• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Interesting aspects about your characters

Earth Rio

It isn't butter?!
Um... I can't think of anything. Perhaps it's because she is the only fursona I own that has changed form three times? (anthro, feral, neko then back to anthro). Aside from that... nothing.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
They are all communists.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
Thing that makes mine different from most is they die at the end of the story.

...Spoiler Alert I guess. :v

Not-a-DJ

My fursona is fairly normal. That's an interesting aspect because I'm a complete nut.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
People.

Genitalia and being able to kill stuff does not a character make :/
Much less an interesting one.

Now, being able to kill stuff *with* their genitalia... :v

EDIT: ...actually wouldn't be that surprising at this point. God damnit. It's hard to make fun of something when you can't out-stupid it.

Thing that makes mine different from most is they die at the end of the story.

...Spoiler Alert I guess. :v

And later they died.

Last edited:

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Immunity to psionics and hypnotism.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
That's what I love about dirty characters. Alcoholics, drug users, ex-cons, etc. they all have that special something to them. They have something they can overcome while at the same time they're inexorably tied to their vices. People label them as such without getting to know them which makes it interesting when their true personalities break through their shoddy image. A drunk bum violently beating a gang-banger into submission via street justice is a lot more interesting than some pseudo-superfur doing it because he's so goddamn special. There's also room for growth, the character always has that shadow that they could fall again into their old ways, and their redemption and failings are felt on a more human level.

That's just my take anyway.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Immunity to psionics and hypnotism.

Actually, what I think is more interesting is the fact that you're not into vore and rape...thus you win the Sergal Originality Award. :p

Lessee interesting aspects about my character...well, this is mostly how people prefer to draw him, but I almost always seem to have a bag of chips / crisps with me. XD

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
That's what I love about dirty characters. Alcoholics, drug users, ex-cons, etc. they all have that special something to them. They have something they can overcome while at the same time they're inexorably tied to their vices. People label them as such without getting to know them which makes it interesting when their true personalities break through their shoddy image. A drunk bum violently beating a gang-banger into submission via street justice is a lot more interesting than some pseudo-superfur doing it because he's so goddamn special. There's also room for growth, the character always has that shadow that they could fall again into their old ways, and their redemption and failings are felt on a more human level.

That's just my take anyway.

Expanding on this, it's actually difficult for OP characters to really be good guys. Think about it, if superman took a bullet for you, how much of a fuck would you really give? I mean shit, he's Superman. It cost him fucking nothing to do that. It'd be a dick move *not* to take the bullet. If, on the other hand, the dude sitting next to you on the subway took the hit, you'd owe him for the rest of your life. He'd be a saint, because he seriously could have lost his life. He sacrificed something. Super demigod characters can't make sacrifices or take risks. They can have some conflicts, they can have setbacks, but they don't have the same credibility as the trials of a character that you know could be crushed every time they pick up the sword. There are characters where for every time they pick a fight or take on a challenge, it has to be something they're ready to die for, because they could. Their actions show a deep, undying commitment to uphold their ideals at any cost, even if it destroys them.

Meanwhile, the most the superman/demigod characters can show is that they're willing to scratch their ass and shrug their shoulders for justice. What does saving a life mean when it only takes about as much effort as getting up to get a beer?

iconmaster

Still the Best - 1973
Bah, my main fursona is OP and sorta cliche. He's immortal, and later, he gets to time travel. He's really more plot glue than fursona.

My more tangental fursonas are more down-to-earth, though.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.

ADF

My Dean is a sort of monster rather than anthropomorphic animal. The spines on his tail contain a paralysing neurotoxin, the squid like suckers attaching to paralysed victims so that they may be injected with transformation chemicals.

As for my main sona, he's as generic as you can get :p

Last edited:

Schiraki

Hm, my roach can eat nearly everything and would be able to survive a nuclear war. And she could survive some weeks without head before she dies.

Conn1496

Professional Weirdo
I'm a part sea serpent with fur. Hybrids, ftw! Can't really tell by my current design, but my new design shows it. Too bad I can't get it uploaded. >_<

Andy Dingo Wolf

The Oncoming Storm
The watch-like, mini-pipboy-like personal teleport device attached to all of my characters right wrists. Short range, for emergency use only.

HipsterCoyote

50 Shades of Gay
My self-representing character started out as a joke when my room mate and I did makeup on each other and it was a competition of how AWFUL we could make each others' makeup. Eyeliner TO THE SKY. Lip-liner with absolutely no lipstick. Leopard print detail eyeshadow. Bahahaha. Anyway, I made up Chaqita the Chola Goat, who ... wears very atrocious makeup, but don't say anything to her, because she will probably make a broadway musical about it. She is a horribly violent little spurt o' hispanic trailer trash who should be on COPS on a monthly basis.

Marazhu

Banned
Banned
My character is a Fat Panda that eats noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Lives on top of a turtle and loves having sex with cows

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Except mine aren't based on a true story. I willingly kill my own characters. Because fuck them, they're mine.

But it's true of any character. When a character "survives" a story, it just means their life stopped being interesting before they died.

Nothing special about mine. I doubt anything unique can ever exist nowadays.

All art is theft.

Last edited:
S

Sar

Is the ability to persuade and manipulate anyone into doing anything one?