• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

IQ test?

alphakitsune

Batsh*t insane
Have any of you guys ever had an IQ test? I myself have never had one and am not allowed to have one. But I'm curious what IQ's do other furs have? Or anything else about IQ tests you want to share?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
'not allowed' ?

I have not had a real IQ test. Online IQ tests can't count, as they seem to give everybody over 120.

I'm guessing furries, on average, have a very similar IQ profile to normal. That's just a guess, because it's the most probable result.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I haven't had a proper IQ test since I was 10, but that came out as 149.

I got accepted into MENSA from this ^.^ ...That reminds me, I need to renew my membership.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Nah, because IQ numbers are literally meaningless.

Actually they're very useful for general studies of psychology, assessing a person's mental health etc

What they're not a good for is a personal ego boost, which is what a lot of people unfortunately use them for.

BouncyOtter

I don't think I've ever taken an IQ test, nor do I have any desire to do so. There are some people that like to throw their number around like it means everything (mainly talking about those people that think they are better than everyone cause they have a 120, 160, etc.). You could be a genius on paper, but if you lack desire, a good work ethic, etc. it means nothing. Whatever my number is, I' where I want to be in my education and I have great friends, and that means a whole lot more to me.

As Fallow mentioned, I'm sure the average IQ of a furry is relatively close as the rest of the population as a whole.

Last edited:

Sylver

Actually they're very useful for general studies of psychology, assessing a person's mental health etc
What they're not a good for is a personal ego boost, which is what a lot of people unfortunately use them for.

According to a YouTube show I watched (Discovery News), IQ tests are biased towards the US and really only give an accurate representation of a Highschool student's intelligence or how well they will perform - I'm talking about the official IQ tests, not the internet ones.

Edit: Quote is messed up -.-

Anyway, my IQ according to pretty much every internet test was something like 50 or whatever. The internet IQ tests are complete rubbish, I'm a University student doing a Bachelor of Biomolecular Science so I highly doubt my IQ is 50...

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I once took an online test that calculated my IQ based on my favorite color, my favorite snack and how many siblings I have.
It was funny because with two siblings I had an IQ of around 30. With one sibling it was about 65 und without any siblings I had a a standard IQ of 100 :3
I don't remember the impact of the snack on the IQ though X3

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
It's because there are different kinds of inteligence. Usually people aren't especially good in more than 3 of them at once.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Last time I took one was my freshman year of high school, so back around 2002-ish, and I don't remember my exact score, but I remember my guidance counselor at the time saying it placed me in the "gifted" category...I'm still a pretty bright fella, but there were a lot of less-than-pleasant things done to my body since then (mostly self-inflicted), so it might be lower now.

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Did one about 10 years ago, when it litterally was all the rage in France. Seriously, IQ tests were everywhere at the time and everyone was comparing their score in the part I lived in. Since then, never took one, nor feel like doing it, as it has a lot of chances of being inaccurate. And besides, how can it affect anyone's life in any normal situation ?

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Omg this stuff again, seriously this shit is useless

Had one in primary school, I don't remember the exact number but is was somewhere over 120, now it's probably lower because of stuff

Again, this doesn't mean anything, this shit is useless

Hooky

Was hermiting.
I know it's not a big deal, but I don't want to take an IQ test purely because I'm scared of the result. Whatever IQ I sit at will be unsatisfactory in my opinion. It's as if I will torture myself if I don't get a letter from MENSA. (Stupid, stupid brain! There are 10 year old counter-parts that can function with greater proficiency than you!)

My IQ tests have almost always been mediocre, because I can't do beyond basic algebra, and most of the tests I've bothered to do (usually as a kid) were upwards of 50% math problems (even if they were meant to be logic problems, they required a higher level of math).

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Oh, man.. this reminds me of something.

In my IT class, there's one guy that has a reputation for being really stupid. So he took an IQ test and got 85- The lowest someone can be and still be in the 'average' category. And now whenever someone says he's dumb, he says 'actually, I'm average!'. It's just brilliant.

L

LizardKing

Oh, man.. this reminds me of something.

In my IT class, there's one guy that has a reputation for being really stupid. So he took an IQ test and got 85- The lowest someone can be and still be in the 'average' category. And now whenever someone says he's dumb, he says 'actually, I'm average!'. It's just brilliant.

"Right, 85."
"Don't call me that."

Aleu

Deuces
IQ tests are only useful for children, really. Once you get older then it doesn't really make any difference.

Fiab

Crazy enough
Aleu said:
IQ tests are only useful for children, really. Once you get older then it doesn't really make any difference.

This for the most part. Unless you're up there (160-170+), you're gonna become pretty similar to everyone else once you hit your 30s(<-insert arbitrary number here). As for any real use for em other the psychological uses (Which turns out people with higher IQs passing some threshold have an increased risk to various mental illnesses), there really aren't any. Was given one when I was about 11 and hit the genius mark and I'm working for min-wage... well guess it has no uses in anything other than an ideal world.

gibby said:
My IQ is 5 million

I didn't get into MENSA

MENSA got into me

Nope, it was just a man named "Sa" :V

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
IQ tests are irrelevant, and are bullshit.
And Mensa is full of "Im better than you"assholes..

Besides, I graduated high school with a 3.75 gpa and graduated from one of the best colleges in this country(UCSD). Good enough for me.

Last edited:

Aleu

Deuces
IQ tests aren't useless nor irrelevant nor will they determine where you'll be in life. All the determine is how well you can understand something. Like I said, the only practical use would be for children, most often in their placement of classes.

So, just because you have a high IQ at 10, that doesn't mean that you're going to be a CEO of whatever prestigious company as soon as you hit the job market. There's also multiple intelligences too so going off of JUST IQ you're going to miss some things.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Which turns out people with higher IQs passing some threshold have an increased risk to various mental illnesses
I can confirm that. On my University among the research asociates % of nuts is ten times higher than in the society all together.