• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I'm kind of turned off on being on furry sites...

RadioCatastrophe

it's CATASTROPHIC
Thanks for all the feed back guys. ^^
Toraneko, I just find it difficult not to use emoticons because ever since I've been using the internet I've used it to help communicate in a friendly manner. I guess it's time to start being rude. teehee. : 3

You'll get over the faces once you have a few bad experience through their use.

CharlieX

That's true. Maybe if I eventually trust the person I can show my true colours, I'm like that in real life anyways.

Tabasco

I've found two forums with minimal creepy shit, this one included, but besides hiding your contacts and saving it for people you've gotten good vibes from on the forums there's not much to be done.

For what it's worth, I've still made some good friends over the years despite all the caution. Haven't been particularly active in ages. Whether it's worth it to you or not is your call.

Last edited:

Andy Dingo Wolf

The Oncoming Storm
Moral of the story: Don't post your MSN, Skype, or other chat clients publicly if you aren't prepared to face the creeps that will find you through them. I've only ever had the issue with people trying to do this through the FA note system, and it's a pretty simple one-and-done block and I never hear from them again.
Well said, Also, don't post any IRC handles you may use. I made that mistake.

Slaton

Victrix Patientia Duris
I'd suggest your problem is not a furry site problem, but a larger problem with many online communities. I stopped specifying my gender in a lot of places to avoid people who thought they could just ask me for nude photos or cybersex (and please note that I didn't have photos of myself up on these sites, so some people will just go after anyone in this way, and I am talking about places where hetero females are rarer like metal and gaming forums mostly). All you can do is tell them you're not interested and/or tell them off.

This. Happens alot on car forums too, one i'm a moderator on often has in the reports section messages about harrasment etc.. If someone starts creeping you out just tell them to go do one, and block :)

Or troll them if your in the mood lol!

S

Sar

You talk to random furries on MSN, what the fuck did you think was going to happen? Durp.

It's like raperoulette. But we always win.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Thanks for all the feed back guys. ^^
Toraneko, I just find it difficult not to use emoticons because ever since I've been using the internet I've used it to help communicate in a friendly manner. I guess it's time to start being rude. teehee. : 3
Another FAFer is recruited into the ranks.

nureintier

As in so many things, if you are driven away by a few idiots, the idiots win. If there are things about furry sites you like, focus on those things and do your best to ignore the idiots.

Judge Spear

Even though I just recently scrapped my FA account, I've been an active furry since 2007. I have literally never had these issues that a lot of furies go through...
I guess that...really says something...about me. Q m Q

Lucid Argent

Shrieking Eel attack!
Totally feeling your pain here, OP. I live in an area of Pennsylvania which happens to be, like, furry CENTRAL. But everyone I've met has turned out to be a total creep, either online or off. I got to a point where I was so fed up with the general level of creepiness that I was about to drop out of the fandom altogether. But I reconsidered - even if everybody else involved is some kind of raging pervert (of course, not all are - I just have bad luck), I'm not going to let a bunch of degenerates stop me from doing what I like.

I never give out contact info unless I know the person IRL, otherwise, they can contact me through private messages or comments and such. I've even had to remove a few people I knew from my contacts list, cutting off real-life contact with them in the process, but I think it's good to let people know you have standards, and you won't just put up with all their crap because you're "furiends" or whatever.

Zydrate Junkie

Name and rank soldier!
As in so many things, if you are driven away by a few idiots, the idiots win. If there are things about furry sites you like, focus on those things and do your best to ignore the idiots.
And also like many things, to find any true friends or genuinely good people you've got to sift through the ungodly amount of dicks first.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
To think I only first took an interest in the fandom because I thought it was innocent and cute :I

It can't be all that bad in those cons, right?

drekian

Yeah, its happened to me, both online and in real life. It happens outside of the furry fandom too, especially if you post your screen names... Though quite honestly it has happened to me a lot online back when I just added anyone who asked without getting to know them a bit first. As has been suggested its probably best to just delete/ignore these people and don't let them wreck your opinion of the fandom. We're not all like that.. :/

infoleather

I have a few troubled me, said the real common things, attempting to make I will add them to my collection like something.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
Youre gonna get those creepos who think its ok to just be a hornball and be wierd in general. Im always getting random people who want to talk, which ends up with them explaining how horny they are.

I ignore it and think how much worse it would be if it were irl.

CindEE

Usually, just not giving out your info is enough to keep the creepers at bay. That & not being vigilant over threads (Or, perhaps, my general ditziness is its own protection). But, in any case, share your info with caution- and don't be afraid to block the creepers.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
You don't have to be rude to them, but if they do not get the hint when you tell them no, do not reply and block them.
Or use the cop-out response of "Go fuck your dogs, you sick fuck". Or something along those lines.

Tabasco

The best thing about not having your contact information public, as I've been reminded of, is that you don't have to put up with the stereotypical "bored furry." The kind of person who has nothing to say, is always bored, and gets immensely irritated if you take more than twenty seconds to respond because you're actually doing something with your evening. I'm surprised they're not on OP's list.

Ricky

The best thing about not having your contact information public, as I've been reminded of, is that you don't have to put up with the stereotypical "bored furry." The kind of person who has nothing to say, is always bored, and gets immensely irritated if you take more than twenty seconds to respond because you're actually doing something with your evening. I'm surprised they're not on OP's list.

That is kind of annoying, but if someone does that I'll tell them I am busy doing other things and if they can't be patient I'll stop talking with them.

Joey

I've ran into many creepy sick fucks in my travels... I used to like probing their brains out of morbid curiosity but there's never anything interesting going on!