• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is fursuiting like blackface

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
Wow. Such infallible, incontestable logic. /sarcasm

It's the kind of thing that I wonder if she actually means it, if she is arguing for the sake of arguing, or if she thinks that this is how she can convince you fursuits r bad by using this astoundingly egregious argmument as proof.

Cocobanana

They are similar in that both blackface and fursuiting involve wearing stereotypes for entertainment purposes, except I don't think non-human animals care as much that they're being mimicked than black people do.

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
Thank you everyone for affirming me, but I don't know what else I expected from a furry forum. It's the stupidest thing to argue about and my girlfriend used to ok with the fact I was a furry until her furry hating brother came along and now she is just parroting what he has told her to me. The thing is that I could care less if she was okay with furries or not, but the fact she wanted to pick a fight on something so SWJish and dumb as this is a level 11 problem.

DevilishlyHandsome49

The Most Handsome Devil
Thank you everyone for affirming me, but I don't know what else I expected from a furry forum. It's the stupidest thing to argue about and my girlfriend used to ok with the fact I was a furry until her furry hating brother came along and now she is just parroting what he has told her to me. The thing is that I could care less if she was okay with furries or not, but the fact she wanted to pick a fight on something so SWJish and dumb as this is a level 11 problem.

Dude, this is bad. Like really bad. Disregarding the whole fursuit thing, the fact that she changes her viewpoint so easily, over what could possibly be anything, because its what her brother believes...

Big red flag!!

Blackface in public area. Record reaction.
Fursuit in zoo. Record reaction.
Compare and discuss.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I can only imagine an animal giving a shit about any of this if they became addicted to Tumblr and The Mary Sue.

Parrot, your girlfriend is either really young or really dumb--likely both--and even if she's trolling, or even if her brother talked her into it, she's still being incredibly dumb. This may be a harbinger of other SJW-esque or trollish things to come.

For shizzles and giggles, I wonder if you could goad her into creating an Animal Anti-Defamation League to combat this terrible problem? You know, show up to furry cons to protest with a bevy of cats dressed in little business suits with tiny misspelled signs? :grin:

Last edited:

Armored Chocobo

Let's Playing Avian
If someone dresses up like a bird, I'm actually really flattered they find my genus that awesome that they wanna look like them.

Now, for all the hypnotists that make people pretend they're chickens I wish them The Bends on dry land and death in a thermite fire.

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
She's always been regularly interested and properly supportive in animal/women's/human rights and stuff like that and I was very happy to find somebody regular that shared the same not radical views as I did. That's why her getting so upset about something like this is really weird and kind of upsetting for me. The way she is arguing it is that in the future animals might have consciousness like humans do but until them fursuiting is not okay because it takes advantage of their lack of consciousness and while what she says makes sense, it's just... really unimportant...

Ratical

I'll have you know I have lots of animal friends and they don't mind when I call 'em "varmint" or "fuzzo" or "shed-factory". Cuz we're tight like that.

What the hell is this thread?

No offence but if your GF thinks this is an issue , she's going into SJW territory big time , and I mean really extreme SJW.

For shizzles and giggles, I wonder if you could goad her into creating an Animal Anti-Defamation League to combat this terrible problem? You know, show up to furry cons to protest with a bevy of cats dressed in little business suits with tiny misspelled signs? :grin:
"Animals are peple to!"

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
She's always been regularly interested and properly supportive in animal/women's/human rights and stuff like that and I was very happy to find somebody regular that shared the same not radical views as I did. That's why her getting so upset about something like this is really weird and kind of upsetting for me. The way she is arguing it is that in the future animals might have consciousness like humans do but until them fursuiting is not okay because it takes advantage of their lack of consciousness and while what she says makes sense, it's just... really unimportant...

This might actually make a good premise for a science fiction story!

What separates fursuiting from blackface, though--and I can't believe I'm indulging this question--is that blackface by design is typically meant to mock, insult, or satirize blacks, while most furries would tend to say that they actually like and admire animals. (Not that this would stop uplifted Animal SJWs from getting offended anyway, because "intentions don't matter"...)

I'd hope uplifted Animals would tackle animal experimentation, big game hunting, factory farming, global warming, and pitbull bans long before they complained about furries.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Blackface in public area. Record reaction.
Fursuit in zoo. Record reaction.
Compare and discuss.
praised for historical value. Offered membership to KKK with benefits.
kicked out of zoo. Will rape animals.

I'll have you know I have lots of animal friends and they don't mind when I call 'em "varmint" or "fuzzo" or "shed-factory". Cuz we're tight like that.

I call my dog idiot and moron all the time and he just stares at me, jumps on me, and licks me. Insulting animals is fun.

Last edited:

WolfNightV4X1

*vermin. But same things,guys

WolfNightV4X1

Ooh snap, so that's what they meant by "our word". I thought they were just reaffirming what I said!

Do they make apology cards for unintentional species insensitivity?

rgID6eg.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited: