• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Insecure with my "shadeless" art

Jadoubs

Hi all, I can't really do shades properly and I have been thinking of going shadeless.

It usually takes around 2h for me to shade (6 hours to line art and 2 to base color), when I am done with shading I just wish I was already drawing something else lol.

Are there "sucessfull" artist that do shadeless work? Is there any hope? Or should just stop everything I am doing and practice it until I can shadow poperly?

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

www.furaffinity.net: Bunny Girl OC by Jadoubs

Last edited:

KnightsSorrow

Just had a look at your gallery, and honestly I don't mind your shadeless version.

And there's plenty of artists that do flat colour artwork options.

bodocumentaries

it can be tough to get the hang of shading, i myself dont feel super confident in my shading as well.

I've seen artists make the lineart part of the shading as well so there's plenty of different ways to draw

I think both of your pieces look really awesome, shading or no shading so i'd just keep practicing :>

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Lighting is complicated and there are so many styles to do it. I say just have fun practicing/exploring and don't be afraid to make mistakes.

But yes. There are A LOT of flat coloring artists that are successful.