• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Introducing AnthroVerse

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrus_nori

Also, Google is soon to release their online virtual worlds this year, I believe the name for their system is MyWorlds or something along that line, the project has been in BETA testing at Arizona State University and has kept a pretty tight lid on the project.

Considering the amount of interest in such systems and the virtual economies doing so well in them, the lack of these systems, I feel up to this task and want to get a group together once things progress a bit, I need some one knowledgeable in C or C++ and Flash to make the program in Flash and I'll be furthering my skills in those areas of programming also.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I might actually consider joining one of these if it fixes all of the problems of Second Life.

Just be prepared for troll accounts and outside attacks.

nitrus_nori

I'll be personally buying as much of the equipment as possible, already have over a grand of network equipment stock piled, lol, I'm so broke due to that x.x

As for the specifics on servers, that will need to come more later after we have gotten all the planning done for how the system will function as that info is needed to base such statements on, but it will be picked by my self, the network I will design and engineer personally as I have PC, IT, Network management and administration, network engineering all in my background.

For more specific information I will have posted on the public board at the web site as things progress, though last night I had a very good talk with some one on how the GRID will operate, it is quite an interesting development and should prove to play out well.

Please note I am only in the third day of getting setup for the actual planning board, so most of the stuff I have come up with and it's in pre-rough draft form, so this will take some time to organize so bare with me!

Also, I am looking and asking for public input on this project, it's a community influenced project, we want to here from people who have ideas on what would be cool and what needs to be left out, etc.

Thanks for the replies!
-Nitrus

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Aden said:
I might actually consider joining one of these if it fixes all of the problems of Second Life.

Shitty Net-code and horrible anything-to-do-with-3D? (Basically the whole core program)

Aden

Bokracroc said:
Aden said:

Shitty Net-code and horrible anything-to-do-with-3D? (Basically the whole core program)

That's the one.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
nitrus_nori said:
I'll be personally buying as much of the equipment as possible, already have over a grand of network equipment stock piled, lol, I'm so broke due to that x.x

As for the specifics on servers, that will need to come more later after we have gotten all the planning done for how the system will function as that info is needed to base such statements on, but it will be picked by my self, the network I will design and engineer personally as I have PC, IT, Network management and administration, network engineering all in my background.

For more specific information I will have posted on the public board at the web site as things progress, though last night I had a very good talk with some one on how the GRID will operate, it is quite an interesting development and should prove to play out well.

Please note I am only in the third day of getting setup for the actual planning board, so most of the stuff I have come up with and it's in pre-rough draft form, so this will take some time to organize so bare with me!

Also, I am looking and asking for public input on this project, it's a community influenced project, we want to here from people who have ideas on what would be cool and what needs to be left out, etc.

Thanks for the replies!
-Nitrus
Well, so far it sounds like you've actually planned ahead, unlike some. Best of luck to you, then.

nitrus_nori

OK, what do you all think of the name?
Is the name for this project OK?

Also, if anyone has alternative names to suggest I'm all ears, this project
will have an extensive credits system and people WILL get credit to their
ideas.

Thanks again!

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
I like the name too, and if it gets off the ground I'd be interested. If you do make it, and if you do go with a furry theme for it, or part of it - I would definitely like a wide range of character options! I'm just thinking of Furcadia and they're "Fox - Wolf - Bear* - Rabbit - Horse - Rodent" thing. *Bear is new, too. They're all really generic, and not much for those of us of 'off' species. I never got Second Life to work, personally, but at the time I was trying to run it on a Mac. Good luck making a Mac compatible version, btw. xD

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Second Life never worked because those idiots can't optimize or program a pretty 3D engine/renderer for crap.

nitrus_nori

Bokracroc said:
Second Life never worked because those idiots can't optimize or program a pretty 3D engine/renderer for crap.

LOL, I hear ya there mate!

Also, this will work on all platforms that Flash can operate on as it will run through Flash, so even if we don't have our own viewer program there will be a interface that one could load through a web browser, the downside to that will be the GUI being in a window though you can full screen the web browser, so that really isn't much of a down side even.

Thank you all for your support as by showing interest we can use to prove to investors that people will like our product and will help make this a reality, we already have some one interested in funding the project but they are waiting for our planning to complete and our business plan will then be made in Ohio shortly after the planning! :)

Thanks again!
-Nitrus Nori

Aden

So, if it's run in Flash, will it be in true 3D? Or will it end up looking like...whatever that Flash thingie is called. The Tail Underground or something like that.

nitrus_nori

It will be Flash using C++ or C with a 3D rendering engine built in
so it will be like any other 3D game, check out Active Worlds, they use Flash and it's not a whole lot different then SL looks wise though it's a bit more primitive in design as compared to SL, though it is allot less bandwidth intense and runs faster.

Though it's not for sure it will be in Flash, I think it would be nice but that is to be discovered a bit later.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
Uh...huh. Forgive me for not having a lot of confidence in this, but... well, I don't have a lot of confidence in this.

1. Use of Flash for links within a website indicates a tendency to use more complex solutions for no gain whatsoever despite the tradeoffs, an odd thing to do when claiming to be ready to fix all of SL's problems.
2. "Every platform Flash runs on" is not exactly an inspiring list, especially for a project trying to be open in every other way.
3. To the best of my knowledge, Flash does NOT have 3D acceleration, does NOT allow C integration when running in a browser, and is NOT used by ActiveWorlds. I'm not sure someone unaware of these critical details is up to the task of beating Linden Labs at their own game.
4. lolol grammarnazi but lack of proofreading does not much encourage me to trust your attention to detail in any other areas.

edit: where did half of my first sentence go

nitrus_nori

OK sorry, I have found out that it wasn't Flash in AW, that was an error on my part.

Again, I'm not sure exactly what will be used yet as it is to early to tell, this stuff takes time and we're not even
in the main planning stage yet.

And your a troll, I like constructive criticizing but the last one was an attack, future posts of such will be disregarded completely, calling some one a Nazi should get you banned with no warning as it to me is a term used in relation to hate.

I'm sorry about my grammar and that I'm not perfect like you must be in your little reality, but I'm doing this and have a team interested in helping me with this, I'm not going to try to be perfect with typing all over the place as by doing so I'd not have THE TIME to do anything else!

Please only constructive criticism from here on out, if the above poster replies back with anything other then ok or I'm sorry, I'm reporting him/her.

Edit: Post reported, not in the mood for direct attacks.

Thanks again,
-Nitrus Nori

I think it is a great concept but as Aden said, there will be a high risk of trolls making accounts so I would suggest some kind of moderation with all of that. But seeing as this is still pre-planning I wish the best of luck and I'm willing to help in anyway that you need.

nitrus_nori

We will have in world support with a live chat pull down menu with in world Kiosks and possibly something more.

A note about the above mentioned:
I am getting allot better at grammar and spelling.
I never finished high school, why? I was expelled for being an Atheist for speaking against my
high school biology teacher who started to teach "scientific creationism" in public school where it did not belong.

Let me tell you about what I have done since then.

I have been a Network Engineer and IT consultant for a telecommunications company for contract of Sprint PCS.
I have been a member of management in a couple retail stores, including Ames Department Stores before they filed chapter 11 and sunk.
I created a system to enable the transmission of US military communications through UDP over the internet heavily encrypted of over 16,000 bit which enables worldwide communication of radio communications and other data semi-instantly all for no profit.
I have worked for a communications company repairing radio towers after ice storms strapped to a 215 foot tower on a 2,400 foot tall mountain in negative 34 degrees with wind chill of negative 62 chipping ice off for $22 USD an hour after $300 show up pay.
I have build, repaired computers hundreds of times since age 9.
I ran a web hosting company as a side job and made $600 a month after only a year in business but since then that feild of business has gotten a bit sharked and I was a tiny little fish.

If have done more, now I have Leukemia but I'm going to do this as I want to, I want to make an improved system over what is out there now for the people using such systems, not to make money though enough to pay off the investors and pay it's bills will be needed and my basic needs at home, that's all I want!

Oh, and love your signature quote!

Thank you all for your time!

Eevee

Banned
Banned
nitrus_nori said:
And your a troll
[size=x-small]What about my troll?[/size]

Contrary to popular furry belief, "troll" does not mean "someone who doesn't agree with everything you say". I am just someone with decent general IT knowledge who happens to be fairly blunt at times.

nitrus_nori said:
I like constructive criticizing but the last one was an attack, future posts of such will be disregarded completely, calling some one a Nazi should get you banned with no warning as it to me is a term used in relation to hate.
I... cannot even imagine how you could parse that sentence to think I was calling you a Nazi. What on earth relation do Nazis have to you? I was saying "haha I am aware I sound like a grammar Nazi but..."

nitrus_nori said:
I'm sorry about my grammar and that I'm not perfect like you must be in your little reality
"My little reality" is the realm of programming, where in fact you do have to be perfect, or your crap won't work. This is part of what I was trying to get at: you don't really seem to be enough of a pedant to make a sprawling and complicated virtual world that, overall, works any better than Second Life.

nitrus_nori

I just got done researching flash a bit, apparently it can't be run through the web with C coded in, so thus that idea is out, as with many pre-planning any company does also involves the initial research, which I am doing and I don't claim to know how the program will be made as I can't make such a claim till after planning when we will look at possible methods we could use, so people jumping in on such now are only silly as they prove how little they know about stuff they don't work in, please be smart about how you post in reply to some one doing something, they likely know more on the subject or enough to do what it is they are doing or else they wouldn't be doing it in the first place!

I am taking public suggestions on what we should use or possibly use, so please, if you have something to suggest I'm all ears, and if you have something to complain about or troll on, don't post! :)

nitrus_nori

Eevee, I am sorry, I miss-understood that last part as it was with a list of things you were stating to me, my bad, you was stating you may have been bad at your grammar as this was pointed out to me by others who told me I miss-read it.

Moderator, please disregard my report on the post from Eevee.

Edit: Eevee, thanks for the help then, as a programmer to point out these over sights to me, just note pre-planning, thanks!

Again, sorry for that.
-Nitrus

Pi

I'm astounded by the tendency of furries to bawwww to the moderator whenever someone's mean to them.

That said, it really sounds like you don't have enough of a coherent plan to have announced this. The thing that appears most solid is the name, and you've even said that's up to change. You say you don't understand C, C++, or Flash, and you basically want people to stumble across this and magically come up with a working system that's better than what's out there. I'd personally expend my effort to improving the already-existent codebase.

As for having it managed by furries, good fucking luck. Everything managed by furries (except anthrochat, where the management is only concerned with making sure the infrastructure is there and not on fire) is a shithole den of favoritism and unaccountability.

My advice? Go back to the drawing board, come back when you've got more experience in this domain under your belt.

nitrus_nori

Hey, I wanted this to be open and to get ideas, lol, to help with the planning, to get feature requests, etc. it wasn't just an announcement, I want to have this is a open project so people know whats going on (most of it) and not closed like so many companies do, to me it's more right to do such with something that is going to be for the users to experience.

Please understand what it is your providing critique on, this is a post to let you guys know "first" and to enquire from you of what we can do for you to make this a great service from the start!

Your opinion on the question whether or not to have it just furries or not is noted and apparently being shared by a good deal including 2 of my team (will ask if names can be released) who are on SL and who are working with me with the projects planning process.

Please note that I am serious about this and it will happen one way or another, whether or not it is the same project exactly in the end or not, if nothing else if it fails as whats planned we may make it into something to the likes of WoW, lol, but something will come of the work being put into it as I don't want to do all this work and have nothing come of it, hell, I'll be putting allot of my own money into this!

Cheers!
-Nitrus

Status
Not open for further replies.