival. Each room or door you pass through has a new carnival-game you have to play, and if you lose, you have to battle the attendant-trainer running the booth. If you win they give you a prize (like money, HP Items, etc.)!

stimpy

I'm only a minor alcoholic
I would train normal type Pokemon however they would all by constantly drunk on whiskey. It Would be
- meowth
- persion
- porygon
- ditto
- chansey
- eeveee
but constantly drunk on whisky.

Teh_Skully

Insert Title Here
I would train normal type Pokemon however they would all by constantly drunk on whiskey. It Would be
- meowth
- persion
- porygon
- ditto
- chansey
- eeveee
but constantly drunk on whisky.

Ditto uses copy!

Ditto copies into the bottle of whisky!

Ditto Faints

L

Louise955

I'd probably be a flying type gym leader and my gym would be on a hill or mountain somewhere
I'd probably have these Pokemon:
Staraptor
Drifblim
Skarmory
Noivern
Talonflame
Honchkrow