• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Introductory Post #20621

Regret

Hello any and all who decide to read this introductory post, my name is Regret and how are you this glorious afternoon (or morning/night depending upon your geographic location)? I haven't used any forums in many, many years and am still trying to get used to how they operate so it might be sometime before I setup an avatar. Hell, the last time I really posted anywhere online was around 2016 and let me tell you the internet and internet cultures change rapidly. Anyway, as for where the username comes from, I was lacking imagination and just read an email from one of my professors before creating this account, where he used differing variations of the word regret and disappointment no less than twelve times in regards to our class's poor performance on the most recent exam. As such you may have deduced that I am a college student, which in the era of covid is not nearly as fun or exiting as one may hope.

I read the rules and all, but are there any unwritten rules / forum etiquette I need to be aware of? I don't know what else say so if any have questions feel free to ask.

Oh by the way, Happy Valentine's Day for any and all who celebrate!

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Hello any and all who decide to read this introductory post, my name is Regret and how are you this glorious afternoon (or morning/night depending upon your geographic location)? I haven't used any forums in many, many years and am still trying to get used to how they operate so it might be sometime before I setup an avatar. Hell, the last time I really posted anywhere online was around 2016 and let me tell you the internet and internet cultures change rapidly. Anyway, as for where the username comes from, I was lacking imagination and just read an email from one of my professors before creating this account, where he used differing variations of the word regret and disappointment no less than twelve times in regards to our class's poor performance on the most recent exam. As such you may have deduced that I am a college student, which in the era of covid is not nearly as fun or exiting as one may hope.

I read the rules and all, but are there any unwritten rules / forum etiquette I need to be aware of? I don't know what else say so if any have questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forums!

I get what you mean about studying, I started my course this year and oooo boye it's a unique experience.

Regret

Welcome to the forums!

I get what you mean about studying, I started my course this year and oooo boye it's a unique experience.
Thanks!

If you just started, what you are going to want to do is reach out to people in your classes/program/department however it is set up for your school and stay in communication with them. Set up times to meet up to work on assignments and projects as it will make the experience a lot less stressful and isolating. Trust me, we all had to learn that the hard way last year.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Thanks!

If you just started, what you are going to want to do is reach out to people in your classes/program/department however it is set up for your school and stay in communication with them. Set up times to meet up to work on assignments and projects as it will make the experience a lot less stressful and isolating. Trust me, we all had to learn that the hard way last year.
Yep, that's what I've done. Made some really close friends just over Instagram lmao. We all met up in early December. Got some food, then went to a nerd shop. I got Beastars #1 there. Best friend got a notebook.

That was Literature. I'm doing combined with Politics. They aren't quite as social in that half.

FoxWithAName

Hey, times are very hard right now, but you are definitely not alone. Friends and Family can really help to cope the current situation, there struggling as well. If you can, meet with someone that is important to you (online) and just talk about stuff and share your struggles, it helps. If you can't just post it here ^^ and wait for the community (there really cool).

I have great respect for people who are starting their collage/ university now. I just finished my education and the last semester in this situation was very hard for me. I cannot imagine, finding myself as a freshman without any contact to other freshman.

Keep it up, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I get what you mean when you say that the internet culture change quite fast, for me, at some points, it even felt like learning a new version of english that i was not even aware it existed to be honest.

I wish you luck when it come to college, even though i finished my education before covid, i know how it is to be isolated and to struggle just to know what you are supposed to study or to actually get the text you're supposed to study.

I hope you will get used to forums again and enjoy your time in here.

Regret

Guten tag! Enjoy your stay!

Danke!

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I get what you mean when you say that the internet culture change quite fast, for me, at some points, it even felt like learning a new version of english that i was not even aware it existed to be honest.

I wish you luck when it come to college, even though i finished my education before covid, i know how it is to be isolated and to struggle just to know what you are supposed to study or to actually get the text you're supposed to study.

I hope you will get used to forums again and enjoy your time in here.

Thanks. Yeah, the internet changes remarkably fast, one time and place you felt familar with and look away for a little while and whole culture shifts. With regards to college right now it is an expirence, I'll tell you that much.