• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I'm Bored, Ask me Something....

S

Shane_McNair

Is that plane your 'sona?

I have to say I've never seen that before.

No, my 'sona is a border collie. The plane is just a cool avatar, stands out, and I think it also makes a clear statement about one of my lifelong interests.

Alpine

The best Renault
If your FWD car weighs 3000 lbs unladen, has a weight distribution of 55%, and has a wheelbase of 115 inches, what is the front axle to sprung body CG distance? Assume your correction factors for front and rear are 0.12 and 0.13 respectively

Have fun :)

S

Shane_McNair

I was a member there for a few years, before life changes, and moving to the east coast. So impressive though.

Really? That must have been a lot of fun. They've got some rare birds there that I'd like to see up close.

S

Shane_McNair

If your FWD car weighs 3000 lbs unladen, has a weight distribution of 55%, and has a wheelbase of 115 inches, what is the front axle to sprung body CG distance? Assume your correction factors for front and rear are 0.12 and 0.13 respectively

Have fun :)

Ay, ay, ay...I'll have to get back to you on that...maybe.

Royn

Otterest Sergal evah!
yes. I reserve that all items ever kiped was under Robin Hood like circumstances. Do you travel?

S

Shane_McNair

yes. I reserve that all items ever kiped was under Robin Hood like circumstances. Do you travel?

Not nearly as much as I'd like to, especially internationally. I spent some time down in Colombia one summer, and I've also visited relatives in Canada. I've got a fairly good sized bucket list of places I need to see. I've been all over most of the western US, as well.

S

Shane_McNair

I used to have a border collie, best dog I ever had. He would play with and herd the sheep on the farm xD

Aye. I love the breed, but I couldn't have one. They're extremely energetic and intelligent dogs who need lots of mental stimulation and space to expend all that energy. Currently I live in the city, and I just don't have the time to dedicate myself to one. And I'd get tired out with all that exercise and play. :p

S

Shane_McNair

I worked at an air museum when I first got my A&P.

I've been wanting to get into an aviation related career field for a long time. In the past I tried many times, unsuccessfully, to get hired at the local FBO, and there isn't much else around here besides that. Of late, I've been reevaluating my life and thinking of how to actually get there, as what I've been doing just hasn't gone anywhere.

One of my greatest vexations in life has been the extreme cost of getting into aviation. I did some flying when I was in my teens, but had to give it up due to money and priorities.

davydonovan

Executor
I've been wanting to get into an aviation related career field for a long time. In the past I tried many times to get hired at the local FBO, and there isn't much else around here besides that. Of late, I've been reevaluating my life and thinking of how to actually get there, as what I've been doing just hasn't gone anywhere.

One of my greatest vexations in life has been the extreme cost of getting into aviation. I did some flying when I was in my teens, but had to give it up due to money and priorities.

It is very hard to get into the aviation industry if you don't have someone on the inside. It's even worse with rotor-wing aircraft. Those people are like a cult. If you get the chance go into sheet metel or composites. Best of luck sir