• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Internet pet peeves

P

Purplefuzz

My biggest one is few variations of poorly handling a debate/conversation.

Out of nowhere immaturity, Bullying others into how there opinions are facts, Talking about topics they not very informed on.

people replying in just smileys, or a set of punctuation marks. One of the people I DM for in an OOC chat litters the "......." all the time, and I hate this so much I'm ready to drop a piano on her character's head.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Having things forced down my throat. I've told people I don't like Mario. I told people I don't like hunting. People don't care! They continue to do so, telling me why I absolutely have to worship the Mario franchise or why I absolutely have to support hunting, yet bitch when other certain things are shoved down their throats.

B

blue sky love

Having things forced down my throat. I've told people I don't like Mario. I told people I don't like hunting. People don't care! They continue to do so, telling me why I absolutely have to worship the Mario franchise or why I absolutely have to support hunting, yet bitch when other certain things are shoved down their throats.

This. In general!

Xaroin

THE ONE THE ONLY
Annoying people who spout propaganda that will self deprecate themselves when you ask for a source

Peach's

mathmagician
Political memes that you can dissect and destroy with like a fucking google search of a small conversation, and they are fucking everywhere like they are pearls of common sense wisdom.

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Relaxed Nature-Often lost in thought
Person: "Everyone should be respectful of each other."

Me: "I agree!"

Person: *Disrespects what you stand for on the sly - despite you not mentioning Anything against what they stand for*

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
Clients who don't communicate and/or don't pay up.

Back when I first started freelance writing I completed two pieces of work for a client and it sat in her (I assume it was a woman based on her email) queue and it just sat there for a week, no response. So assumed she was busy and went to complete other projects.

Then out of nowhere she rejects both, leaves me 2 crap reviews, I don't get paid, and no further contact. It wasn't so bad because I wasn't going to get paid much and it didn't take me too long to write and research the stuff but because I was just starting out the reviews really hurt me and it would take me about a month to recover.

To this day, I have a feeling she was transcribing my article word-by-word so she wouldn't have to pay up. And once she was done she just cancelled and went on her way.

P

Purplefuzz

Reminds me of people who bitched to me on the greatness of bassy headphones when i said i liked the ER4, But lash out when a neturalhead does the same with bit more harshness.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Tumblr, and everything it has spawned.

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate

P I N T R E S T

I LOATH PINTEREST.

Anytime I try to research something or look up an image source it ALWAYS end up a deadend on fucking Pinterest.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Unwarranted zero-context posts when chatting on social networks - when someone throws you random links, voice messages or other things without actually explaining what they contain, and you have to waste your own time opening apps and clicking on stuff (only to find out it's some stupid random memes or something). It's annoying, time-wasting, and just shows that your companion is too lazy to have respect for your convenience, since such situations can be easily avoided by writing couple sentences or embedding the picture/video instead of posting it as a link.

While it relates to real life too, I'll also say unsolicited sob stories. I don't mind listening to someone's struggles, and I'm also eager to help when I can, but some people just can't help but complain about their life all the time, without asking whether I'm in the mood for it or not. It ticks me off when people push their negativity down my throat or leave me walls of morbid text to dig through - all without even considering the possibility that I have my problems too, and that I can't take the role of couch therapist all the time. As a general rule, if you feel like you need to speak to someone, do your best to ask first.

Last edited:
P

Purplefuzz

People who either block or never reply back when there posts are called out.

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
People who either block or never reply back when there posts are called out.
Maybe because it's not important? Online arguments aren't something people need to respond to. Tbh it'd be way healthier if people used their block buttons more.