• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is there a Moderator Training Manual?

DesecratedFlame

A message to whom? Do you really think that the administration care about you. All you do is punish your viewers. By uploading a lower resolution you're actually helping the site by not using as much storage space. If you're unhappy with the site you should just leave. I think that's best for everyone.
They cared enough to shutdown the forums after this thread was made.

By uploading a lower resolution you're actually helping the site by not using as much storage space.
Image resolution ≠ file size. Storage space is measured by file size, and the file size restriction has always been 10mb. Even images that were uploaded using the resolution limit "loophole" still met the website's file size restriction, despite being well over the resolution limit. If anything, uploading images and having them resized to FA's resolution limit takes up more server space [1].

luffy

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, totes. We replaced it with a more active platform because we don't want people asking about our handbook haha. /s
They cared enough to shutdown the forums after this thread was made.

RestrainedRaptor

Well-Known Nuisance
Yeah, totes.
I guess we'll have to wait and see whether Discord forum threads are more or less frequently derailed...

Since this is one of the few threads of mine that's still open, I'd like to use it to ask a few policy-related questions. ...
But yeah, I'd really appreciate it if I could get some answers to these, from you or another staff member.

DesecratedFlame

Yeah, totes. We replaced it with a more active platform because we don't want people asking about our handbook haha. /s
If by "asking about handbooks" you mean, "don't want people questioning our decisions in an easy-to-find, publicly-accessible, google-searchable way" then yes, "because handbooks."

RestrainedRaptor

Well-Known Nuisance
Well, happy Shutdown-Eve everybody. Just a couple more things I'd like to say (and these are, once again, my own opinions, not to be construed as misrepresentation of policy or staff actions)...

I get the impression that certain staff having seen my questions in this thread and not even acknowledging their existence, while still replying to subsequent comments in the thread, shows a continuation of the pattern that developed at the point where my journals were deleted, i.e. "if we don't give him an answer, we can suspend him later with plausible deniability." If this is true, it is of course deeply disappointing. I'm still waiting for someone to show any evidence to the contrary.

If I don't get answers to those two questions before the forums close, which is the most likely outcome at this point, I'll be putting them into a trouble ticket (despite my lack of faith in how they're handled) so we'll see how that goes, one way or another. More time down the drain.

Finally, I wanted to restate that I never would have needed to write this thread, or many of those before it, if we could have just had an open and honest discussion about the AUP, what it's intended to do, and why it confuses people. I really feel like I've tried everything here. It's so frustrating to see a company of any size handling public relations in this manner. I raised these concerns to help you and your users.

You can still turn this around in 2023 if you're just willing to listen to, and sympathize with us ('us' being me and the friends I represent) rather than doubling-down on punishing us.

RestrainedRaptor

Well-Known Nuisance
Sadly I won't be around for the chaos later because I'll be celebrating NYE at a club with friends tonight. Peace out, yo.