• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I'm scared to go to a furry convention.

I want to go to a furry convention, but I'm afraid that I'll see people from FA who don't like me.
I never blocked any of the people at FA tho, they blocked me.
I get really anxious around people who don't like me.

Tica

Lady Sloth

If you go to a big con it's pretty easy to avoid people you don't want to hang out with.

Xela-Dasi

PiratePiratePiratePirateP irate
Avoid them. It would be weird of them if they want to search for trouble, since they blocked you.

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
I want to go to a furry convention, but I'm afraid that I'll see people from FA who don't like me.
I never blocked any of the people at FA tho, they blocked me.
I get really anxious around people who don't like me.

Surely they haven't even seen your face. Internet drama is just petty nonsense. Chances are if you ran into them they aren't going to give you trouble anyway.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Highly unlikely, if you want to go, then go. Just dont go if you're gunna be paranoid the whole time, that will surely "ruin the magic".

Aleu

Deuces
People have more important things to do at a con than to harass one person

like advertise for an orgy at one of their rooms.

Percy

o-o
You'll be fine. Odds are you likely won't even see these people.

powderhound

Your not serious. I spend the entire time trying to find people I know and can't do it. I'll even see pics of me with said person in the background and we still missed eachother. Non-issue. Unless someone, or their possy, is threatening you. Cuz sometimes peeps get lit and get into it. But that's face to face personal. Your Waldo, and no ones looking for you.

hyenateeth

Meat Popsicle
If they blocked you, it probably means they want nothing to do with you. If they've organized giant e-Lynch Mobs, then you might have something to worry about. But in my experience, keyboard warriors haven't got the grapes to correct a bad Starbucks order, nevermind confront someone in person.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Well, if you don't go, you'll miss out on the chance to make FRIENDS!

It is often the things we don't do in life that we regret most.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
I just did my first Furry Convention and perhaps a few people recognized me by my name and badge.
A few more each day but by then I was all over the place. I would have no fear of people. Cons
are fun things and bad stuff is normally left at home. I never heard or even a rumor of any problems
at the con I was at.

Tica

Lady Sloth
just out of curiosity, how many people blocked you? are we talking like, two? three? twenty?

Picea

Worth Every Damn Penny
If they blocked you, it probably means they want nothing to do with you. If they've organized giant e-Lynch Mobs, then you might have something to worry about. But in my experience, keyboard warriors haven't got the grapes to correct a bad Starbucks order, nevermind confront someone in person.

I've never heard the terms "keyboard warriors" or "haven't got the grapes" before, which is close to what I say daily, " so an' so doesn't have the sand" which means the same damn thing. I have nothing else to contribute, and I thank you for the new slang.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Most furries are a bunch of nerd, weak, pussies. I seriously doubt any would even go ahead and say a word to you.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Most furries are a bunch of nerd, weak, pussies. I seriously doubt any would even go ahead and say a word to you.
Lay off the drink if you're gunna post.
Im pretty sure a good chunk of people here could lay your ass out. Stop posting like you're some kind of badass.
Only I can do that.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Im pretty sure a good chunk of people here could lay your ass out. Stop posting like you're some kind of badass.
Only I can do that.

Did I actually say I was going to kick somebody's ass? I think not, so take your opinion and shove it up your ass. Nothing but the true up there.

hyenateeth

Meat Popsicle
Apparently, I shouldn't've typed "keyboard warrior" out loud.

Picea, I have to give Stewie Griffin credit for the grapes comment and some buddies of mine the props for the warrior label, but feel free to enjoy and utilize :D Always glad to lend a paw. ;)

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Only I can do that.

Did I actually say I was going to kick somebody's ass? I think not, so take your opinion and shove it up your ass. Nothing but the true up there.

Now, now, fellas, don't make me break this up. We all know I'm the biggest baddie to break the scene since the newfur wave of '13.

I'll use my powers of incredible improbability to find you and harass you at the next furry convention if need be. Because people can do that.

If you don't go cause of nerves then you never will conquer your fear. Sometimes its good to take a risk. I want to go to a convention and will, the one in St. Louis in April. You will always meet people you don't get along with no matter what place, fandom, event, meeting, school, etc.