• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

In a Furry Forum...For Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I'm in a furry forum. I consider myself a furry. And I talk to.....you people. >.>
But, I noticed something. I never actually have anything to talk about regarding the damn fandom itself. I come and go on a few threads here and there, but I don't say a lot if anything at all and I don't ever go back to those threads for whatever reason. I would say I can count on my hands how many actual furry related posts I've made in my time here, none being my own threads. If you've noticed otherwise, well, that still shows how little I post about furry going ons if I can't even remember what the fuck kind of posts I make.
I just spend most of my time shitposting in Frags, Off Topic, and Forum Games.
I'm not contemplating leaving or upset over it in the slightest. I'm not uneasy of the fact that I'm not contributing much to the epic endeavors of the noble furry movement. Just pointing out that it seems odd to me. I mean look...

When I go to WipEout Zone, I talk about WipEout.
I go to Shmup Systems, talk about shooters.
When I had a DA, talked a little (I made literally 4 posts and no threads) about art.
But, I come here? "DODONPACHI! OH, NEW ZELDA SUX! POKEMANZ, YUM! TEH LULZ! BRB, IMMA BITCH IN R&R RITE QUICK, HOME SKILLET!" all day.
See a pattern?

If one thing's for sure, though, I come here more than any other forum and I enjoy myself thoroughly. I don't know why either. You people are horrible. Eeeevery last damn one o' ya. :<
Anyone else the same?
Again, this isn't me being sad over it. It's just something small I wanted to point out because I know you all care with every fiber of your beings.

burakki

I don't think you should worry so much about what you want to post. If you can't think of something, then just lurk and take ideas until you're ready to form an opinion.

Also, it's just a forum lol. You're not missing out on much. Just hang around and have fun.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I was on the bungie forums for technical halo related stuff, migrated to the offtopic section which had no real subject and it kills time. To be honest i felt like this the other day when i joined, spose im technically a furry yeah so i joined on here, didnt really know what to expect but it might come in handy in the future or i might find stuff to help me get better at the art.

Again. This isn't a problem to me in the slightest. I wanted to bring this up because I figured it'd make for an interesting discussion.
I'd rather talk about random things than strictly about furry stuff. I mean, what jkind of topics would we have if they were only furry related?

Oh, I wasn't implying strictly furry related. Just nothing I said was furry oriented. xD

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Frankly I think it's because everyone feels that Furry is a really controversial thing that must have endless discussion associated with it, so they flock here, and yet when they arrive they find that there's not much to talk about at all. In the end, they just stay and discuss everything else.

burakki

Frankly I think it's because everyone feels that Furry is a really controversial thing that must have endless discussion associated with it, so they flock here, and yet when they arrive they find that there's not much to talk about at all. In the end, they just stay and discuss everything else.

Talking about more random things can be more fun in a way. In one aspect it can just be a release from every day life where you don't care what's going on. Although i suppose it couldn't hurt if something new related to furries happened that could be talked about and is NOT negative(like that whole bbq incident)

Last edited:

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
Furries are mentally stunted manchildren faggots. Why would we ever want to talk about furry shit?

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
Frankly, there's just not much to say on the subject that hasn't already been done to death.

Dreaming

You people are horrible. Eeeevery last damn one o' ya. :<
Anyone else the same?
I guess that's sort of what brings people here

And that's kind of what forums are for, discussing... most things, not just things related to the fandom itself. If you're bored, you browse the forums, and you find a thread that you can/want to reply to. Considering the topics that come up that actually relate to the fandom, it's not too surprising that you're more active in the non-furry related sections.

I usually come here when I'm bored, and just find threads I can reply to.

Frankly, there's just not much to say on the subject that hasn't already been done to death.

I was kinda thinking that as I was typing the OP. But, news on the stuff or good furry artists always could come in. I don't keep on top of it though.

Furries are mentally stunted manchildren faggots. Why would we ever want to talk about furry shit?

Fuck iz u here for!?!? >:V

I guess that's sort of what brings people here

And that's kind of what forums are for, discussing... most things, not just things related to the fandom itself. If you're bored, you browse the forums, and you find a thread that you can/want to reply to. Considering the topics that come up that actually relate to the fandom, it's not too surprising that you're more active in the non-furry related sections.

I usually come here when I'm bored, and just find threads I can reply to.

This forum is actually one of the funniest places I've been to that isn't a troll fest (not that I have a problem with troll fests). Some of the crap people say and share on here can be hysterical.
I don't want to sound like a douche and I won't name anything, but the highlights of my time spent here are the "fail threads". The ones that get locked for being terrible or necroed from the lowest depths of Hell. The closing statements get me in stitches.

H.B.C

Heads Berating Catastrophic
Honesty, I can relate. Not very many of my posts here have had anything to do with anything furry-related. Of course, it also doesn't help that I'm terrible at conversation, so I mostly lurk...

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
I think most people are here to talk with other furries rather than talk about furries. Mainly because most of the discussions about furries have been done to death already (rarely do I see an original question here).

burakki

I think most people are here to talk with other furries rather than talk about furries. Mainly because most of the discussions about furries have been done to death already (rarely do I see an original question here).

You win this thread. Not just because furry threads have been overdone, but in some cases these are the only furries anywhere I have the ability to talk to.

Furryjones

Well being new to the forum I would like to see more discussion on furry related subjects, but you`re right, there isn't much on here about real furry topics. Oh well I entertain myself for hours on this site regardless :3

Zydrate Junkie

Name and rank soldier!
It's not that bad is it? you get to talk to some weird people and stuff.
But there really isn't much that can be said about furries.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
How about I start a thread about properly cleaning your murrhole. Would that satisfy you?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Careful, we may end up in Sofurry territory if we take that route.

But proper murrhole cleaning is srs bsnss... and furry related.

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
Well done, you've learned that there's absolutely nothing to talk about in this fandom.

I'm here for the drama, much better than being here for the funny animals.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
E:^^^^I'm inclined to agree with this.

Furry is a fandom of anthropomorphic animals, not so much a genre, rather, it's a characteristic, like having dragons or vulcans. So, there's really not that much to talk about when it comes to what the fandom is about. However there is plenty to talk about the fandom itself, ranging from obsessing over Disney cartoons, artists, and fursuits, to creepy fanboy perversions and drama. Frankly the former gets tired after a while, and the second should not be mentioned, ever, as it makes me cry for humanity.

The problem is, furry really has no mainstream elements to help it grow past the creepy fanboy stage. If it did, there would be more things to talk about that don't make me want to flee to Antarctica.

Last edited:
Now that I further reflect, I think I know why I don't talk much of furry. Or rather can't.
Believe it or not, I'm the most ignorant fuck when it comes to the fandom. I'm not bullshitting when I say this: I've never been asked to RP. I've never seen what happens in one. I've never actually been to SoFurry and the first time I went to InkBunny was when someone made a thread about it here. I didn't know what a murrsuit was until yesterday. The only comics I'm fairly familiar with are extremely popular but bad ones (story wise) like Las Lindas, Better Days, Rascals. Never read a single fanfic or furry story.
Never been to a single con. Don't plan to. And the closest thing I've been to a fursuiter was my ex. She just wears cat ears and a tail.
I mean, I knew about some of the nutty stuff like THOR and the Dragon that ain't good. But, nothing more than that.
The worst "furfaggotry" I've ever been subject to personally was someone back on my old DA account. I had a sexy Servine chick he liked. No seriously, liked her. He asked me for her age so he could...date her...somefuckinghow. 6^9

I have heard but not seen the worst this fandom has to offer and I'm going to put the following in my signature. I pay mortgage for a rock. It's hard, cramped, and company doesn't stay very long, but it at least acts as a barricade to prevent what little hope I have for humanity from escaping.

How about I start a thread about properly cleaning your murrhole. Would that satisfy you?

.............................yes o-o

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Believe it or not, I'm the most ignorant fuck when it comes to the fandom. I'm not bullshitting when I say this: I've never been asked to RP. I've never seen what happens in one. I've never actually been to SoFurry and the first time I went to InkBunny was when someone made a thread about it here. I didn't know what a murrsuit was until yesterday. The only comics I'm fairly familiar with are extremely popular but bad ones (story wise) like Las Lindas, Better Days, Rascals. Never read a single fanfic or furry story.
Never been to a single con. Don't plan to. And the closest thing I've been to a fursuiter was my ex.
You're certainly not the only one. I think you've pretty much summed up my experience of the fandom.

And in many cases, I get the impression that ignorance is bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.