• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is Anyone's Fursona Not Muscular?

I personally love movie theater popcorn. It's disgusting and covered in radioactive goo (They call it butter?) but for some reason it's really addicting. I swear, they put something in that stuff. It's not possible for food to be that addicting.

Though yeah, I usually draw my fursona as just a pekingese with human like forepaws who stands on her hind legs, so it would be pretty much impossible to draw her as busty, muscular, or curvaceous even in I wanted to, because she's really jus ta dog walking on her hind legs. xD

Giorgio Gabriel

You Will Be Godlike.
Marodi's avatar rouses the ire of all that view it, turning threads into stewing cauldrons close to boiling over

Shouden

When in doubt: C4
You know, Stain. wolves aren't the only things that always get depicted as muscular. Dragons, cats, dinos and lizards have the same issues as well.

Xan_vega

Neither of my main fursonas are muscular, well one is but not like Muscles McBulgy.

My dragon, http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1223783/ is the most muscular and that was because it fitted with the roleplay and novel's back story. She is a former slave, trained to fight and due to said training, she has compact muscles. In the rp where I first used her, she was the heaviest character and shortest. All the other players with dragonkin characters had theirs at over 6 foot tall and no more than 130 pounds, very lithe. Mine was 5 foot 4, and a whopping 190 pounds. We rationalized that her compact muscle mass made up for the weight and she isn't perfect, she has some body fat, short, stocky... and those are just some of the physical flaws. Her body is based off of mine if I were to lose most of my body fat. I am very strong and my muscles are hidden beneath fat that makes me look stockier.

My hippo is not muscular at all, http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1223911/ she is fat and short. I made her to represent me for how I really am. I am 300 pounds so yes, I am fat (I would show a photo but I would hate to break people's computer screens... though some do find me hot). She is the only fat character I ever drew because I haven't yet mastered not drawing thin.

Last edited:

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Okay, I understand, Shomti. I also understand that the stereotype for furry and and stories is a mildly or realistically toned is very popular. Here's what I read in almost every furry short story on the face of this earth.
Might be a little disturbing, so pass the quote box if your easily offended.

DUDE THIS GUY GREEN MCFURRYPAWS WAS THE COOLEST WOLF EVER! HE WAS LIKE 10 FEET TALL AND WAS REALLY STRONG. HE WAS A SAVIOR OF ALL OF THE PLANETS AND HE CATCHES THE BAD GUYS ALL DAY. HE IS LIKE SOOO BUFF AND AWESOME AND FURRY AND CUTE, TOO. [SORRY I DON'T HAVE A PIC THO CUZ HE'S TOO AWESOME. IF I EVER GET A GOOD ARTISTS AND BEG UNTIL I GET A FREE ARTS I'LL PUT IT IN THIS .PDF.] HE HAS A GOOD HUGE 2 FOOT LONG [YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS, BUT I WANTS IT TO BE A GENERAL SECKSHUN FOR NOW] AND CAN FLY AND IS CHIBI AND CAN TURN INTO RUBBER AND INFLATE AND HE IS AWESOME AND IS FUNNY AND THE BEST EVER AND CAN SHRINK AND DO ALL THE FETISHES.

That is all I see. I'm aiming for people who break the stereotypes of this. Since I am bound to SFW only, I can't talk about my fursona's crotch at all, so I won't mention anything about it, but I can tell you how badly I want to read or see something that doesn't make me say, "I saw that a while ago, maybe it was a different color, but still... how unoriginal."

Well, since my characters are all non-human (and most are alien), I determined their physiques based on what is normal for their species, and also on the character's activities and job requirements. I don't have any fat characters, I don't have any skin and bones characters, and I don't have any body-builders, either. However, most of my characters are, by species, activity, inclination and profession, very athletically toned, which could be normal or a bit above normal for their respective species. I prefer not going to extremes, one way or the other. Roose, my personal avatar, has an athletic build based on his species being very inclined to physical activity, and also on the fact his mother is their CityHome's chief nutritionist and fitness guru. So, Roose grew up well fed and well trained physically... (He's a very good dancer, by the way, thanks to his mother's training, though that is not his chosen profession.)

Gad, that quote is horrendous!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since my characters are all non-human (and most are alien), I determined their physiques based on what is normal for their species, and also on the character's activities and job requirements. I don't have any fat characters, I don't have any skin and bones characters, and I don't have any body-builders, either. However, most of my characters are, by species, activity, inclination and profession, very athletically toned, which could be normal or a bit above normal for their respective species. I prefer not going to extremes, one way or the other. Roose, my personal avatar, has an athletic build based on his species being very inclined to physical activity, and also on the fact his mother is their CityHome's chief nutritionist and fitness guru. So, Roose grew up well fed and well trained physically... (He's a very good dancer, by the way, thanks to his mother's training, though that is not his chosen profession.)

Gad, that quote is horrendous!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, if you made entire races, and that tone is considered normal, it's fine. Originality, it's better than being stereotypical. I have never seen a buff alien fursona.

And welcome to the wonderful world of AMATEUR ARTISTS!

Kangamutt

Very much like everyone else, I model my fursona after myself. If I had to describe the build, I'd say he's on the downward slope. Being a college sophomore, he quit academic sports (swimming & water polo) after highschool. He still maintains his build (or some) with recreational sports (mostly the bicycle & surfing). So like me he pretty much has lost all his build except for the legs and shoulders. Of course, the well-built legs will always be there-he's a 'roo for chrissake!

Nar

Sensation of all these things
You know, the funniest part of being in this fandom is the cons. When I can be assed to go (usually because I have other friends going, therefore it gives me an excuse to wander the halls drunk), the best part is comparing people's con badges to their real bodies.

For example, the funniest thing I have ever seen at a convention was when I was at RCFM and the fursuit parade happened. Yeah it was fun and all seeing all the cool suits, but near the end of the line was this fat ugly chick probably about 300 pounds who was wearing what looked like a hideous rubber Godzilla mask, rubber tail and not much more than a T-shirt and size 60 jeans. I resisted the urge to point and laugh because everything was being filmed and I'd rather not spend the rest of the con dodging sharp thrown objects.

Anyways, one of my friends walked up to her and inquired about her "interesting" suit. I noticed her badge which depicted a sexy little female dragon thing that couldn't be further from the truth. She made a comment that almost set me off laughing: "my other fursona is a orca."

"Oh really?" I thought. "I could have guessed that easily. Are you sure it's an orca and not simply a whale?"

Anyways, off to my fursona: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1247179/

In fact, I put almost no effort into him whatsoever. He's a complete clone of me IRL features-wise. Brown eyes like mine, figure exactly like mine. Hell, what's funny is that the artist I commissioned this from got the proportion of my arms pretty much perfect. Not too much muscle, and not too skinny either. I'm strong for my size, but I'm not ripped or anything. I'm only 120 lbs, but I can easily lift about 80 lbs without any trouble before i have to ask for help. I remember when I created him just so I could enter Yiffstar's chat back in 2002 or so. I had just become part of the fandom, so I needed some kind of fursona. I decided randomly on a wolf and made his fur white because I like the color white.

Last edited:

Xan_vega

"Oh really?" I thought. "I could have guessed that easily. Are you sure it's an orca and not simply a whale?"

People like you sir are why people like me tend to not leave the house. Just saying.
Xan (a 300 pound fatass)

Nar

Sensation of all these things
People like you sir are why people like me tend to not leave the house. Just saying.
Xan (a 300 pound fatass)

People like me don't keep people like you in the house until you're 300 pounds. Laziness and complete social ineptitude keep people like you from becoming people like me.

Toxxy

Euphemisms!
I suppose I'm a little guilty of having a somewhat muscular fursona. But I am a runner and have a thin build so it shows on my fursona design.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Well, if you made entire races, and that tone is considered normal, it's fine. Originality, it's better than being stereotypical. I have never seen a buff alien fursona.

And welcome to the wonderful world of AMATEUR ARTISTS!

Amateur Writer... still an artist, just not the drawing kind, unfortunately. Still, thanks for the Welcome! I've always liked to beat my own drum. And I've never seen much in the way of alien personas/fursonas, either, buff or otherwise. Building something totally custom is also very fun... it's like being Dr. Frankenstein, without having to dig up the dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entropy

Wrench-fu!
Mine is almsost exactly the same build as me. 6'2", pretty decent upper body strength and slightly muscular. Definitely not ripped, and doesn't have a six-pack or anything. He does kinda have love handles though... not because he's fat but because he's generally quite a big guy. :p

He's not terribly athletic but he can run pretty fast over short distances (like me).

Basically he's me. Which isn't perfect, but I would venture to say it's better than most people.

KypDurron23

Teh Emo Thundah!
Heheh. This has been an interesting read.

Brizgee looks nothing like me. I am not blue nor do I have green eyes.
(I've got brown hair and brown eyes, thank'ye ver much.)

As for his build, find a pic of Link from TP, that's his build.
Except for his wings, they've got some pretty good muscle on them.
(Kinda gotta be, b/c they carry around 200+ lbs. of dense bone and scale.)
But you barely see his body because he wears a coat and baggy pants all day.

I, on the other hand, have very little muscle to speak of.

Take that, cliche's!:cool:

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
im not realy muscular the mussles i got are from work never worked out in my life and i made my fursona the same strong enuff to get the job done

Zentio

Fluffy Bunbutts
Mine isn't.
He's a fat furry =P

But with the ref sheet I got http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1150515/ and the art I get, he's more of an average furry, I only get fat stuff when I pay for it, so I know it'll be good.
That ref sheet makes him look muscular though XD

Witchlet

Not the one you burn.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1530933/

My fursona is my body type, not muscular unless you count the lower leg area, since my calves are pretty muscley, but the rest of my is chubby and huggably soft. 8D

Cooon

My Username is False
Mine is not muscular. he is actually very skinny. unfortunatly, i do not have any art posted on the web because my scanner still does not work.