• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

In Need of Help - Mental Illness

Do you have any Mental Illnesses?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrawWithLaura

Wow WTF is going on?!
I was GOING to make a journal about this, but it looks like FA is going to be down for ???
So I'm making this thread because I desperately need help and there's no way to know if FA will be back up in time? Maybe I'm just panicking. But anyways;

Long story short, I have abusive parents, mental illness, a ton of debt and my boyfriend is going to lose his job. I am in desperate need of help-please read more about it here;
If you can donate I appreciate it so much, but if you can't that's fine too! Feel free to share my GoFundMe page to help raise more awareness, CLICK HERE
Thanks so much . ~.

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
I don't have much money, but I'll donate when I can and spread it to as many places as I can think of. It can be tough when your partner loses their job. Make sure to be supportive of him. Do you happen to live with him or have plans to move in?

DrawWithLaura

Wow WTF is going on?!
I don't have much money, but I'll donate when I can and spread it to as many places as I can think of. It can be tough when your partner loses their job. Make sure to be supportive of him. Do you happen to live with him or have plans to move in?
Hey, thanks so much for this-I really appreciate it <3
We are living together yes, for a few years now. It's been really tough, and it's no secret I'm a huge contributor to our financial situation (between being unable to work, and my massive debt) and he has ALWAYS been supportive of me. There's no way I wouldn't do the same for him. It's true that we're heavily relying on his pay cheques, and it's true that we're going to be devastated when he gets fired, but we're both in this, and I can't put any blame or weight on him because of it.
I'm just really trying to find solutions that won't worsen our situation (like taking on so many commissions I get in a horrible backlog).

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
I have mental illnesses too and after many years, I'm having tests again that I can get right help and medicines for me.
I just had depression test, personality disorder tests, ADHD and Asperger tests, and now I am waiting to meet neuropsychology, then I hear what is wring with me.
I already have bad depression, anxiety disorder, dissociative identity disorder, I do selfharm a lot, suicidal, my childhood was very violent (thanks my stepdad and bullies) etc shit.
I eat so much medicines that it's actually miracle that I can think or do anything.

But back to you, I really wish that things goes well ASAP :/ That must be very difficult to handle. I would donate for you, if I had any money .___.
All what I can do is wish good luck to you! Hope everything goes well! *hugs*

DrawWithLaura

Wow WTF is going on?!
I have mental illnesses too and after many years, I'm having tests again that I can get right help and medicines for me.
I just had depression test, personality disorder tests, ADHD and Asperger tests, and now I am waiting to meet neuropsychology, then I hear what is wring with me.
I already have bad depression, anxiety disorder, dissociative identity disorder, I do selfharm a lot, suicidal, my childhood was very violent (thanks my stepdad and bullies) etc shit.
I eat so much medicines that it's actually miracle that I can think or do anything.

But back to you, I really wish that things goes well ASAP :/ That must be very difficult to handle. I would donate for you, if I had any money .___.
All what I can do is wish good luck to you! Hope everything goes well! *hugs*
I'm so sorry to hear this, knowing what I do about what I'm dealing with has given me a whole new respect for people dealing with similar issues. It always perplexes me, when things are SO bad for me, but others have a worse disorder-how do they even do it?
You are stronger then I, and I'm glad you're getting help, hopefully you'll get some answers soon!

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Have to say I am totally not okay with this in the least bit. Just asking for money out of the blue is some major bullshit but hey, if people do it then props to you.

Aside from that, assuming you're not in some shit country there should be homes/shelters/etc. that help people ages 12 - 28 with homelessness and abuse. I suggest you take advantage of them if need be.

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
I'm so sorry to hear this, knowing what I do about what I'm dealing with has given me a whole new respect for people dealing with similar issues. It always perplexes me, when things are SO bad for me, but others have a worse disorder-how do they even do it?
You are stronger then I, and I'm glad you're getting help, hopefully you'll get some answers soon!

Well, I never had any choises than just try to be strong and that's why my personality splitted in many personalities in one mind/body.
It's kinda one way to survive in real world.

Mmmm-m, it took so long time when I was getting help when I was kid, when adults sent me to the psychiatric department where I lived 3 years of my life. but it helped me a lot.
I'm going to get answers in this year and then they can figure out what is the best way to help me on the future.
20 years of therapists, psychiatric departments, medicines etc. and still continues.
BUT, I can't comlain too much. There is always someone who had/have way much worse life than me :/

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
Have to say I am totally not okay with this in the least bit. Just asking for money out of the blue is some major bullshit but hey, if people do it then props to you.

Aside from that, assuming you're not in some shit country there should be homes/shelters/etc. that help people ages 12 - 28 with homelessness and abuse. I suggest you take advantage of them if need be.

There is no need to be rude >A>
Of course anyone have rights to their opinions.

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
There is no need to be rude >A>
Of course anyone have rights to their opinions.

Hey as much as I can feign sympathy I am legit not okay with people straight up begging for money regardless of the circumstance. There are plenty of programs and such to help people in his position before things get too hard assuming they're in places like Canada or the USA. If they're in some shit country then eh, that's life.

DrawWithLaura

Wow WTF is going on?!

I have been reaching out for help-but have been put on waiting lists. And this is a very immediate problem, even EI won't help because you need to be unemployed for a while before you can apply.
It's fine if you don't agree, I don't like it either but I feel like I'm out of options v -v Whether you like it or not, GoFundMe IS an option, and I'm trying it.