• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

i'm not good at art drawing at all

S

skroge

scan0002.jpg

Olivitree

Local Bizartist
The key thing is to have fun, don't worry yourself too much about getting to the level of art of your favourite artists, just work on having fun and drawing LOTS.

You'll get better in time if you draw a lot, if you want to get better fast, then draw a lot and learn from tutorials and things like that, observe from real life and try to draw from life accurately. That will help you a lot, observe other artists and take reference from their art (NOT TRACE) and see if you can replicate the results.

Art takes time to improve, just stick with it and if you're keen enough, you'll get better, but no artist consider their work perfected, so, get use to this feeling also :D we all look at our work and think "I can do better", the moment we stop doing that, is the moment we stop learning, and probably get bored.

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
Everything the above posters said is true. Having FUN is definitely the most important bit. If art is fun, you’ll want to do it. If you want to do it, you’ll do it. If you do it, you’ll get better.

Now, in addition to that, adding some structure beyond “Draw whatever the heck you want! Maybe look up a tutorial or two!” might be beneficial to you if you’re anything like me (and I’m not saying I’ve become a great artist yet. In fact, I’d say I’m in the same boat as you!). I’ve improved significantly thanks to two different resources.

One is an amazing book called “Drawing on the right side of the brain”. This book allows you to get past a few “blocks” in the brain that everyone develops while growing up. If you try to draw what you see and it doesn’t look like it, this book will help you fix that with detailed explanations of the biological processes of drawing and exercises to help you apply what you’ve learned.

The second resource was an online course I got on SkillShare (I’m not sponsored lol). I used their two month trial to complete the class “The art and science of drawing”. The guy that teaches it is an ABSOLUTE PRO, he’s been teaching drawing for years and years and he knows what works. (The author of the book I used is ALSO amazing, I actually met a college professor who knew the women that did it and he highly recommends it.) The course teaches you everything basic there is to know about drawing, from how to draw a line properly (a surprisingly tough maneuver) to learning basic shapes, to learning how to make basic shapes operate in perspective, to proportions, shading, EVERYTHING. And, like the book, exercises you can do to improve your drawing skills.

If this sounds like a horrible drudge, forget it! But if you want structure, order, or discipline on these early steps in your journey to drawing how you like, I highly, highly recommend these resources.

S

skroge

It's okay to not be good, as long as you're having fun! If you're looking to improve, practice practice practice, and look up reference images :D
thanks i havent been drawing for a while thats why because i have work so over the years i stop drawing due to work and pressure from people. i do keep a notebook to draw though lol

S

skroge

Everything the above posters said is true. Having FUN is definitely the most important bit. If art is fun, you’ll want to do it. If you want to do it, you’ll do it. If you do it, you’ll get better.

Now, in addition to that, adding some structure beyond “Draw whatever the heck you want! Maybe look up a tutorial or two!” might be beneficial to you if you’re anything like me (and I’m not saying I’ve become a great artist yet. In fact, I’d say I’m in the same boat as you!). I’ve improved significantly thanks to two different resources.

One is an amazing book called “Drawing on the right side of the brain”. This book allows you to get past a few “blocks” in the brain that everyone develops while growing up. If you try to draw what you see and it doesn’t look like it, this book will help you fix that with detailed explanations of the biological processes of drawing and exercises to help you apply what you’ve learned.

The second resource was an online course I got on SkillShare (I’m not sponsored lol). I used their two month trial to complete the class “The art and science of drawing”. The guy that teaches it is an ABSOLUTE PRO, he’s been teaching drawing for years and years and he knows what works. (The author of the book I used is ALSO amazing, I actually met a college professor who knew the women that did it and he highly recommends it.) The course teaches you everything basic there is to know about drawing, from how to draw a line properly (a surprisingly tough maneuver) to learning basic shapes, to learning how to make basic shapes operate in perspective, to proportions, shading, EVERYTHING. And, like the book, exercises you can do to improve your drawing skills.

If this sounds like a horrible drudge, forget it! But if you want structure, order, or discipline on these early steps in your journey to drawing how you like, I highly, highly recommend these resources.
Thanks think tanyways Ibut hat I having trouble drawing because my mom back then we use to go to church but this was years ago mind you that my mom use to hate LGBT folks to the core and I didn't realize that my old church hate art that don't align with them so they was extremists. When I draw furries mum mom was a very when I was 7 or 8. Then I went to my old church I meet some members whom are kids was extremists. I don't think it's my mom it's possible it's the church I use to go that fucked up art drawing. Years later my family leave that church because they force my parents to sign a contract for tithing mom was going to sign but my step dad disagree with the church so my step dad actually knows what something wrong so mum mom realized that the holy spirit told her to get out of that church. Now she's an advocate for the LGBT because of her family mostly because of my cousin. We're open minded family on lgtb and my parents are god fearing people and respects all life even gays. But I'm not religious but I do disagree with science I use to love science but it's all lies and made up bs I was fun but it gets boring from time to time Im learning about alchemy to make home made meds natural oils.

S

skroge

keep training! your art is verry cute hihi! never stop to draw, and be proud of your worck!! <3 ♡´・ᴗ・`♡
You should check out my furaffinity latinowerejackal and I recently made a deviantart account that I made I post some but later I will post some more. I could draw sexy human men and women.

S

skroge

I know who to draw but the hard part is the body pose I know who to draw my characters but draw them in a body movement and the jackal faces are hard to draw though.