• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Increase security in furry breakrooms

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Nope, my sensibilities aren't fragile at all : I've lived in some pretty rough parts of Baltimore for a few decades, and been fine without a weapon; I've been able to take care of myself.

Though I have shot for hunting, that was years ago, and living in the city, I see no need to.

If you wanna break the laws you helped uphold via your service to your nation, that's your own decision; I certainly can't condone it though.

And still, I think it's rather paranoid to feel you need to have to have a gun at a furry con. Anyway, they are not legal at cons; this has come up time and again on these forums. So many people seem to be so taken in by paranoia, these days, when overall, the homicide rate has been steadily falling. And I don't see our country as 'falling apart', aside from the rich getting richer, and a lot of folks getting left behind.....but that's all I have to say, I'm not gonna argue any more on a furry forum, where I go to have fun.

If ya wanna argue more on this topic, argue with the people who make the rules at the cons, and see what they have to say about the matter.
It's all good Simo. I am not argueing. I still like you. And I do respect your opinions. Feliz Navidad my friend!:)

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
And don't get me wrong, I think it's necessary that everyone have better training when they carry a firearm.
And not police training, either.
The military teaches proper rules of engagement and, when executed properly, lowers the chance of collateral damage.
The more metal flies around, the more likely it is to have hurt people.
But military training doesn't just focus on just sending high-speed, hot lead at people, but to diffuse situations.
The only time military personnel are supposed to fire a weapon is if every other avenue is used up.

So sure, I can see why people are iffy around those who aren't properly trained in both safety and tactics, but I feel like Okami here is the exception to the paranoia.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Nope, my sensibilities aren't fragile at all : I've lived in some pretty rough parts of Baltimore for a few decades, and been fine without a weapon; I've been able to take care of myself.

Though I have shot for hunting, that was years ago, and living in the city, I see no need to.

If you wanna break the laws you helped uphold via your service to your nation, that's your own decision; I certainly can't condone it though.

And still, I think it's rather paranoid to feel you need to have to have a gun at a furry con. Anyway, they are not legal at cons; this has come up time and again on these forums. So many people seem to be so taken in by paranoia, these days, when overall, the homicide rate has been steadily falling. And I don't see our country as 'falling apart', aside from the rich getting richer, and a lot of folks getting left behind.....but that's all I have to say, I'm not gonna argue any more on a furry forum, where I go to have fun.

If ya wanna argue more on this topic, argue with the people who make the rules at the cons, and see what they have to say about the matter.
And to clarify I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. And to protect the freedom of its people and allies. I did not take an oath to defend every law of every state city town and province.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

And don't get me wrong, I think it's necessary that everyone have better training when they carry a firearm.
And not police training, either.
The military teaches proper rules of engagement and, when executed properly, lowers the chance of collateral damage.
The more metal flies around, the more likely it is to have hurt people.
But military training doesn't just focus on just sending high-speed, hot lead at people, but to diffuse situations.
The only time military personnel are supposed to fire a weapon is if every other avenue is used up.

So sure, I can see why people are iffy around those who aren't properly trained in both safety and tactics, but I feel like Okami here is the exception to the paranoia.
Exactly. Last resort. Just because I carry a weapon does not mean I have to use it.

xxokamishinaxx

Wording my opinion, I don't think if it's necessary to carry a firearm to a con, because of some obvious reasons, you know. I don't feel like anyone should have to. But I definitely think security should tighten up for con break rooms. A friend of a friend relayed to me some disturbing stuff that she had to deal with and another random congoer there that I feel like could have been prevented if there were better eyes kept out, as just one of many problems. But I don't want any sketch guards at a con, you know? I would also hope that no extreme crazy shit goes down to where security has to pull guns and actually shoot, but you honestly never know what people will try to do, even at a place where people are just trying to cosplay and have fun.