• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is it Possible to Stop Watchers from Watching You

Crossdog367

I know that several media/art sites will kick people who you block off you your watchlist and you off of theirs. Is the same thing true on FA, or will people that I choose to block be able to continue watching me?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I know that several media/art sites will kick people who you block off you your watchlist and you off of theirs. Is the same thing true on FA, or will people that I choose to block be able to continue watching me?

I'm not sure, but I think that the people we block are also removed from watch lists and so on.
Would need a more experienced member to chime in on this one.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Why would you do that?

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Do you mean why would someone block someone?
There's a lotta reasons, lol.

I wouldn't want someone I blocked to stalk me via a watchlist either. :p
Why you would block a watcher, specifically, but if you say they're watching you for stalking purposes that's self-explanatory

TheCynicalViet

Yeah, blocking and then unblocking causes them to be removed from your followers list (forcibly un-watching you). Now they could just simply follow you again so if you want a certain someone GONE then a real block is your only option.

I just do it on my Twitter to fuck with my mutuals but there are pretty valid reasons as to why you want to do it.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I assumed the OP meant they wanted to know if people they blocked could still view them via a watchlist.
Lol, I'm not that old but to me, "blocked" just means you can't talk to someone

Crossdog367

Yeah, blocking and then unblocking causes them to be removed from your followers list (forcibly un-watching you). Now they could just simply follow you again so if you want a certain someone GONE then a real block is your only option.

I just do it on my Twitter to fuck with my mutuals but there are pretty valid reasons as to why you want to do it.

Is there a time limit on how long you need them to be blocked? I attempted this, and the user remained on my list of watchers.

quoting_mungo

Blocking someone doesn’t force them to unwatch you on FA. It does prevent users from starting to watch you, but if they already are, the watch isn’t canceled.

N

Nyro46

That sounds...like a fundemental flaw.
It really is. I’ve been waiting for FA to update their block system for a while :/ as of right now, there is no way to remove someone from watching you. If you block someone, it only prevents then from communicating, faving, or watching if they haven’t already. If they are watching you, they will still get your submissions in their feed. They can also still see all of your page, comments, and submissions and whatnot.