• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

iPod or Zune?

Celirya

Deliciously Soft
I think the consensus is that the iPod is better. It's easier to use, and rather sexy.

The Zune on the other hand, I hear has quite a few software issues.

So if you don't mind iTunes, go iPod. They're great players.

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
If you want better audio quality, more features, comparable capacity and comparable size, go buy yourself a Creative Zen player. The one that directly competes with the iPod is the Zen Vison: M.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Neither, go for a Zen. I love mine and it's got the BEST sound ever. Less hassle of buying accessories too. My Zen uses a usb 9pin cable same cable my cameras use and my phone. That makes it easy when I forget the cable it came with, because I have other ones!

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
I think the advantage would go to the Zen in that category. The PSP's lack of onboard memory truly cripples it there, but if you invest in memory sticks and are savvy with ripping/converting DVDs on your PC, it's a good choice. Great resolution and a nice widescreen. The gaming abilities of the machine are a nice bonus too.

The Zen probably beats out the Zune and the iPod, simply because the Zen boosts more colors than an iPod does (I think it was nearly double). While the Zune may have the biggest screen out of the three, it unfortunately has the same resolution as the much smaller iPod screen, making the image appear less sharp than it could be.

SalemFuchs

Get an iPod, definitely.

Celirya

Deliciously Soft
Holy jesus, my girlfriend got me an iPod Shuffle for V-Day. My head just exploded.

But it's awesome, screen or no screen. It's so tiny and pertiful...

tesfox

iPod. Hands down.

spend the extra couple bucks to get applecare. worth every penny should anything happen.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Neither, because

1. Internal proprietary irreplaceable-in-a-hurry-because-i-really-need-to battery.
2. 30Gb? Mass-storage device with mp3 player capabilities, not an mp3 player any more.
3. Movies? For 2-3 hours on a fully-charged battery? No thanks, i'd rather listen to music for much, much longer then that.
4. No external memory slots, like Secure Digital. They made up for it with humongous memory size though, see #2.

What i'd get, but am still searching.. and failing...

1. AAA or AA battery-powered
2. FM radio.. for randomness factor.
3. SD or MicroSD slot. Will fit my phone, camera, mp3 player, etc... Easy changing of albums.
3. Voice recorder (optional). May come in handy.
4. 1G+ of internal memory.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I love my iPod to be honest, although I'd rather have something that wasn't DRM-laden. Then again, my 20GB iPod has 0 songs on it with DRM, and as a music player, it functions fantastically! I'll upgrade to an 80 or the 100GB when the 100's come out.

If yer a technophile and not afraid to void your warranty, I highly suggest modding your iPod with a third-party battery. I modded my 4th Gen iPod and gained roughly 8 additional hours per charge, which was worth it. =)

WolfSoldier

I would have to say zune seeing as I have owned both and so far my zune has out lived my Ipods. I Have had two Ipods break on me but maybe that is because I am a little to rough with my electronics ;p.

foxkun

WolfSoldier said:
I would have to say zune seeing as I have owned both and so far my zune has out lived my Ipods. I Have had two Ipods break on me but maybe that is because I am a little to rough with my electronics ;p.

O_O

I'll not be sharing my mental images on that one, thanks...

I'm kinda in the same quandry myself. I'm not uber on the electronics, so somthing little and used just for music is fine by me, but I do kinda want one soon...

Rhainor

Rawr.
foxkun said:
...somthing little and used just for music is fine by me, but I do kinda want one soon...

I've got a 1GB iRiver T30 for sale, including owner's manual, driver installation disc, and USB cable; battery (1x AAA-size) not included. Original retail price is about $150 (USD); I'm looking for at least $70, plus S&H. PM me if you're interested.

(That goes for anyone, not just Foxkun).

I won the T30 in a raffle held by my college, last summer. Pretty handy timing, too, since my previous MP3 player had just died.

Since I got the Zune, the T30 has been unused.

Preyfar said:
I love my iPod to be honest, although I'd rather have something that wasn't DRM-laden. Then again, my 20GB iPod has 0 songs on it with DRM, and as a music player, it functions fantastically! I'll upgrade to an 80 or the 100GB when the 100's come out.

If yer a technophile and not afraid to void your warranty, I highly suggest modding your iPod with a third-party battery. I modded my 4th Gen iPod and gained roughly 8 additional hours per charge, which was worth it. =)

Hmm... modding my iPod with a battery... I'll look into it. Thanks, everyone! I'll take your tips into mind!

Wolf E. Urameshi said:
I'm planning to get an mp3 player anytime soon, but now I am caught up with a question: which is better, Zune, or iPod? I dunno >_< Help? Thanks!

Weigh out the specifications of the iPod and Zune and come up with a conclusion.

The iPod and Zune both have a simple, easy-to-use interface. The Zune comes with a radio, something which the iPod lacks, but you can add for an extra price. The Zune has a much larger screen as well. However, the iPod can play many more audio formats, and convert them with the iTunes application as needed. The iPod can support both Windows and Macintosh, whilst the Zune is Windows-only.

Take a look at this site: http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/fortune/zune/index.html

I myself want neither an iPod or a Zune, as I have no need to play music or videos on the go.