• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

is pokemon platinum really worth getting?

pokemon platinum worth getting?

• yes.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
so, need an extra ds game or my ds is probably going to rot where it sits, and platinum had a lot of hype behind it, is it really that good of a game? or is it something i should pass on?

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I really don't know, Do you have Diamond and Pearl?

Lukar

Durrgon
The storyline's pretty much the same until awhile into the game- then their plans for Giratina become clear! =D However, I recommend you purchase it- it has the Battle Frontier, new Formes for Giratina and Rotom, and several other things.

Liam

A ghost passing through
You have a DS, so perhaps you could consider getting a gba flash cart and put a translated copy of mother 3 on it? It is a wonderful RPG alternative to pokemon.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
You have a DS, so perhaps you could consider getting a gba flash cart and put a translated copy of mother 3 on it? It is a wonderful RPG alternative to pokemon.
I lol'd

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
It's a pokemon game so it'll keep you busy for a little while. I think it's worth it.

Liam

A ghost passing through
A friend back at college was way too into it to the point of manually crafting his team to get every possible advantage out of the system in the game that I lost all interest in pokemon. Thanks a lot Josh.

Ruko

No, if you have diamond already I would recommend getting something else. I take it you like RPGs have you tried Chrono Trigger, it was rereleased onto the DS recently.

A friend back at college was way too into it to the point of manually crafting his team to get every possible advantage out of the system in the game that I lost all interest in pokemon. Thanks a lot Josh.

MoitvationalPokemon.jpg

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
No, if you have diamond already I would recommend getting something else. I take it you like RPGs have you tried Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, it was rereleased onto the DS recently.
Fixed.

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
I think it's considerably better, yes... the story line is a little bit different (imho a little bit more of a pain in the ass) but the characters are more fun (especially Looker) and Giratina's 'formes' and the Battle Frontier are welcome additions.
If you've got money to spare, go for it.

Yoshistar

Watch and learn, kid.
You have a DS, so perhaps you could consider getting a gba flash cart and put a translated copy of mother 3 on it? It is a wonderful RPG...

Yes, yes it is.

...alternative to pokemon.

No, no it's not. Mother and Pokémon are two completely different series. They have subtle similarities, yes, but the game mechanics, stories, and enemies are all different. And even if a GBA Flash cart is considered, they're only available on the Internet.

I have Pokémon Diamond and snagged Platinum the day it came out. I'm not disappointed on its extra features, and the mini-games over Wi-Fi remind me of Pokémon Stadium's a little bit. If only there were more, but I'm sure there wasn't enough room left on the game for that... =l

So, yeah. If you really want it, get Platinum.