• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Internet pet peeves

P

Purplefuzz

Kiwifarms and Encyclopedia Dramatica. Trolls who bully and persecute the mentally ill and vulnerable are scum.

The guy who runs KF along with his mum sound like scum that should rot in jail.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
When websites (mostly local American news magazines) don't let european users visit because the website isn't gdpr compliant.

Like, dudes, being gdpr compliant isn't even hard. What are you actually doing with your users' data?

P

Purplefuzz

When websites (mostly local American news magazines) don't let european users visit because the website isn't gdpr compliant.

Like, dudes, being gdpr compliant isn't even hard. What are you actually doing with your users' data if you aren't?

Never understood the logic behind that beyond it being so dumb.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Never understood the logic behind that beyond it being so dumb.

I imagine it goes like this:

"You expect us to password protect our users' data? What a tyrannical demand! We would never be able to do that; it would damage our business, so we're just going to block an entire continent instead,"

P

Purplefuzz

I imagine it goes like this:

"You expect us to password protect our users' data? What a tyrannical demand! We would never be able to do that; it would damage our business, so we're just going to block an entire continent instead,"

Yeah because hiring coders to there job is too much but stupidity blocking a whole place isn't. About as stupid as the sites that block anyone with a active ad blocker software and ignore all the dodgy ad on there site.

Like the on The escapist where being pro ad block is ban worthy on there forums and the mods tried making it a illegal action. lol

P

Purplefuzz

For gatekeeping i really hate the furries that push there opinions on ya as if its fact, Like being painfully open how they don't like the NSFW side.

B

blue sky love

Kiwifarms and Encyclopedia Dramatica. Trolls who bully and persecute the mentally ill and vulnerable are scum.
Yeah and I'm mentally ill too.

PTSD, BPD and depression

Possibly also got ASD, Attention Deficit, and Schizotypal Personality Disorder

P

Purplefuzz

It's why i never bought the idea it was a satire wiki, The whole site was born from hate. Early ED was made because wikipedia told a LJ Drama blog to fuck off when they made a page that was full of sensitive information and starting stupid drama. This even includes 4chan which does the same crap and the site is so poorly run/rotten that is 99% of it is just different flavours of /pol/ & /b/.

AppleButt

I don’t like when people are mean to me during debates.

I haven’t had it happen to me here personally on FAF though.

I don’t like to debate that much at all. I’m not good at it and a lot of times I usually get my ass kicked. Then I’ll think in hindsight of all the different ways I could have expressed myself better.

So it’s a real let down to have someone be mean to me during a debate when I already don’t like debating that much, and do it so few times.

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer
All of the "Dude! you have to check out this clickbait article! I knew it all along!"
*barf

Also when I go to a site and they're like "hey, we need you to turn off your adblockers so we can barrage you with advertisements, some of which are probably videos that will slow you right down"
I just go to another site, but it is still incredibly annoying.

Anti-vaxxers
Why the hell are these people so prolific and so vocal?

P

Purplefuzz

I don’t like when people are mean to me during debates.

I haven’t had it happen to me here personally on FAF though.

I don’t like to debate that much at all. I’m not good at it and a lot of times I usually get my ass kicked. Then I’ll think in hindsight of all the different ways I could have expressed myself better.

So it’s a real let down to have someone be mean to me during a debate when I already don’t like debating that much, and do it so few times.

I had 2 get nasty over there "furries deserve hate" crap being called out. Same with audiophiles who think there know more than engineers who make stuff, Seems like a lot have this attitude that they'll attack there way out or troll out while sounding dumb as 2 rocks.

Like 1 insisting all yiff fans are kero defending scum all because she drank the anti-yiff kool aid this community/outsiders spread as fact.

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
I made a meme out of a pet peeve I had, mostly to get it out of my system near instant.
upsetdiscorduser.png

For those who somehow don't understand, it's basically people who when they are "upset" change their profile to a black image and username something edgy like "...", "Worthless idiot", etc etc.
It's a horrible attention seeking habit... If you have a problem, people are happy to hear you, but this is the WORST way to get attention, if anything most people hate it.

P

Purplefuzz

To me it's weak trolling, i had take a break from /r/furry and furry vent channels. Because it's nothing but woe is me being 99% of there posting content, Got better things to do than be called bitter because i see through there attempts and how immature they sound.

There no real proof is the sad goings on are even real or its just some story they created, Since they ignore anyone who says did they get help before running to there keyboard/phone. lol