• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is furry a thing you are secretive about?

How secretive are you about being a furry?

• Everyone Knows

Votes: 78 5.7%
  • Most people know

Votes: 168 12.3%
  • Only family and friends

Votes: 176 12.9%
  • You tell very few

Votes: 571 41.8%
  • Only other furries know

Votes: 584 42.7%

• Total voters

kelek

if someone asks about my spare time i tell them, if they have a problem with it it's THIER problem

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I'm proud to be a furry. But like being gay, it can give some people a bad first impression.

If I know them as a friend long enough, I'm sure I'll end up mentioning it.

Why are you proud to be a furry? Furry is not the same as being fucking gay so don't ever use that as a comparison! There is nothing to be proud of about being a furry. Do you see anime fans going around saying they are proud of what they like? or train enthusiasts? car enthusiasts? Stamp collectors? Dolls house builders? Need I continue?

It is people like you who give furry a bad first impression. :/

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
Why are you proud to be a furry? Furry is not the same as being fucking gay so don't ever use that as a comparison! There is nothing to be proud of about being a furry. Do you see anime fans going around saying they are proud of what they like? or train enthusiasts? car enthusiasts? Stamp collectors? Dolls house builders? Need I continue?

It is people like you who give furry a bad first impression. :/

Meh, your opinion. I'm destined to lose this argument so I concede to you.

If anything I acknowledge that I'm a furry and I'd defend someone who was getting fursecuted.

Randy-Darkshade

Meh, your opinion. I'm destined to lose this argument so I concede to you.

If anything I acknowledge that I'm a furry and I'd defend someone who was getting fursecuted.

Usually (but not always) those being fursecuted do something to bring it onto themselves. I mean seriously, if you are going to take furry beyond being just a hobby then people ask for what they get imo.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

Disregarding my absolute hatred of that word (I'm managing to quell the twitches enough to type this), define "fursecution". What line does one have to cross to be "fursecuting"?

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
Disregarding my absolute hatred of that word (I'm managing to quell the twitches enough to type this), define "fursecution". What line does one have to cross to be "fursecuting"?

Well I've yet to defend anyone in real life, but on various other non-furry forums, I don't mind standing up for a fellow furry.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I just looked up the definition of persecution

Persecution said:
1.to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, esp. because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.

2.to annoy or trouble persistently.

Basically, harassing based on being furry when talking about fursecution
Although, furries I guess label anything negative against them as such :/

Evandeskunk

Mush on a misson
No one knows for good reason. God damnit furrys. If people I know find out, they have to find it out on their own.

KlausDobermanFan34

KlausD&BaltoFan34
I tell people who are into the same intrests as me, like if someone loves wolves, as well as me, I would tell them I am a furry. I posted a vid to my Facebook about a grumpy fox, and indircetly tated taht, you know, it makes me horny. THen, they figured it out, and i got soem negative comments. That is why I try not to tell people.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I tell people who are into the same intrests as me, like if someone loves wolves, as well as me, I would tell them I am a furry. I posted a vid to my Facebook about a grumpy fox, and indircetly tated taht, you know, it makes me horny. THen, they figured it out, and i got soem negative comments. That is why I try not to tell people.
Another IL fur :eek:

I used to use one of my furry avatars as a profile pic on Facebook..but my friends really didn't catch onto it I don't think

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability

You informed random people about what makes you horny and you got negative comments for it? What has this world come to!?

..seriously!? What did you think would happen? It has nothing to do with being furry, and everything to do with TMI.

ChickO'Dee

Do you see anime fans going around saying they are proud of what they like? or train enthusiasts? car enthusiasts? Stamp collectors? Dolls house builders? Need I continue?
yes. a lot of people are proud to be otakus, or train enthusiests, ect and even say it. some people like anime and otaku over it, and some are otakus. as well as some people like furry, and others are furry. big diff.

Randy-Darkshade

yes. a lot of people are proud to be otakus, or train enthusiests, ect and even say it. some people like anime and otaku over it, and some are otakus. as well as some people like furry, and others are furry. big diff.

*zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom* Point flew over your head.

Pine

smell-good badger
only 2 of my friends know. 1 of them was a furry for years and I didn't find out until I found him on the forums. the other one found out because we traded deep dark secrets. since nobody in my town really knows what furry fandom is, they just might point at you and call you an animal fucker.

Last edited:

Beta Link

Not a Bird
i keep furry a secret cuz i dont want ppl 2 kno about my hyper macro herm growth fetish. :v

In all seriousness, the furry fandom isn't something I keep a secret, nor do I tell everyone at every possible moment. If someone asks, I try to explain it to the best of my ability.

maria-mar

I agree with Fenrari. I do not see furry as a hobby, but more of a lifestyle. I mean, it is a subculture after all. There is more to it besides sex, at least i hope.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
I agree with Fenrari. I do not see furry as a hobby, but more of a lifestyle. I mean, it is a subculture after all. There is more to it besides sex, at least i hope.

Even if you don't purr and growl and curl up like I do. I consider myself a lifestyler.

I think only the word "Jew" is a more complex definition for a person than "furry".

maria-mar

I don't purr, but can yelp ^_^

Just meant there is more to explore besides that... i'm talking about artists, animation, even social environment, history.