• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Instant Unfaves

TheTofinator

npc energy on max
I've been wondering about this, and also been irritated about this. People instantly unfaving a picture after faving it, I mean.

I'm not talking about changing your mind, faving another version if it was made by another person for the person in whose you initially faved it, those sort of stuff. I mean when a person faves and when you go to say thanks to them, you notice that their favourites gallery is completely empty. It feels... off, to me. Sort of rude, like you're just faving stuff to get people to pop over to your page? What is up with that?

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
I've been wondering about this, and also been irritated about this. People instantly unfaving a picture after faving it, I mean.

I'm not talking about changing your mind, faving another version if it was made by another person for the person in whose you initially faved it, those sort of stuff. I mean when a person faves and when you go to say thanks to them, you notice that their favourites gallery is completely empty. It feels... off, to me. Sort of rude, like you're just faving stuff to get people to pop over to your page? What is up with that?
Eh... perhaps they're just indecisive; or.... perhaps they've changed their minds after thinking about it..... or - it could also be, that: they like you too much, and - they want you to visit their page and "notice" them.... hmmmm? ☺

Rayd

profound asshole
i get more offended whenever people favorite my stuff, watch me, or leave compliments on my pages solely to promote their art. it feels so disingenuous and manipulative and there's so many people that do it. grinds my gears.

TheTofinator

npc energy on max
Eh... perhaps they're just indecisive; or.... perhaps they've changed their minds after thinking about it..... or - it could also be, that: they like you too much, and - they want you to visit their page and "notice" them.... hmmmm? ☺
being so indecisive that the fave album is completely empty isn't just indecisive, I'd say. But if it were the latter, lol, they'd just do the opposite

TheTofinator

npc energy on max
i get more offended whenever people favorite my stuff, watch me, or leave compliments on my pages solely to promote their art. it feels so disingenuous and manipulative and there's so many people that do it. grinds my gears.
sort of "your art is great, what about mine"? I got a watch followed by a "let's watch each other!" recently which only annoyed me. Some people just have no manners.

ben909

vaporeon character is busy so coffee mushroom now
are these faves that were never ment to be faved... it has happened to me with touchscreens were i poke the wrong button, although its not common for me on fa, more for other sites with bigger buttons

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Too many bot accounts. You can usually find out who they belong to because they typically start off by faving the art of their own alts!

But in general, I have seen this done as a form of harassment. Especially if you blocked someone recently. (Unless they fixed that so blocked people can't fave, I can't remember)

On the other hand, I have also fatfingered enough on my phone to accidentally watch people by mistake. I can imagine it happens sometimes with faves.

ben909

Too many bot accounts. You can usually find out who they belong to because they typically start off by faving the art of their own alts!

But in general, I have seen this done as a form of harassment. Especially if you blocked someone recently. (Unless they fixed that so blocked people can't fave, I can't remember)

On the other hand, I have also fatfingered enough on my phone to accidentally watch people by mistake. I can imagine it happens sometimes with faves.
blocked people cannot fave... a bunch of mine got removed so i don't know... also pretty sure i did not interact with them and this was before discord, but thats unrelated anyway

quoting_mungo

If a favorites gallery of someone who you got a notification for contains no submissions at all, it’s a pretty safe assumption that the user’s favorites are just hidden. Similarly, if they faved your adult work and you only see General stuff in their faves, they probably have adult faves hidden.

It would take a marvel of timing for it being a case of them unfaving your submission between you loading your notifications and loading their profile. Unless something changed recently, removed faves don’t generate notifications that identify the user.

TheTofinator

npc energy on max
are these faves that were never ment to be faved... it has happened to me with touchscreens were i poke the wrong button, although its not common for me on fa, more for other sites with bigger buttons
I get that that can happen. But so many blank fave galleries makes it feel like that's not the issue here.

ben909

I get that that can happen. But so many blank fave galleries makes it feel like that's not the issue here.
do you mean the hidden favorites?

Rayd

profound asshole
sort of "your art is great, what about mine"? I got a watch followed by a "let's watch each other!" recently which only annoyed me. Some people just have no manners.
to me as a non-artist it's always felt to me that the type of people that do this see us commissioners as nothing more than potential customers and have no remorse in watching 100+ of us a day or leaving the generic "wow! your sona is cute hahah!" comments on our art or in our shouts.

i just block them, even if i like their art. cause i remember what the majority of this fandom seems to forget - people aren't worthy of special tolerance or praise just because they're talented.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
being so indecisive that the fave album is completely empty isn't just indecisive, I'd say.
I agree; but.... sometimes people just want attention, as well.... (and this can be especially true when it's someone they like or admire).... and so - getting it can sometimes mean faving stuff to get the OP to notice them.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Probably related are those who hide their faves; why tho..? your account is empty, even if you're ashamed of the stuff you fave it's not like anyone can tie it to you

SerlisTialo

sea cucumber
some people fav art they see on the homepage and then go to their faves to add them to bookmarks in their browser.

i know a guy that does that.

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
Admittedly, I've done that if I hastily fave something only to realize the pic was not quite what I thought it was. For instance, an otherwise cute pic that is actually a kink I don't like.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
I had a guy like one of the pieces of art I'd commissioned, left a shout on my page and followed me. When I went to return the favor, I found that he'd BLOCKED me.

What the hell?

Dr-Meat-Roll

all meat maki
Admittedly, I've done that if I hastily fave something only to realize the pic was not quite what I thought it was. For instance, an otherwise cute pic that is actually a kink I don't like.
same

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist

That seems to be the ethos of Instagram, I've noticed. LOOK AT MEEEEEE LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEE.

Ash Sukea

High functioning everything...most days.
Sometimes I’ll instantly unfave something because my screen mistook a swipe for a tap,
or I’d love to fave it but know there are people who watch what I fave who wouldn’t approve.
Or it mentions a kink in the keywords I’m not comfortable with.
Some people might have multiple accounts and feel that the faved image might go better with their other account.