• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is furry a thing you are secretive about?

How secretive are you about being a furry?

• Everyone Knows

Votes: 78 5.7%
  • Most people know

Votes: 168 12.3%
  • Only family and friends

Votes: 176 12.9%
  • You tell very few

Votes: 570 41.7%
  • Only other furries know

Votes: 584 42.8%

• Total voters

KigRatel

Colaholic
I like to be discreet, as I think all Furries, along with members of every fandom and other such social group, should be. If people ask, i'll tell. But people don't really need to know, so I won't go about telling everyone for no reason, because that's annoying.

burakki

Very few of my friends actually know (2). The worst part of that is felt awkward and embarrassed because it had been on my mind for so long, so i just forced it out to them. I couldn't even do it in person either, hiding behind phone/letters/etc, and hasn't really helped. At this point i'm not going to go around telling the world that i'm a furry, but if it ever comes up and someone asks, i'll say something

MattisVeneficus

Gentleman
You make it sound like we have some kind of sixth sense. Which would be kind of awesome but, i'm pretty sure we don't.
General Senses: Taste, touch, hear, feel, see.
Other Senses: Balance and acceleration, temperature, kinesthetic (knowing where your limbs are), and pain. (Also other internal senses)
So we all actually have many more senses than just six.

OT: I recently told a couple my friends about the fandom and that I am a furry, but in a different way than that, but they get the point.

Last edited:

Ninjahound

eh I tend to tell people, but I don't yell about it to everyone on the street. I think it's fun to be a furry and I know that I am not what the typical person thinks a "furry" is. As long as I know it and I have good friends that accept me, then I don't really mind sharing. And if someone doesn't accept it and thinks I'm a weirdo, then fuck 'em. I'm good without them if they can't accept me for me. :)

Calypte

gryphon extrodinaire
I'm not hard-core into furry so I don't really tell people that I am. I just like to draw fantasy creatures and that kinda meshed with this fandom the most. Almost all my friends are furry though, so perhaps I'm just in denial.

TyinsDarkwulf

Oh hell no, I would never tell anyone outside the fandom that I'm a furry. My friends and family know I really love animals which is fine, but actually telling them I'm a fur would just be more of a hassle than anything.

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
You make it sound like we have some kind of sixth sense. Which would be kind of awesome but, i'm pretty sure we don't.

That would be great if we did. I could see it now, walking through a crowd "I sense a furry..."

But we know that Thoughtmaster is a furry, they just told us.

Really, how can you tell that I'm not just someone examining the movement from within? Just because someone is a member of this site doesn't mean that I'm part of the movement.

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
Really, how can you tell that I'm not just someone examining the movement from within? Just because someone is a member of this site doesn't mean that I'm part of the movement.

Well, you forgot one awnser to your poll, one that would be the one I would use, "no one knows besides myself."

You said that you would pick the option that nobody but you knows that you're a furry. Which means that you're a furry.

Unless you lied to us D: :V

You said that you would pick the option that nobody but you knows that you're a furry. Which means that you're a furry.

Unless you lied to us D: :V
That depends on what your definition of furry is. If your definition is examining bestial and anthromophic with a great interest then I am a furry but if your definition is dressing up as animals, then I'm not one. I'm secretive about the first and don't do the second because it poises too great a risk of being discovered.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
That depends on what your definition of furry is. If your definition is examining bestial and anthromophic with a great interest then I am a furry but if your definition is dressing up as animals, then I'm not one. I'm secretive about the first and don't do the second because it poises too great a risk of being discovered.

Nobody defines furry like that. You're a furry (general sense), but not a fursuiter (more specific sense). More or less like me.

In case I have not updated my own take here, cat's out of the bag and nobody cares. Funny, seems I was a tad nervous over nothing. XD

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I'm not hard-core into furry so I don't really tell people that I am. I just like to draw fantasy creatures and that kinda meshed with this fandom the most. Almost all my friends are furry though, so perhaps I'm just in denial.

Perhaps indeed Napoleon. Liger much?
Lolololololilytidivtk

Gigi the Tea Goat

I don't really call myself a furry to anyone but my best friend, who is also one, but there's nothing to be secretive about since the most furry thing I do is draw my fursona from time to time. If people ask if it's a fursona, then I'm not going to deny it, but otherwise, I don't go around publicly expressing it. I didn't realize furry was something people had to "come out" about being. .-.

TrinityWolfess

I wouldv told my grandpa but I asked him a few days ago that I wanted a tail and he said, "why?" and I told him just to wear around and he gave me this crazy look so I just keep it with my friends. :/

rolvo

lets just keep it a secret if they're not furry themselves, others just don't understand and explaining it all the time gets tiresome ^^

Shy husky

I haven't told anyone but by older bother and a small bunch of my friends, for me I don't think I'll tell anyone else until a certain time or when they ask me