• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is furry a thing you are secretive about?

How secretive are you about being a furry?

• Everyone Knows

Votes: 78 5.7%
  • Most people know

Votes: 168 12.3%
  • Only family and friends

Votes: 176 12.9%
  • You tell very few

Votes: 570 41.7%
  • Only other furries know

Votes: 584 42.8%

• Total voters

Samael234

I only realy admitted it to myself like over the past few days, I suppose I wouldnt hide it, but again, not something I'm going to be telling my neighbors and the man I buy my ciggaretts off. I'm shure my friends will find out eventually, and the'll tease me about it in a friendly way, and then it'll just be a thing that just is!

Jude

U1 S7 P106
Only like three of my friends know. I don't see it as a big deal, but others might. So I try to keep it under the radar unless someone asks me. Hey, if they ask, they might be a fur too :p

gdrhrhtfjyjkg

I just tell my friends it's a little fad in the internet about drawing yourself as an anthro. There are no furries in Argentina that i know of anyways, so i can't be compared with them.

My brother is the only one who knows about it.

I don't want to "come out" or "admit" that I'm a furry. If someone catches me looking at furry art in the corner of their eye, pfft who cares? Being a furry isn't like being gay, it's just an art/ social preference.

Edit: Also, as more and more people notice more and more that I'm a furry, I start enjoying the fandom more and more.

Last edited:
I only realy admitted it to myself like over the past few days, I suppose I wouldnt hide it, but again, not something I'm going to be telling my neighbors and the man I buy my ciggaretts off. I'm shure my friends will find out eventually, and the'll tease me about it in a friendly way, and then it'll just be a thing that just is!

As long as they don't go on the internet too much, I'm sure they'll completely accept and respect you as a furry.

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
lol I don't even like other furries to know that I'm a furry, let alone anyone else hah.

I think a total of 3 people know, 1 is a furry and the other 2 have done so many drugs since talked about it that they probably don't even remember.

insan3guy

so yea...i've only told 1 person, ever. my family doesnt know, because they're a bunch of judgemental 5-year-olds. the one person i did tell, said "what's a furry?" so i then had to explain it to her... but i only really told her for kicks. now im talking too much......WHO WANTS COOKIES!!!!!!

Laser Jesus

All my friends know.
Not a single one of them care.

LonelyKitsune

Ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-Combo breaker
i always am wearing my tail so when people ask me about it... i say im a furry... if they want to know what that is i tell them, if not then fuck it... im not out for attention, i just want to be me in public and not be judged for it... but i guess thats being naive. i am what i am, and who i am is me

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
I have no idea how this thread lasted this long.

Wolf70

*Insert Something Witty*
Well, it can make things quite awkward since most people really don't understand the fandom. But I'm not in the habit of telling people random information about myself unless they ask or it comes up in conversation. If someone was to ask, I would tell. As far acting furry in public, I don't see the point of it if your by yourself. If you enjoy doing that, more power to you, but I find that alone it overcomplicated other interactions.

Wolf70

*Insert Something Witty*
A little side note to that rate. I thinking about ordering this one shirt that says: "FurFag" on it. That I will definitely wear in public.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
i always am wearing my tail so when people ask me about it... i say im a furry... if they want to know what that is i tell them, if not then fuck it... im not out for attention, i just want to be me in public and not be judged for it... but i guess thats being naive. i am what i am, and who i am is me
You can be yourself without wearing a tail in public and looking like a jackass, you sillybilly.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I wear my fursuit in public everywhere...
to the bathroom, to walmart, to the mall, to first friday, to the artist commune, to school....

MUAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Yur Fur

Artistical Artist of Art
One of my friends figured it out. When I asked his opinion on some furry art I was workin on. I guess it wasn't much of a mystery. He pretty much flipped out, but he's OK with it now. We joke about it a lot. But pretty much everyone that asked me, and recently a lot of people, seemed to have this ED-esque hatred of furries, so I deny it. People can be harsh.

Just today I had to wrestle my sketchbook out of a friend's hands before he saw my sketches.

ghilliefox

SUPER DUPER PARATROOPER!
I havent told anyone about it yet, but i asked my friends and guaged thier reactions by bringing it up as someone outside of the fandom. Example: "Have you heard about these furry people?".

Code Red

STRIP THE FLESH SALT THE WOUND
I tell my friends. They don't care.

Christiaan

I wouldn't say I'm secretive, but I feel kind of shy about it. Only people who are very close to me, irl, end up learning this aspect of me. The last person who learned about it has since become rather addicted to Stephen von Krieger, whom I acknowledge as an excellent hand at light-hearted perv erotica.

Last edited:

MaxTheWolf

Life on Mars?
i hate to perpetuate stereotypes, but i am very yiffy right now. and all the time. =C its actually kinda frustrating sometimes cause ill be like taking a test, and all the sudden, my furADD kicks on and im like =D. consequently everyone asks why im so horny. usually i stop the conversation with a sentence including the world pelvic thrusts and/or throw my leg up on their desk captain morgan style with my crotch dangerously close to their face. but anyways, if the person is curious enough, they usually hear the word furry in there somewhere......

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
I havent told anyone about it yet, but i asked my friends and guaged thier reactions by bringing it up as someone outside of the fandom. Example: "Have you heard about these furry people?".

That sounds almost like you're treating your hobby like... oh, I don't... what are those words I'm looking for? Auh....sexual orientation! >:\

Kyri

Well, idk really..I mean, I guess if one of my good friends asked me if I was a furry I would say yes, but I dont go around saying "HEY LOOK AT ME GUYS IM A FURRY!", and they have to be a close friend for me to tell them..but not just some acquantince, mainly because of all the negative sterotypes furries are often associated with.

FancySkunk

Quite.
I actually told someone the other day. It went something like this:

Me: Hey Rob, uh... are you a furry?
Rob: What?
Me: Are you a furry?
Rob: No. Why do you ask?
Me: Well, you say yiff a lot. **He does. Like all the time. He even calls the one restaurant in town "Yiffany's" instead of "Tiffany's."**
Rob: That's a stupid reason.
Me: Not really.
Rob: Whatever. I'm not a furry.
Me: I am.

I didn't make a big deal out of it, but I do have to say it does feel nice telling someone in something besides a suicide pact kind of scenario. >_>