• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

is anyone else getting scam texts saying your 'order' has a problem

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
i have gotten a few, and a few of them i am 100% sure i did not order, is this happening to anyone else?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Not me, my recommendation is to either block those numbers or change your own (if it's not too much of a hassle).

ben909

Not me, my recommendation is to either block those numbers or change your own (if it's not too much of a hassle).
i
i just ignore them most of the time as i have never gotten 2 from the same number, i was just wondering is this is widespread or if i may of done something to get me on a scam list

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
i

i just ignore them most of the time as i have never gotten 2 from the same number, i was just wondering is this is widespread or if i may of done something to get me on a scam list

It sounds like it might be something more akin to a scam list. Sorry to hear it too, I HATE that stuff. I used to get spam calls constantly waking me up before work no matter how many numbers I blocked. I wound up having to change my number. v_v;

AniwayasSong

i have gotten a few, and a few of them i am 100% sure i did not order, is this happening to anyone else?
All the time.
Scammers have become so bad, I literally have my home phone permanently turned *OFF* (ringer AND answering machine). My email gets between 5-30 scams a day, and I'm about to change a years-long email addy just to escape it.
It's horseshit, pure and simple. Harassing people or trying to scam them has earned them all a few missing teeth if I had my way.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I wish my phone had a block feature. :[

Sometimes its for a package, or it's banks I'm not even signed up with. No one calls me and the only one that I have to text me are family.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I get texts, emails and voice/phone scams all the time. Doesn't do any good to block them, they use sequential dial robo-calling software and wildcard email addressing and address scraping software. Phone companies aren't about to block a source of revenue, even though they know who is sending out spam voice and text. My uncle worked for AT&T and he said they are alerted when a line is in constant use, i.e. robo-dialing.

My favorites are the MicroSoft Security dOOd, usually middle-eastern accent and you can hear the boiler room in the background. Kept one on the line for over an hour once. The other is the calls from Social Security, same accent, my account has been frozen. They ask for my name and account number, I always respond "Alfred E Newman, 555-55-1212" (non-existant number). They follow with, "Mister Newman, You need to give us your banking information so we can validate your identity." I usually hang up at that point. Obviously they never read Mad Magazine.

Erix

>‿‿◕
Just got one a few minutes ago saying I had something messed up with my order, and I didn't even order anything. I accidentally clicked on the link before comprehending that fact and was lead to something like "Oh mY GoD yOu JuST WoN A FrEE SmARt PhOnE!"

Just deleted the message right away. Don't fall for scams bois =")

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
Glad I don't get them on my phone or I will just shitpost until they put me on a blacklist.

If it's just an email it gets yeeted into the trash where it belong.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Their goal is to make your head spin with news that are more alarming the more you think about it, so you would be more likely to trust the dipshit that you'll then talk to who'll tell you that your bank account is compromised or something.

All scammers seek to lower your guard, that's how reasonably intelligent people fall for it. There are even those these days who'll send phony job offers to people desperate for work. Long explanation cut short, the result is that people who are already not in a good financial shape will be thousands in debts and likely under investigation for fraud.

(I got a few of those and wasted a bit of their time by roleplaying as Anthony Weiner and Jeffrey Epstein)

Scammers are cockroaches :mad:

aomagrat

"You are considered to be subject to arrest if you don't contact Officer Agent at Special Police Force considering misuse of your Social Security card. Press one to contact Special Officer Agent" (spoken in a foreign accent)

ben909

3 in a row now all from different numbers, normal phone numbers also

also different orders, for each one

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
No, but once I got a text saying that my Amazon account was locked. The text had many typos, I think they even mispelled "Amazon" too.

Kinare

RAWR
There was a brief period where I got some funny looking texts, and every once in a great while I'll get another. I have to wonder if someone put in a fake phone number and it happened to be mine when this happens because I don't give out my number anywhere unless for very official things where I have no choice. That, or my insurance, bank, and credit card companies are selling my phone number to scammers.

Email, I messed that up loooong ago when I was still new to internet ways, so I have that account which I use for everything internet so I don't care who has it at this point, then I have another that I use strictly for IRL business that I don't want compromised in any fashion. Even things like Amazon are tossed to the old spammed to hell email.

Long ago I learned the hard way not to click on anything sus, had a couple hard to remove viruses back before I got gud. Recently had to help a friend out in getting rid of some malware because she clicked on a fake notification ad. Adblock solves a lot of those issues, but she's not good with computers, so she didn't know about Adblock. It was one of those that could steal all your info, it even had picture and document access... So she's probably on a list now and we had to change all of her passwords after I removed it. =/

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
As a person who orders delivery from time to time, I suppose it will be shocking at first if I ever get those scam mails... Yup, I never received those, thankfully.

However, what I recieve as obvious scams are like "your kid's horrible grade...", or "your husband's company..." stuff. :d

Ha! I'm invincible, as I'm not married, and I don't have any kids! Haha this doesn't sound right...QwQ I prefer single anyways! Hmph!

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Tons of shitty emails like that.
You Amazon/Paypal/Ebay account has a problem, click this link to fix it! Of course, all I have to do to know it's a scam is to actually log into my web account and find nothing is wrong.

The people who make those scam emails bots deserve prison time, can't imagine how many people fell for that.

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
Oh. My. God. This reminds me of two channels!

^ Jim Browning, who deals with scammers.

ScammerRevolts pretty much just SYSKEY's the scammer's PC's.

Both channels are amazeballs.