• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

is it really worth going to local furmeets?

elegastaanval

i saw a thread a while ago about all the weird people/ shit that happens at the meets, and now i can't tell if the meets would be fun, or just plain creepy. what are your positive/negative experiences, and is it really worth taking the time to go to one.

T

TheMetalVelocity

I don't understand what you mean by creepy shit that happens. It's a gathering of furries like you and me. I've never been to one. I would probably go with friends that happen to be furries. I wouldn't understand what creepy shit my happen.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Despite what many people experience, its always best to take such things with a grain of salt. Maybe you'll come across one creeper that people choose it ignore and refuse to tell off, but they are always the minority.

I've met a lot of friends at furmeets, and it is a good way to socialize with other furries if you are looking for like-minded people.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
If you have a meet near you then yeah, it's totally worth going since they're generally held in a public place don't cost much as opposed to an actual con. You meet local people and I guess that's pretty cool.

And I would view all the weird stuff that happens at meets and cons to be even more reason to go because who doesn't want to see that :v

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
It depends on the meet. I've heard plenty of good stories, and plenty of bad ones. It's worth going to one to try at least. Worst comes to worst, you leave and don't go to any more with that group.

T

TheMetalVelocity

What creepyness could possibly happen? I don't understand this whole thing.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
My friend went to one in Toronto. He got shit thrown at him...
Apparently one of them thought that was "innocent fun"
that group never met up again.
Ever.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
People being creepy perverts. It happens. I've heard of shit like people showing up to meets in fetish gear, or making uncomfortable advances on people.

To them "furry" means "sex"
I've heard of an awful lack of personal hygiene among furmeets.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Hahaha what the fuck.
I know right? I glad I wasn't using my car when I picked him up.
People being creepy perverts. It happens. I've heard of shit like people showing up to meets in fetish gear, or making uncomfortable advances on people.

Nasty. But the "I am really a wolf/fox/dragon" Types are oddly creepier in my eyes.

Again... Poo flinging.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
My friend went to one in Toronto. He got shit thrown at him...
Apparently one of them thought that was "innocent fun"
that group never met up again.
Ever.

What...?

No really...What?

It depends on the meet and the people who vehemently promote smelling like soap instead of ass-cheese.

I hear stories like that and others coming from furries who attend the California meets, and it seems that it is nothing but a bunch of drama-mongering gatherings.

There are a few furries who came from California to Virginia and compared our meets to being nothing but a facist regime and a circlejerk because the "mods" regulate the behaviors of the attendees to make sure we have a place to come back to.

Though right now, there's an invisible war for power control...so...

Last edited:

Mentova

Nasty. But the "I am really a wolf/fox/dragon" Types are oddly creepier in my eyes.
How so? I mean yeah, they're weird as hell, but at least they're not sexually harassing you. Those types can be nice outside of their weird "I'm really a fox guys, honest!" stuff.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
How so? I mean yeah, they're weird as hell, but at least they're not sexually harassing you. Those types can be nice outside of their weird "I'm really a fox guys, honest!" stuff.

I haven't met one yet. Should I count myself lucky? :V

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I hear stories like that and others coming from furries who attend the California meets, and it seems that it is nothing but a bunch of drama-mongering gatherings.

There are a few furries who came from California to Virginia and compared our meets to being nothing but a facist regime and a circlejerk because the "mods" regulate the behaviors of the attendees to make sure we have a place to come back to.

Though right now, there's an invisible war for power control...so...

As a refugee from the LA area, I can confirm that some of the meets are god awful.

Schwimmwagen

I'd like to go to a furfag meet, but I'd rather go to a FAF meet.

Omg come to think of it, since we're nearly all guilty of bitching someone else out, if we all met in person we'd be getting along fabulously for some reason.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I'd like to go to a furfag meet, but I'd rather go to a FAF meet.

Omg come to think of it, since we're nearly all guilty of bitching someone else out, if we all met in person we'd be getting along fabulously for some reason.

It would be a bitching circlejerk, wouldn't it?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I've been to one furmeet. Nothing untoward happened and I won the bowling contest.
I didn't go to any more meets, but I generally don't go to places with friends anyway.

Fallowfox

not sure if euphemism

I really know how to handle balls.

I think the fact it was bowling and chatting, is partly the reason I haven't been to any more meets. Most of them were people about my age and description, and we're the kind of people who know we came to meet other furries and do furry stuff but will actually spend the time discussing lenses and the gaul bladder surgery.

Mentova

I haven't met one yet. Should I count myself lucky? :V

Oh god yes. I met a couple who was like that through a friend and they were insufferable. The guy was a typical overly hyper furfag/weeabo and the girl absolutely insisted that she was actually a reincarnated dragon or some shit. Also dragons totally existed and you don't know that they weren't real. Her proof was the fact that dragons and dragon like creatures appeared in multiple culture's folklore.:|

Anyways, as terrible as that couple was, I'd prefer their stupidity over sexual harassment any day.

Edit: oh, I forgot she also claimed that when angry her eyes turned red so she had to be careful to not scare humans.

Fallowfox

Oh god yes. I met a couple who was like that through a friend and they were insufferable. The guy was a typical overly hyper furfag/weeabo and the girl absolutely insisted that she was actually a reincarnated dragon or some shit. Also dragons totally existed and you don't know that they weren't real. Her proof was the fact that dragons and dragon like creatures appeared in multiple culture's folklore.:|

Anyways, as terrible as that couple was, I'd prefer their stupidity over sexual harassment any day.

Edit: oh, I forgot she also claimed that when angry her eyes turned red so she had to be careful to not scare humans.

Two girls in my art class last year believed dragons [and the loch ness monster] were real. 'Since the rainforests are big and have so many species in them it's just undeniably probable that some of them are dragons.'