• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I'm in love with a 12 year old....

Veekahr

This thread was terribly misleading.
I am disappointed. 3:

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Sittin' here with a wee dram o' Lombard Speyside 'Pebble Beach' 12 yrs old with just a splash o' water to open it up. Mmmm ...

Very smooth, slightly sweet, just a hint of peat smoke with a clean finish.

Just the thing after an evening at the range with the large bore revolvers.

The guy in the next bay made a comment that my 'small artillery' was killing his concentration. Didn't bother me except I didn't care for his 1911 pattern popgun pitching brass over the divider at me. Kinda glad he left because I was running out of .475 Linebaugh to fire. Had to finish the evening with .444 Marlin and .445 Supermag.

Kellan, the old warhorse.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
The humidity here is unbearable. It makes 92 feel like 108. >.< I wasn't talking about your humidity cause I know you guys have a dry heat over there. I could bear a dry heat but a wet heat is horrific. Just like a humid winter, it's horrible.

Heh. I was born in Victoria! That's literally right by the ocean!
The Humidity would never go lower than 80 and I grew up with that!
Here! I can't stand it! I never go sick until I moved to Austin! I never had dry skin until I moved here. When I lived in San Marcos, there was the famous (and oh-so delicious) San Marcos river that brought sufficient humidity to that area!

It shows that I'm more of an otter, eh?

GatodeCafe

Cowardly Coyote
What about Sparks?

Dude, that's shit you give sorority chicks when you want them to get silly enough to fuck. If I feel like caffinating myself, I've got a stash of fucking pills I can mortar and pestle up into something snortable.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Getting drunk is highly overrated.

Corto

My oh my, nothing like good old rum to call my nerves. Makes me think of simpler times, when the danger of screwing up wasn't as imminent.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Bah, OP is a tease.

But I never got to try any old alcohol. That shit is expensive.

Irreverent

Sittin' here with a wee dram o' Lombard Speyside 'Pebble Beach' 12 yrs old with just a splash o' water to open it up. Mmmm ...

Very smooth, slightly sweet, just a hint of peat smoke with a clean finish.

Nice! I was a scotch drinker for years (Laiphroag, Belvenie Doublewood) but find I'm going over to old rums more and more.

Just the thing after an evening at the range with the large bore revolvers.

Yep, that it is. I was teaching a long range class. 20 shooters with .308's, 6.5x284's, .260's and really hot .223's....indoor range. Needed three rums just to put me right.

Had to finish the evening with .444 Marlin and .445 Supermag.

Ouch! Bet that wee dram was medicinal. How's the shoulder this morning? I love my .444Marlin, but after 20 rounds, I'm done.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Ouch! Bet that wee dram was medicinal. How's the shoulder this morning? I love my .444Marlin, but after 20 rounds, I'm done.

Not the shoulder, the hands! All wheelguns, a Magnum Research BFR 10" in .444 Marlin, Dan Wesson Arms (stainless) 10" in .445 Supermag, Custom Ruger Redhawk (blued) 7 1/2" in .475 Linebaugh.

Don't care for my Smith in .500 Magnum, it's too fussy about heavy loads.

My Left hand is bruised on the palm, index and middle fingers(!) from 25 rounds of .475, 20 of .445 and 50 of .444 Marlin. BTW, the .444 clocked at 2037 fps average last night. that's with a 325 gr. jacketed flatnose. Brutal recoil. 5 shots grouped so tight it was one ragged hole about an inch across from 50 yards.

Now for some Motrin, some ice (again) and a wee bigger dram.

Russ

*Le Rawr*
I'm not a regular drinker but special occasions are always good.

I finishied almost half a bottle of vodka yesterday after travelling to a city I had never been and meeting to some people I had never spoken outside the internet to watch the finalé of a show that had me hooked to it for a good number of years.

Most of it was just small shots but when those three words appeared on the screen towards the end, it was either taking down the whole glass or screaming a big "What?!"

Kangamutt

A bottle of Popov passed around amongst friends before hitting the club.

Tryp

Some dry white toast please
Appleton Rum, with ice or coke, even though I'm not "technically" of age yet.

Or, beer: Granville Island Honey Lager.

J

Jelly

Cheap hot sake after work.
But I don't typically work weekends. I'm usually getting thrashed then.

Irreverent

Not the shoulder, the hands! All wheelguns, a Magnum Research BFR 10" in .444 Marlin, Dan Wesson Arms (stainless) 10" in .445 Supermag, Custom Ruger Redhawk (blued) 7 1/2" in .475 Linebaugh.

Oh dear gawds........damn Kellan, that is some serious firepower, even by rifle- shooter standards.:shock: Biggest I had was a Ruger Blackhawk in .454 Casull/.45Colt. I can't imagine .444Marlin in a 10" revolver....all my .444 experience is with Marlin 444 lever guns. (moose grow big up here, and the brush is thick)

BTW, the .444 clocked at 2037 fps average last night. that's with a 325 gr. jacketed flatnose. Brutal recoil. 5 shots grouped so tight it was one ragged hole about an inch across from 50 yards.

Damn, that impressive muzzle energy and accuracy at the same time. I'm guessing the muzzle flash is pretty impressive too. :twisted:

I tip my glass to you Sir!

Appleton Rum, with ice or coke, even though I'm not "technically" of age yet.

Or, beer: Granville Island Honey Lager.

Appleton's Gold or Mount Gay is my usual mixing rum, both good stuff. And Granville Island is good stuff, although I prefer their Ales. Been a while since I've been out to the left coast.

Last edited:

jagdwolf

Just a simple innocent Wolf
One handgun atm is the Glock Mdl 22 (40 cal for those that don't know) with some "speical ammo" given to me by a few friends in the military. Only long gun i have left after an EX decided they wanted it more than I needed it, is a New 300 winmag. Will be getting one more auto hand gun, and some form of either 223 or 7.62 but just depends on what I will need.

But that scotch sounds wonderful Kellan if yer ever in MT, look me up and we can share a drop or two....same goes for you Irr, got plenty of gun ranges down here.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

Don't care for my Smith in .500 Magnum, it's too fussy about heavy loads.

My Left hand is bruised on the palm, index and middle fingers(!) from 25 rounds of .475, 20 of .445 and 50 of .444 Marlin. BTW, the .444 clocked at 2037 fps average last night. that's with a 325 gr. jacketed flatnose. Brutal recoil. 5 shots grouped so tight it was one ragged hole about an inch across from 50 yards.

Now for some Motrin, some ice (again) and a wee bigger dram.

Sounds like you need a pair of PAST Shooting Gloves:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_9_50/ai_n6125509

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Sounds like you need a pair of PAST Shooting Gloves:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_9_50/ai_n6125509

My brother has a pair of those and he swears by them. Too bad they are RH only. Us lefties seem to be left(?!?) out on this deal.

I'm currently using Chimere 454 gloves. They seem to work OK but the trigger guard on my Dan Wesson is the one that bites. Need some padding in the front of the fingers for that one. Chimere may have gone under, though so I'm not sure what to do about getting a replacement set of gloves when the time comes.

Oh dear gawds........damn Kellan, that is some serious firepower, even by rifle- shooter standards.:shock: Biggest I had was a Ruger Blackhawk in .454 Casull/.45Colt. I can't imagine .444Marlin in a 10" revolver....all my .444 experience is with Marlin 444 lever guns. (moose grow big up here, and the brush is thick)

That's the reason I bought the BFR-deer hunting! Besides, it's nice to have a revolver/lever rifle combo that both feed the same ammo. I hate tracking a wounded animal for miles so 1 shot takedown is important to me.

You know, the muzzle flash from the rifle isn't too bad but the revolver makes a HUGE muzzle flash and the report is just ungodly loud. The cases are slightly smoky and they drop out of the cylinder by themselves so I'm not particularly worried about overpressure.

BTW, my bro prefers to sip Captain Morgan, Johnny Walker Black or some Patron Tequila after a night at the range.

My wife likes ice cold (almost frozen) Coca-Cola in the glass bottles after practicing with her S&W Model 10 4" bull barrel that's been turned into a PPC gun by John Askew. Flattened finish, Aristocrat sight rib, Clark grips and slicked action. She fires HB wadcutters only at the range but stokes it with MagSafe ammo at home.

Kel

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
My brother has a pair of those and he swears by them. Too bad they are RH only. Us lefties seem to be left(?!?) out on this deal.

I'm currently using Chimere 454 gloves. They seem to work OK but the trigger guard on my Dan Wesson is the one that bites. Need some padding in the front of the fingers for that one. Chimere may have gone under, though so I'm not sure what to do about getting a replacement set of gloves when the time comes.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/PAST/ ... this site has some left-hand PAST gloves.

And more:

http://www.thecountryshed.com/shooting_gloves.htm

http://www.championshooters.com/store/product.php?printable=Y&productid=388

http://www.nealjguns.com/ss_store/ShootingGloves-ss4.html

http://www.krieghoff.com/shop/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=6acaa565cb0371cc49de6ac488ee2be5

http://www.williamevans.com/acatalog/Gloves_.html

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier

Back in the day (decades ago, it seems) I was an early adopter of the newest model of Uncle Mike's gloves. Not bad, just didn't fit real well. I'll have to look into some PAST gloves, since now I know there are lefty versions. Here in the SF Bay Area, every shop (that's still open) thinks pistoleros are right handed. I was even told by Reed's Sporting Goods that there was no such thing as a lefty shooting glove! Won't be shopping there anymore!

BTW, I just picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year old. Mmm ...

Uncle Mike's - http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/leather_shooting_gloves.html

Thanks for the links.

Kel

Last edited:

Irreverent