• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

IP ADDRESS BANNED and Email doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyakuBiKitsune

I've been on FA for a year and have always kept my account as login since I have FA set as my homepage on my laptop. But yesterday when I went to look at any new art that has been posted I got this blank screen with the message...
"Your IP address has been banned.

Reason: Excessive amount of requests to the login page.
Contact yak@furaffinity.net for details.
Your IP address is: xx.xx.xx.x

If you feel this is in error, send an email to support@furaffinity.net."

So I gone and open my Gmail to send an email to both addresses but after I sent them I get the message Email address does not exist. Now I would like to know why I'm getting that when I've just been told that those email address are real.

Mid-Nightshade

There's a extra "." at the end of the E-mail when you copy and pasted it.

I know, I did the same damn thing when I got banned because of a misunderstanding and was trying to send them an Email. support@furaffinity.net <-
Luckily, stall were pleasant and quick to help solve it.
Best of luck,

ZX6R

There's a extra "." at the end of the E-mail when you copy and pasted it.

I know, I did the same damn thing when I got banned because of a misunderstanding and was trying to send them an Email. support@furaffinity.net <-
Luckily, stall were pleasant and quick to help solve it.
Best of luck,
No, I just typed it myself and via his mailto: link and they both come back with account non-existent.
ISC8nL4.png

Mid-Nightshade

Huh, Shit. Looks like maybe the Email's are being screwed over by the current attack.
You're best bet is following the two email's you linked then, hopefully one of them will work.
Good luck on getting everything solved.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
I use the same password for fa and my bank account. I think I should change it though

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Unless someone knows your customer ID, I wouldn't worry about it. Although, it does beg the question why you have identical passwords given how shit FA's security is.

Because I forget the password, so I just use one for everything. Or I could just make a password book

quoting_mungo

Hey, you guys, this thread is not about passwords or password security. Could we please keep it on topic?

D

Deleted member 82554

Because I forget the password, so I just use one for everything. Or I could just make a password book
Just make a browser account with Chrome or Mozilla and voila, problem solved. Any good online banking service won't allow your browser (or computer) to store that information so you'll have to memorize or write it down. Always use your best password(s) for high security stuff like that.
Hey, you guys, this thread is not about passwords or password security. Could we please keep it on topic?
He brought it up, needed an answer. I'll leave it at that.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
We don't need to play the blame game, just cut it out. It was a warning, no one was in trouble yet. Leave it be.

Last edited:

Dracorean

I have a problem, It's telling me my email doesn't match but I have emails from FA site and I am certain I am putting in the right one.

SSJ3Mewtwo

I am going through the forums and closing threads of this vein. It's not meant to be discourteous, and more simply to keep them from blotting out other discussion or issues that could be brought forward.

The announcement journal on the main site ( [UPDATED] Passwords Have Been Reset -- Fender's Journal -- Fur Affinity [dot] net ) gives you the direction needed to correct this issue. Please follow its instructions.

If you are unable to email site staff for assistance, you can use an alternate account to create a trouble ticket, under the 'Account Problem' heading.

Staff are working very hard on getting accounts restored, and we're sorry this unintended side effect resulted from the reset. But we had to be sure that account integrity was preserved, and staff have been ready and waiting to begin responding to any account requests that occurred as a result. When you send in your request for service for the account(s) you need access to it will be logged, and it will be placed in a queue for staff to act on. Response time may vary, but it will be addressed as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.