• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Inability To Block Users From Userpages

Trauron

Dragon But Also Hyena
It seems that the blocking users option doesn't work anymore, seeing someone I blocked from my page a while back can now access it again, I am wondering if this feature is broken and/or malfunctioning for just me. It could always be something that comes along with everything else that is going on with FA right now, but I just thought I would bring it up since it may be important to some people. I don't want annoying people that I put on my Block List bothering me again. x:

Blocking people doesn't prevent them from viewing your page or art. It prevents them from commenting on your page, art, or journals.

Foxstar

lol reggin
If done right ^ what he said. I can't see a blocking feature that would stop the person from visiting your page at all coming into play, the chidlishness and drama that would result from that would be more of a headache then what it's worth.

J

jayhusky

With the blocking feature on the mainsite you MUST put only ONE username per line

Example:

furcity
dragoneer
yak

DONT put this:

furcity, dragoneer, yak

Trauron

Dragon But Also Hyena
I am aware of all that, but I am getting comments from people I have blocked along with Re-watches.

J

jayhusky

that is very strange, I don't know what to suggest other than pm a admin and tel them

shenryyr

I find it odd that everyone in threads about blocking say it doesn't prevent someone from viewing your user page, when the section where you input people to block reads as such::

Block users who are being rude or malicious towards you. Blocked users will not be able to view your user page.

Rhainor

Rawr.
I am aware of all that, but I am getting comments from people I have blocked along with Re-watches.
Here's what blocking does and does not do:

A blocked user can:
- view your userpage
- view your submissions and journals
- favorite your submissions
- reply to your comments on other people's submissions and journals
- watch you

A blocked user cannot:
- leave shouts on your userpage
- comment on your submissions and journals

I'm 99% sure this is accurate. If you are experiencing something contradictory to this list, then yes, there is a glitch somewhere.

Stratelier

The blocking option visibly says something contradictory to that list. And we all know certain few people deliberately use #4 to keep harassing others and causing drama.

Rhainor

Rawr.
The blocking option visibly says something contradictory to that list. And we all know certain few people deliberately use #4 to keep harassing others and causing drama.
Yeah, that was mentioned in IRC shortly after I posted. The description in the CP is inaccurate. That may have been the intended function, but it doesn't do that currently, and I'm not sure it ever did.

Yes, they're working on updating that description.

I know that 4th bullet point was discussed in IRC at some point, but I can't remember where the discussion led.

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just to let you know the blocking ufnctionality would be rewritten and would eliminate the "reply to a reply" problem the current blocking has, and the problem with being able to watch and fav.

It will not block people from viewing your art or your pages. Just remove their ability to leave a message or notification of any sort for you, in one way or another.

Stratelier

Just remove their ability to leave a message or notification of any sort for you, in one way or another.
IMO, blocked users should not be able to +Watch the artist. +Faving does not need to be strictly blocked, but the notiication of it does.

And perhaps a reminder for the person who blocked them, so that if they check up on that user's page FA will give them a notice like "This is a user on your Blocklist" but, of course, not actually prevent them from viewing the page.

ThaMan

Shouldn't there be a 'Delete Comment' function?

I blocked this one user and all he did was come up with a different user name and started posting these offensive and racist comments on one of my submissions. It really mucks up the page.

GraemeLion

IMO, blocked users should not be able to +Watch the artist. +Faving does not need to be strictly blocked, but the notiication of it does.

And perhaps a reminder for the person who blocked them, so that if they check up on that user's page FA will give them a notice like "This is a user on your Blocklist" but, of course, not actually prevent them from viewing the page.

Disagree.

+Watching is something done on the blocked user's side. Taking control away from them because someone else blocked them is not an acceptable solution.

It doesn't stop the blocked person from viewing the blocker's page, so what would be the purpose of writing extra code (that could contain bugs) that has no effect?

If the blocked person cannot comment, cannot comment on submissions, and cannot in any way harass the blocker on the blocker's page, then the block is effective.

If the blocker goes to the blocked person's page and reads about drama , then that's the blocker looking for trouble.

aquavixen

Like a fox!
I guess i'm still a noob to FA, but i've clicked all over my control panel, account settings, and everything, and i can't see any possible way to add anyone to any kind of block list.

Where is it? Also, does it block people from sending me notes? I have someone soliciting commissions to me daily and i dunno who the f--- they are or why they're sending it to me, some japan-fur that doesn't even speak proper english.

Aurali

Banned
Banned
I guess i'm still a noob to FA, but i've clicked all over my control panel, account settings, and everything, and i can't see any possible way to add anyone to any kind of block list.

Where is it? Also, does it block people from sending me notes? I have someone soliciting commissions to me daily and i dunno who the f--- they are or why they're sending it to me, some japan-fur that doesn't even speak proper english.

old thread is old,
http://www.furaffinity.net/controls/profile/ block list

honestly it should be in settings, not profile.. but that's just cosmetic.

SangrePika

Commissioner Pika
This is the reason why I signed up with the forums. I want to introduce an idea that will strengthen the block system. Originally, it was gonna be for DA, but they refused. So, do you think FA will accept the idea I have in mind?

Lunar_Prodigy

Lunar_Prodigy
It seems that the blocking users option doesn't work anymore, seeing someone I blocked from my page a while back can now access it again, I am wondering if this feature is broken and/or malfunctioning for just me. It could always be something that comes along with everything else that is going on with FA right now, but I just thought I would bring it up since it may be important to some people. I don't want annoying people that I put on my Block List bothering me again. x:

amen, thank you for posting this, was having the same issue and am having people i blocked able to bother men. i hope this is fixed soon

Crissa

Currently, block user bounces replies to you on someone else's gallery without warning. So you lose whatever you were replying, which kinda destroys the conversation. Better would that it warned you before blowing up, best it apply the comment (so anyone loading the page still gets to see it) and not generate a message on the blocking user's msg page.

That's something on the list in Rhainor's post, #4 actually.

And no, I have no idea why the person has me blocked. <i>Best not to worry about it</i>, I think. Besides, who checks who they're replying to in a conversation, anyhow? And how would anyone know or remember they'd been blocked? You wouldn't, that's what.

-Crissa