• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is furry a thing you are secretive about?

How secretive are you about being a furry?

• Everyone Knows

Votes: 78 5.7%
  • Most people know

Votes: 168 12.3%
  • Only family and friends

Votes: 176 12.9%
  • You tell very few

Votes: 571 41.8%
  • Only other furries know

Votes: 584 42.7%

• Total voters

gdzeek

Not to be takin Seriously
I'm not secretive, but not overly proud I suppose. I dont want people getting the wrong ideas or labeling me with the negative stereotypes.

or for example I dont announce to my parents I'm a furry, because even though my parents are awesome and wouldnt care, a couple months later My mom would say things like: Zeek still doesnt have a girlfriend, its probably because hes in that stupid fandom" I figure the fandom doesnt need that.

Good judgement in different situations suppose

Debacle

Time is Catching Up
Hardly anyone around here knows what a furry is anyway. If it came up in a conversation I'd talk about it freely, but it likely never will. And I think i'll save myself from explaining what it is to people that likely don't care.

Karimah

Reject if Seal is Broken
Furry is a word that frequents my high school and it is very often used as a barbed and derogatory phrase. However, everyone knows me for doodling anthros and they instantly shoot out the furry insults.

Due to my abrasive nature, I snap and very clearly tell them that I'm not into having sex with animals and I properly break down the kind of furry I am.

Everyone who insults me knows that I am a furry, and I am unashamed.

mrhippieguy

"Tell my wife I said 'Hello'"
Odd fetishes happen to come up in idle conversation a lot in my circle of friends, but they generally get creeped out at sado-masochism and the subject is changed.

on topic: If someone walked up to me and asked me directly if I was a furry(and I felt that they were being serious), I wouldn't deny it, but I'd ask them why first. I don't randomly go 'ohai i'm a furry', but I have made little jokes("seems they're trying to attract the furries...it's not working.").

Werecatdawn

Better then ever!! ...Right?
Guys, guys... Think about this, before revealing to people.

This is what you might be saying, "I'm a furry."

This is what you really mean, "I love to watch animals stuff their fucking dicks into each other."

Wondered why people made fun of you for being a furry? That's the reason, right there, dumbshits.

Strong words man...

~Mrow

S

Syradact

It's only as accepted as you allow it to be. The definition of what furry is has too many definitions to be pinned down to a single thing, and therefore, it cannot simply "be accepted" since there's no scientific definition of what a furry is. It's a hobby-- don't be so ashamed of it.

Oh I accept it just fine, I was talking about the public's ideas about furry if/when they run into the fandom. Maybe my time on 4chan among trolls has skewed my own perception of others' willingness to accept furries. Maybe it's the media reports everyone here would roll their eyes at. Then again you are right in a sense, I do have some shame, but only regarding time spent in the otherkin community--one day I woke up and asked myself, "WTF am I doing?"--now I'm reformed, lol. And I have confidence issues in general. Internet psychiatry ftw.

God damn I have a massive headache. :x

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Furry is a word that frequents my high school and it is very often used as a barbed and derogatory phrase. However, everyone knows me for doodling anthros and they instantly shoot out the furry insults.

Due to my abrasive nature, I snap and very clearly tell them that I'm not into having sex with animals and I properly break down the kind of furry I am.

Everyone who insults me knows that I am a furry, and I am unashamed.

Damn, you talk as if it's something to be proud of. Like it's some kind of sexuality or something.

black tiger

This is what you really mean, "I love to watch animals stuff their fucking dicks into each other."

Wondered why people made fun of you for being a furry? That's the reason, right there, dumbshits.

fuck you

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
To me, the Fandom's just a field of interest, so it isn't usually something you tell others unless they ask you.

Slyck

I try to hide it because of the public perception of the fandom.

I also try to hide it because of the reality of the fandom.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
Few know until they see my room, then they see how much of a furry I am.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist

I think that's what you were really saying

Werecatdawn

Better then ever!! ...Right?
Its simple for me. I always tell people "Dont ask questions you dont want the answer to."

This is one of those questions. If they ask, I tell them, if they dont, I dont.

Just so happens the only one who asked was also a furry...