• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I'm calling a sidebar about the Sidebar.

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
Welp, that's 15 minutes of coding work down the drain.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
What are the chances that the sidebar is removed, but the ad placed within it still remains on the side of the art?

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
Surprised that they gave a damn honestly. This is encouraging...but kinda sad they tried to pull it in the first place.

Indeed, only after the backlash did they decide to speak up about the issue, it shouldn't work this way, but at least the sodding thing will be gone soon.

miyevskr

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that FA turned into an ad dump with people's art just taking up space

And as an aside about a sidebar about a sidebar, that submission is also in violation of Google ads policy despite being G-rated. There were many good reasons for not letting Google ads loose on FA ages ago, not least that our content (static and dynamic) is nigh-on impossible to "police" to their required standards.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Update on the FA twitter, they're planning on removing the sidebar.

All things considered, they tried a new format, people responded, and they took it down, so while it was a bumpy road and a bad idea, they listened to the users, so thanks for that, FA.

It remains to be seen what they will replace it with, however. They won't just remove it and leave it at that, they'll be looking for another way to run an ad on submissions.

EDIT: Oh.
0d20e323df260a10309de0cc8fde131a.png
So it's just the classic UI.

Last edited:

Draconas

It's a damn miracle, it only took the ENTIRE website to grab pitchforks to have the annoying thing removed

Croconaw

It remains to be seen what they will replace it with, however. They won't just remove it and leave it at that, they'll be looking for another way to run an ad on submissions.

EDIT: Oh.
0d20e323df260a10309de0cc8fde131a.png
So it's just the classic UI.

Yup. That means that this was nothing more than a way to quell the current uproar. The fact that it's still in the beta means the side bar will remain with some tweaks and a lovely advertisement placed right next to user's submissions. Neato!

Runefox

Yup. That means that this was nothing more than a way to quell the current uproar. The fact that it's still in the beta means the side bar will remain with some tweaks and a lovely advertisement placed right next to user's submissions. Neato!

Well, looks like they noticed that we figured out they hadn't changed back the beta UI:

e0a7976c3098830e998613398dd92783.png

Cute. This is like pulling teeth. I really am looking forward to seeing how they implement the ads now.

PheagleAdler

Well, looks like they noticed that we figured out they hadn't changed back the beta UI:

e0a7976c3098830e998613398dd92783.png

Cute. This is like pulling teeth. I really am looking forward to seeing how they implement the ads now.

Or perhaps they had to remove them separately? They're two completely different UIs. Calm down, they weren't just going to remove it from the classic and not the beta.

Runefox

Or perhaps they had to remove them separately? They're two completely different UIs. Calm down, they weren't just going to remove it from the classic and not the beta.

If they were originally going to remove it from both UI's, they would have said so, and they would have rolled them back simultaneously. This particular change seems more like a reaction to me.

In any event, let's see what else they come up with for delivering those tasty content ads.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
at least now you have to stop and think
"IMVU cant make a profit off of us using google adsense due to FA itself Violates Google Adsense...so how are they gonna profit off of us?"

chesse20

at least now you have to stop and think
"IMVU cant make a profit off of us using google adsense due to FA itself Violates Google Adsense...so how are they gonna profit off of us?"
Furaffinity premium : watch limit raised from 100 to 500, and maximum submissions per day raised from 1 to 5 compared to free 2 play users for the cheap price of 5.99$ a month

Croconaw

Furaffinity premium : watch limit raised from 100 to 500, and maximum submissions per day raised from 1 to 5 compared to free 2 play users for the cheap price of 5.99$ a month

What's sad is some people (aka, Don't make such a big fussy over it 6) will be okay with paying that. :B

Maugryph

If this actually happens in the future,That will be the day I lock my account on FA for good. I already have tried DA's premium service and boy what a waste of money that was.

PheagleAdler

If they were originally going to remove it from both UI's, they would have said so, and they would have rolled them back simultaneously. This particular change seems more like a reaction to me.

In any event, let's see what else they come up with for delivering those tasty content ads.

But they said they were going to remove the sidebar, they didn't say they were only going to remove it from the classic UI.
And of course it's reactionary. They said they 'heard us' and as a result were going to remove the sidebar.

Be a realist. DA doesn't even do that, if FA were to switch to a pay system those wouldn't be reasonable limits.

Blitza

Rest assured, this is exactly where FA is heading in the long run.

Thats why i say Give FA the Golden Bullet aslong it didnt Change to an damn add site,.................. wait an Minute it is already well then we Need the Bullet for the Person who did destroy FA like that. WE Need an really Fat Ass Bullet for that Guy :D