• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is Fortnite Good Or bad?

Whimsycal

The whimsical clown
Well I honestly find it good, is fun and is a bit entertaining, but thats just my opinion :D

AoraTheWolf

is probably gonna set some place on fire
Beacuase lets be honest Fortnite stole from PUBG but it improved it. And made it way cartoonier and made more subjected to normies though with lot of things I classify as cringey like flossing. While I do laugh at it in the fandom it's because because its ironic or they're embracing that there cringey. But its fun after like 2 rounds but then I find it boring and reptitive and nothing special ever happens.

Whimsycal

The whimsical clown
Well the thing is, all Battle Royale games are essentially the same in their core game, the mechanics change, and the colors and weapons too, but in the end, all are Battle Royale. And is the fun in the style that brings people together to play them or the skill level they demand.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Battle Royale is not a new concept. It's been around for decades.

On-topic: Fortnite IMO looks boring as hell.

It looks like a mix of CS:GO, Minecraft, PUBG and world builder games. Turned cartoonish. With loot.

AoraTheWolf

is probably gonna set some place on fire
Battle Royale is not a new concept. It's been around for decades.

On-topic: Fortnite IMO looks boring as hell.

It looks like a mix of CS:GO, Minecraft, PUBG and world builder games. Turned cartoonish. With loot.
zYee

Whimsycal

The whimsical clown
In the end is a matter of taste, while I might like it, others not, and so on. As a game is good, but I agree is not for everyone.

DeeTheDragon

a bird-dragon paradox
Having never played PUBG/Fortnite how did fortnite steal from pubg?
It's a bit of a long story, but I'll try to summarize it.

The developers of Fortnite never originally intended to create the "Fortnite: Battle Royale" that has been highly popular. It was originally designed as a co-op zombie defense/fort building game.

Then comes along PUBG; a bug ridden mess that was originally designed as an ARMA mod. Nevertheless, it got popular with a bunch of twitch streamers and the support for the game skyrocketed the "Battle Royale" game style into the mainstream.

Now, a bunch of developers are slapping "Battle Royale" into their games. Some for the popularity, and some as a joke.

Having played through both games for a decent while, I would classify Fortnite as "Fine". Everything runs well and the developers are doing a great job, but it doesn't have anything that would make me want to keep playing it.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Its a good game! The active updates also help keep things fresh. Its interesting seeing what new weapons and map changes Epic will put in each update.
Also there's just something fun about trying and slowly getting closer and closer to being first place. While the game isn't all skill and has some luck involved, it still makes you feel like a champion once you've successfully survived and conquered other players to make it to first place.

ResolutionBlaze

Angry Local
Banned
We talking Battle Royale or that other gamemode that nobody plays that the game was originally marketed and invested in for?

Let's be honest; Battle Royale is just a glorifies Last Man Standing. It's literally a single gamemode.

The selling factor for Fortnite is that it's free.

Gronix

Catless Cat Lady
I don't know, and I don't think I truly care even, I just have a very strong instinctual distaste for things of mass popularity, especially ones with the main audience of young teens, or even younger, makes me shudder.

It might be something that can be gotten into, it might be decent, but I'm just way too biased against huge trends that will surely pass with time, because let's be honest, all trends die eventually.
It's a bias I can't get rid of, I was always disgusted of teenage trends for some reason when I was one too.

The battle royale concept passes, perfectly fine, the cartoony kid-friendliness while doesn't appeal to me can be perfectly overshadowed by great gameplay (see Battlerite), as a game Fortnite functions, anyone can try to see it for themselves, as it's very easily accessible.
Don't let people's opinions on your game be it good-, or a bad influence whether you play it or not.
Try it, see it for yourself, if you like it, then play it, if you don't, then don't, what others think doesn't matter to your own experience.

TL;DR
It's an okay game, play it if it appeals to you, otherwise ignore.
Other people's opinion doesn't matter.

AustinB

Professional loser
I found it fun at first but when it got popular, everything just went downhill. Hearing everyone talk about how Fortnite is the best game ever and how much they love playing it a million times over gets annoying. The game itself also gets extremely repetitive after a few days of gameplay. I honestly don’t see why it became the next big thing. It’s a “meh” game for me right now. Nothing truly amazing but nothing truly terrible. It’s popularity is continuing to rise and I don’t think it’s going to stop for awhile. But whatever. If people want to play an overrated battle royal game due to mob mentality, let them.

The art style is cool tho.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Regarding it's repetitiveness, I think Fortnite would benefit hugely from having a second map for its battle royale mode. Seeing the same scenery all the time gets old. It might also be cool if they added weather effects like rain and fog.