• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Iran War

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Let's just hope that in the event on further tensions in the Straits of Hormuz that US Navy commanders aren't as trigger-happy as during the Iran-Iraq war, when one shot down a civilian Iranian airliner due to recklessness and/or incompetence in target identification...

HeroHoxha

The wolf in red
It'll happen eventually. There is far too much oil in Iran for American Imperialism to ignore. Simple as that. When it does happen, it will most likely occur through a blackops scandal, seeing as I don't think a full-scale on the ground invasion will be too popular with a significant amount of America's population. It'll consume far too many resources and manpower to just pass under the Americans' noses without them showing a good deal of opposition. On the other hand, confrontation with Iran could be a catalyst to jump start the American Spring.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
It's more likely not to happen, given the economy and all.
Are you kidding? Since we're pulling out of afghanistan in the next few years warhawks' warboners will go soft unless there's a new war.

Last edited:

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Are you kidding? Since we're pulling out of afghanistan in the next few years warhawks' warboners will go soft unless there's a new war.

I think Libya has already kept them "satisfied" :V

CannonFodder

Last edited:

CannonFodder

This is getting gay too fast >_>
Have you seen the republican presidential hopefuls views on Iran? Everybody except Ron Paul wants to wargasm all over Iran. Not to mention with how long and hard and rough of a war with Iran would be, they'd be able to wargasm for atleast a decade.

Dreaming

Have you seen the republican presidential hopefuls views on Iran? Everybody except Ron Paul wants to wargasm all over Iran. Not to mention with how long and hard and rough of a war with Iran would be, they'd be able to wargasm for atleast a decade.
They really need to take a look at their budget then.

Then again, that hasn't stopped them in the past.

CannonFodder

They really need to take a look at their budget then.

Then again, that hasn't stopped them in the past.
If I had to take a guess of what might happen if a republican gets the presidency, they'll fuck up off the bat and within the two years to next congressional election they'll get pwned again like how at the end of bush's second term there was a super majority in both the house and senate of democrats.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
Right right...cause a $600 billion budget isn't really sufficient. :V

Well the time frame for it to happen is running out.

Currently, our debt makes up about 60% of our GDP. Our military is somewhere around 4%.

As of right now, the Bush Tax Cuts are scheduled to go on until 2013. Should they be extended once again, our country will be so swallowed with debt, it'd be more likely Iran buys the US than us going to war with them.

Or maybe a Saudi Prince will get to us first.

I for one welcome our new blinged out overlord.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Maybe you've seen these, maybe you haven't. Since this is an Iran war thread and I though they fit, so here we are.

Here's some more interesting developments; large troop movements in neighboring countries, giving large amount of military aid to other countires as well as sending troops to Israel, value. Finally to top it off we have Iran blaming Isreal/America for the death of their top nuclear scientist

Anyone have any new predictions?
Hey if we start a war with Iran I'll be three for three, and win a bet with my friend. He's already forgotten about the bet so I won't have to pay him, if we do then I can remind him and get some money.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Well, duh. They're just pandering to their buttfuck insane base. Have you seen Romney's tactic?

CannonFodder

Well, duh. They're just pandering to their buttfuck insane base. Have you seen Romney's tactic?
Even still the chances of them winning the election is slim; the reason being even romney vs obama would be 43-47, but that's not counting the incumbant advantage.
The way I see it is in all likilihood Obama is going to be re-elected by a slim margin, then 2016 Hillary and she'll get re-elected and by the time whoever runs in 2024 it won't matter because the baby boomers will be starting to die of old age.
So really what I'm getting at is I'm not that worried about a war with Iran cause, even though there is a chance of it happening, it would destroy their bid to get re-elected with what kind of a war would happen.

tl:dr; even though it might happen it'd be longterm political seppuku.

CannonFodder

A war is going to happen and it'll happen soon. I'll just be off on the sidelines rooting for Iran, don't mid me. I wonder if China will keep it's promise and join?
Anybody with a lick of common sense can tell how this is going to go.
A air to ground war will go in the usa's favor, a boots on the ground war with iran will result in war so long that it'll make afghanistan look like nothing in comparison.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Wouldn't go as far as saying that.

As it stands it will be mandatory for the US to send people on the ground, in unison with air cover, because unlike that last countries, Iran has a capable air defense network along with fourth generation fighters. Besides it would be required to have boots on the ground, in order to dismantle Iran's "illegal weapons program".

Honestly, it doesn't matter about the air power they have. We almost never, ever lose aircraft in these recent wars. I'm sure they'll just take out the AA installations, and then knock anything remaining out of the sky with our aircraft.

Delta Fox

Adolf Clitler
How about we punish Israel for having nuclear weapons? Oh no, we wouldn't want to do that, that would be anti-semetic.