• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I'm so new, I don't even know what I am!

Nyedyr

A Fun Lover
Hello to all you fuzzy, scaly, feathery people out there. I have been a furry for about a week... I'm very new/curious/excited/shy/terrified...

I've seen videos and art of furries and thought this seemed like a very friendly and comforting community. Everyone seems to enjoy life and people, and have an over all good nature.

My name is Nick, and I live in Colorado. Unfortunately, I am so new to your community, I have yet to develop one of them-thar fursona thingies... If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd be very appreciative.

I enjoy writing, photography, outdoors, and lovely people! As soon as the registration opens in the Fur Affinity art area, I would love to add some furry stories.

I hope to make some great friends in this community.

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
Hi there Nick. Welcome to the forums and to the fandom as well.

As for a fursonia, pick something you really like or maybe something that's a favorite.
Maybe something you can relate to. You can make a hybrid too.

No need to be terrified tho. We don't bite the new people into the fandom to hard. :3

Hope you enjoy the forums and the fandom.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The general rule about making fursonas is to make it your own and have fun with it as well

There are no rules to it

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
I enjoy writing

I like you already.

Welcome to the forums and the fandom in general. Make yourself feel welcome. Some people here are jackasses, but you'll find that many if not most are not. :3

Last edited:

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Wow, you remind me of myself when I joined, even down to having the same first name.

Have fun, and welcome aboard.

P.S. you should be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
Don't worry about it. I didn't know what I was gonna be when I joined and I just recently figured it out. Anyway Welcome.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
*show off*

I knew what I was when I joined this forum :mrgreen:

/show off

Well, species and name yea, but he was still undeveloped in every other field

LizStaley

Hi Nick! I didn't make a Fursona for years because I couldn't decide between two animals, so I just combined them and went with that. XD

Welcome to the forums!

Nyedyr

A Fun Lover
Haha! I adore writing. I just hope you like my style, Pliio.

I'm not sure how bird I'm going to be, though... I'm debating between lizard and wolf... Maybe if I combine reptile and mammal, I'll get bird? :p

I think I'll follow LizStaley's example and ponder a hybrid? Hmm... Well, I'll be sure to take my time. Thanks again, everyone!

With all this friendliness... I'm inspired to write something good... Fun Time!

chewie

Pick something that you can relate to and have the same traits kinda like some animals are nice and stuff x.x you know what i mean

Usarise

Welcome to FAF! No need to be scared of anything here~
We're all kind, easy-going, forgiving...
XD Nah man I can't keep this up. This place gonna chew you up! XD I'm probably the most normal and kind guy you're gonna meet here!
So, Welcome to Hell Soldier! We're gonna make a furry out of you!

Oh and be a hyena~ :3

Nyedyr

A Fun Lover
Welcome to FAF! No need to be scared of anything here~
We're all kind, easy-going, forgiving...
XD Nah man I can't keep this up. This place gonna chew you up! XD I'm probably the most normal and kind guy you're gonna meet here!
So, Welcome to Hell Soldier! We're gonna make a furry out of you!

Oh and be a hyena~ :3

I've been on the boards most of today checking things out, and I really do get the feeling it can be a battle zone at times... It's a little bit of a turn off, but hopefully I'll find my niche. I'm here to make friends not to be stressed. :?

Anyway, while every creature in the Kingdom Animalia interests me (including hyena). I think I'm a dragolf or whatever. A dragon-wolf sounds like it would suit me and a story I'm developing, so, yay for me!

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
Buenos Dias Nick

Welcome to FAF. Not everyone here is nearly as scary as some of us are. I'm sure you'll meet someone fun to play around with :)

Like me? I'm not a scary guy at all. Et. All.

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
Welcome to FAF. As it's been said, just find animals you like or that you feel you can relate to and go from there. But if you do go with the wolgon/whatever, please, for the sake of all that is evil and fluffy, do not say that you chose a wolf because you're a 'loner' or something like that. We get that a lot and you might get some of us a bit upset with you since only diseased/outcast wolves are loners and they're actually a social animal. c:

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
Haha! I adore writing. I just hope you like my style, Pliio.

I'm not sure how bird I'm going to be, though... I'm debating between lizard and wolf... Maybe if I combine reptile and mammal, I'll get bird? :p

I think I'll follow LizStaley's example and ponder a hybrid? Hmm... Well, I'll be sure to take my time. Thanks again, everyone!

With all this friendliness... I'm inspired to write something good... Fun Time!
Go with a lizard, that'd put you as a cousin to avians at least!

Nyedyr

A Fun Lover
Welcome to FAF. As it's been said, just find animals you like or that you feel you can relate to and go from there. But if you do go with the wolgon/whatever, please, for the sake of all that is evil and fluffy, do not say that you chose a wolf because you're a 'loner' or something like that. We get that a lot and you might get some of us a bit upset with you since only diseased/outcast wolves are loners and they're actually a social animal. c:

HA! I picked the wolf for the complete opposite reason. I love hugs and loyal friends. I'd go full wolf, but I enjoy fantasies and I'm pretty creative (to me). A hybrid sounds fun.

Go with a lizard, that'd put you as a cousin to avians at least!

Dragons can be lizardy... will that fit the bill? :D

Hello, to everyone else! I'm becoming quite acclimated. I hope to see you in the forums, and hope you soon find my writing in the art area.