• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is it possible the signs of homosexuality start early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

Spatel

The concept of a childhood where someone's brain develops for an extended period of time without knowing about the existence of sex--one of the most important functions their body is capable of--is an arbitrary construct of western society.

Even without knowing, children as early as 4 years display signs of an attachment to their preferred sex based somewhat on parental imprinting.

Thing is though, sexuality can change. That would only tell you their initial sexuality when they start to develop an interest.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
Yeah sexuality for me was pretty young, had a boyfriend, slept over at his house and cuddled with him.
I was in kindergarten and he was grade one. I don't think I ever kissed him though.
His mother after he told her forbid me from seeing him, and everything, then I moved to a different school because he was my best friend.

Everyone pretty much said I was going to be gay. Heh, and they were pretty well right, even though I'm not really attracted to anything in particular.
I just prefer guys because they are nicer to me than girls.

Ricky

No, it's not a choice, I'm gay myself and I never chose to be gay, it just kind of happened that I started liking guys instead of chicks. At one point I tried to make myself straight, but it just doesn't work that way.

I was waiting for someone to call him on that.

No, it's not a choice for a lot of people. It's a choice for me, but that's because I'm bi and decided to only date guys because I got sick of girl drama.

I'm not really *gay* then, I guess. Actually, I'm hesitant to say *anyone* is 100% gay or 100% straight. Sexuality just isn't that simple and there's not some binary here, or an "on or off" gene.

That said, I agree with Clayton here. 5 is way too young to know what your preferences are and like was already said -- who cares?

He's fucking 5. He doesn't need to figure out if he's gay or straight yet (or more accurately, what his preferences are).

Fay V

Lost to this world
we were ignoring flamebait.

Anyway. I think it depends on the person. There's been people that did act really gay as a kid and ended up really gay as an adult, other that did, and ended up straight.

Basically I'll just parrot what others have sais. Gender identity and sexual identity are different, both i think are influenced at a young age, but this might be more of a gender identity thing, or at least your nephew may not be exactly what people think of when they think male, that doesn't mean he's going to be gay.

for instance, when I was a kid, I hung out with guys all the time. I hated dresses. I hated girly stuff. I kissed a girl in elementary before too. I am still a tom boy, I'm still not a fan of reeeally girly things, but I'm also very straight (though it may not appear that way all the time >.>)
Honestly I think it's best to just let kids explore and figure out gender stuff without trying to apply labels. otherwise you'll start adding expectations on them, be it gay or straight.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

CannonFodder

we were ignoring flamebait.

Anyway. I think it depends on the person. There's been people that did act really gay as a kid and ended up really gay as an adult, other that did, and ended up straight.

Basically I'll just parrot what others have sais. Gender identity and sexual identity are different, both i think are influenced at a young age, but this might be more of a gender identity thing, or at least your nephew may not be exactly what people think of when they think male, that doesn't mean he's going to be gay.

for instance, when I was a kid, I hung out with guys all the time. I hated dresses. I hated girly stuff. I kissed a girl in elementary before too. I am still a tom boy, I'm still not a fan of reeeally girly things, but I'm also very straight (though it may not appear that way all the time >.>)
Honestly I think it's best to just let kids explore and figure out gender stuff without trying to apply labels. otherwise you'll start adding expectations on them, be it gay or straight.
'K, I'm just worried that if he is, he's going to have it shitty when he's a teen -_-

Fay V

Lost to this world
'K, I'm just worried that if he is, he's going to have it shitty when he's a teen -_-
And what options to do suggest then? train him out of it?
Worry over his future without a solution.

or do what you do with any kid and support him gay or not so that he has self esteem and confidence. Teen years are shitty for everyone, it's the kids with a support system and self confidence that make it through, gay, straight, whatever. If he feels comfortable with who he is then he'll be fine and that support starts early.

So again I suggest just encouraging kids and supporting them

Xegras

Peerat
I advocate CF locks the kid in a room plastered with playboy magazines on the wall. He will only be released once he says "I'd tap that."

Fay V

Lost to this world
I advocate CF locks the kid in a room plastered with playboy magazines on the wall. He will only be released once he says "I'd tap that."
that's where cure camps go wrong. they keep plastering pictures of a young, compassionate, blond guy with great abs all over the place.

CannonFodder

In this case it is a problem with society, not your nephew.
Hopefully by the time he reaches his teenage years and if he is, society will have changed enough, if not I'll make sure he has a place just in case.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>

LonelyKitsune

Ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-Combo breaker
Considering homosexuality is a choice and it does not inherently affect the personality of one who chooses to be homosexual, then I do not think the "signs" that you speak of show up at early ages. If you are referring the stereotypical high-pitched and feminine voices and the obviously immaculate gestures created by homosexual men, this is going to be present in young children whose voices have not dropped to a lower pitch and whose eccentric manner is common to one their age. If your five-year-old nephew is sexually active and spends his sensual time with men and has a tendency to relate better to women, then he may be a candidate for homosexuality. However, even straight people can act really gay and gay people can act really straight.

just like YOU can randomly choose to not be attracted to girls and start being attracted to guys, start a long term relationship, and have sex with them for the rest of your life? YEAH i totally choose to NOT have the right to get married, to be call names in public, to have my family HATE me, and have threats against my life randomly just for existing!!! yeah TOTALLY a choice dude... i mean who wouldnt want to be treated like a second class citizen! right!?

but really i wouldnt worry about it... you wont really know till maybe 12-13 ish

Last edited:

Bloodshot_Eyes

just like YOU can randomly choose to not be attracted to girls and start being attracted to guys, start a long term relationship, and have sex with them for the rest of your life? YEAH i totally choose to NOT have the right to get married, to be call names in public, to have my family HAT me, and have threats against my life randomly just for existing!!! yeah TOTALLY a choice dude... i mean who wouldnt want to be treated like a second class citizen! right!?

but really i wouldnt worry about it... you wont really know till maybe 12-13 ish

Did you really just copy paste that here? You still spelled hate wrong... :/

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Considering homosexuality is a choice and it does not inherently affect the personality of one who chooses to be homosexual, then I do not think the "signs" that you speak of show up at early ages. If you are referring the stereotypical high-pitched and feminine voices and the obviously immaculate gestures created by homosexual men, this is going to be present in young children whose voices have not dropped to a lower pitch and whose eccentric manner is common to one their age. If your five-year-old nephew is sexually active and spends his sensual time with men and has a tendency to relate better to women, then he may be a candidate for homosexuality. However, even straight people can act really gay and gay people can act really straight.

oh id be VERY careful with that. in terms of sexual orientation there is almost no proper new research data. no one really knows whether its a choice or whether you are born that way. although some of that new data indicates that EVERYONE is bisexual and that culture, traditions and the way you were raised affect your "final" orientation.

just like YOU can randomly choose to not be attracted to girls and start being attracted to guys, start a long term relationship, and have sex with them for the rest of your life? YEAH i totally choose to NOT have the right to get married, to be call names in public, to have my family HATE me, and have threats against my life randomly just for existing!!! yeah TOTALLY a choice dude... i mean who wouldnt want to be treated like a second class citizen! right!?

see?^^

@thread: i wouldnt care about that yet. he doesnt even know what sex is yet :p once he is like 13 or so you might be able to tell if he diggs dicks or not^^

Xegras

Peerat
Status
Not open for further replies.