• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is anyone playing Hat Simulator 2014 A.K.A Team Fortress 2?

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Team Fortress 2 is a free game made by valve,go check it out now! I got over 1000 HOURS on it.

For the ones who do play,what's your steam ID and your most valuable possesion (so I can steal it of course) or what is your favorite aspect of the game? Mine is trading by far but sadly I got scammed near 90$ in one item and I had to start again,now my backpack is worth 100$ and rising!

PastryOfApathy

I play it on and off. I mostly tradefag nowadays just because pubs suck dick and PUGS are filled obnoxious tryhards.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
I play it on and off. I mostly tradefag nowadays just because pubs suck dick and PUGS are filled obnoxious tryhards.
I mostly trade too,but I do enjoy pubs when I am in a good community server, (really, stop playing valve or other big companied server such as skial or lotus, go find a good server) but I really enjoy playing in competitive such as mix or highlander. You should try it too.

Last edited:

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Yup, you could say that I play it a bit (1533 hours ._.)
I've set up a highlander team in the past during the Summer Fun season, but it was more stressful to set up than made it worth it. So I just like to go on public servers with friends in a Skype call and have a good time!

Alright, it's about time I answered those other questions too.
My most valuable item is this. My indubitably British unusual hat. Click the link and you'll understand why.

As for my Steam ID, it's down below. If you prefer to play in a competitive environment like Mge_Training, go ahead and send me a message!
But you'll normally find me on a Vanilla Valve map messing around with some friends or furries.

Last edited:

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I used to play it.

Then I began to quickly dislike the weapon system, and the low as hell amounts of damage weapons did. It seems rather pay to win to me imo.
And yes, I say this being not very good at the game.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
I used to play it.

Then I began to quickly dislike the weapon system, and the low as hell amounts of damage weapons did. It seems rather pay to win to me imo.
I have spent 0,59 cents in this game (the cheapest I can buy to be premium) and my bapckpack cost over 100$ only for trading.

The weapons system is kind of different, any weapon is better that others, in fact some of best are the vainilla, but I do agree that there is crutch weapons, also tf2 is an easy game to play and hard to master.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I used to play it.

pay to win
hahaha
gawd this is a funny joke yis?
specially since all the weapons can be randomly given to ya and TF2 runs on the ideal "weapons are situational and tied to your playstyle" Yes there are specific powerful set ups but TF2 isnt a pay to win...unless you are talking about those servers that have donators :V

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Used to play before the crate drop and free play days. Mostly played as a medic.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I have 0 interest in playing this game anymore....

I'm not a big fan of games with 0 storyline and no ability to do anything besides collect hats.

DrDingo

I'm not a big fan of games with 0 storyline and no ability to do anything besides collect hats.
I think I speak for many when I say this- A lot of the tf2 community is pretty sick of hats now. And this is from a guy that once invested a load in getting an unusual!
The End of The Line update is coming soon, and the creator started working on it alongside Valve back in November. He stated that he was going to bring supporting content which the community wants. And I'm betting that this'll be big.
I'm hoping for weapons but new maps, a gamemode or anything will be great!

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral

I strongly disagree, TF2 has a storyline you can check the redacted version at the wiki or see the very well made comics on the tf2 page.
Things you can do in TF2? I really can't count them all, try fun loadouts, play in custom maps or modes, fucking Rocket Jump. RJ in TF2 is literally the funnest thing I have done in any game ever.

DrDingo

I strongly disagree, TF2 has a storyline you can check the redacted version at the wiki or see the very well made comics on the tf2 page.
We both know what Punnchy really means.
Although there might be a backstory for those who want to see it, as a raw game it's just a thing where you shoot identical-looking people dressed in different colours or blast robots to pieces!

When trundling around on 2fort, you don't get that sense in-game that you're completing mission objectives for Redmund/Blutarch Mann's land struggle! Plus, unlike any story with a campaign mode, there is no end. No tasks to complete in order to advance through the game at all!

Last edited:

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot

What kind of multiplayer only FPS has a story line...
Note I said Multiplayer only thus CoD doesnt count.

I mostly just play Vs Saxton hale and minigames type servers (death run, prophunt, fort war, zombie)

Note, instead of a story-line TF2 relies on a Universe to push it along.

DrDingo

For those who are interested, I just found a video. It's made by James McVinnie, the creator of the End of The Line Update.
In this video, he says that the Mann Co. Strongbox was something implemented by Valve which he does not know anything about. He also confirmed that the update will bring non-cosmetic items, which are in the beta-testing phase now. That's right, it's been over a year but it looks like we're finally getting some new weapons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfSQDfMj6w

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
He also confirmed that the update will bring non-cosmetic items, which are in the beta-testing phase now. That's right, it's been over a year but it looks like we're finally getting some new weapons!
Oh boy new maps!!1!1!!

RedDagger

I used to play it.

The stock weapons are generally considered to be the best. Any other weapons of the same type will have bonuses but are balanced with negatives, meaning there isn't really any 'best' weapon for a class. Okay, some medic melee weapons have no downsides but that's the only time that happens - and his stock bonesaw is pretty useless considering how little health he has

Anyhoo, this is the game I've spent the most hours playing, but my computer's been slowly dying and I get 8fps max with chris's config (down from 25fps despite changing no hardware. Computers are magic I tell you, magic!), so I don't play currently. Shame, it was still fun :c

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Anyhoo, this is the game I've spent the most hours playing, but my computer's been slowly dying and I get 8fps max with chris's config (down from 25fps despite changing no hardware. Computers are magic I tell you, magic!), so I don't play currently. Shame, it was still fun :c
Same happens to me, I barely get near 10 in fights, that's the sole reason I am selling this turd of a notebook and building a proper gaming pc.

DrDingo

A nice little update has just come our way, buffing various weapons, adding new killstreak kits for weapons, and adding Strongbox keys. They just contain cosmetics but it was to be expected, really. End of The Line is still to come, after all!
Anyway, for those who are interested, these are the update changes-
http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Damn, the reserve shooter got buffed a lot, thank god it's my favorite secondary,killstreak weps meh, some of the new cosmetics looks nice, too bad I am in vacations I have at least one week to come back.

DrDingo

Damn, the reserve shooter got buffed a lot, thank god it's my favorite secondary,killstreak weps meh, some of the new cosmetics looks nice, too bad I am in vacations I have at least one week to come back.
Ah, well you ain't gonna be missing too much until the big End of a The Line update appears.
And of course, if you ever fancied a game of tf2 when you get back, feel free to stalk me on Steam. Haha.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Ah, well you ain't gonna be missing too much until the big End of a The Line update appears.
And of course, if you ever fancied a game of tf2 when you get back, feel free to stalk me on Steam. Haha.

Yes, sure, but I'll have at least over 200 ping, the UK is quite far away from South America.
About the EOTL update, I am really hoping that there is an ARG to solve to get the update, but we get video of course, there could be tons of hints on it.

DrDingo

Yes, sure, but I'll have at least over 200 ping, the UK is quite far away from South America.
About the EOTL update, I am really hoping that there is an ARG to solve to get the update, but we get video of course, there could be tons of hints on it.
It's alright. My internet's pretty good over here, so I can join whichever server you go on. I've played on an Australian server a couple times with the game still playable.
I just googled the meaning of ARG without much success, mind me asking what it stands for?
Also, in that James McVinnie video he said that the video was 'non-canon' and is not part of the official story of tf2. It's set during the Gravel War, which is now in the past. But we'll see what happens, there's gotta be something story-related arriving along with the upcoming update.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Well, ARG are real time all the world kind of game, it's kind of hard to explain so I'll leave Extra Credits for the explanation http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU4AYPdIOw ARG are fucking mind blowing.

Too bad EOTL isn't cannon, by the trailer it seems like one of the best TF2 content ever made, Valve or non Valve.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I nicknamed it "RuneScape 2".

See, RuneScape is a game about collecting party hats, known for its "The one with the most hats wins" rule. Similarly, Team Fortress 2 is a game about collecting hats, known for its "The one with the most hats wins" rule.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
I nicknamed it "RuneScape 2".

See, RuneScape is a game about collecting party hats, known for its "The one with the most hats wins" rule. Similarly, Team Fortress 2 is a game about collecting hats, known for its "The one with the most hats wins" rule.

Here the party hat cost nothing! We have top hats on top of other top hats, take that runescape.