• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is there anything worse than Unrequited love?

Shoiyo

Smartass skunk
Recently had a brother of mine develop some really deep feelings for someone only to be shot down. Which made me think of the title of this.

So, is there anything worse than Unrequited love?

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Degenerative muscular diseases.

Jarren

Wrongful felony conviction.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Stepping on a Lego in the middle of the night

Jarren

Botulism

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Recently had a brother of mine develop some really deep feelings for someone only to be shot down. Which made me think of the title of this.

So, is there anything worse than Unrequited love?

Well certainly as people have joked about, in absolute terms, yes, though in the emotional landscape that people live in, it's a very painful thing---especially, when, say, there is a period when both people are very close, and you are made to feel so amazing and told things nobody has ever told you before and it is so sweet, that for a time nothing matters, and it is like a key, finally finding the lock made to receive it. So that when a person you are close to and has been such a source of joy suddenly leaves, especially for somebody else, I think it's among the most deeply painful human emotions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 82554

Living in a war-torn third world country with the risk of being killed and dying from disease every day; and teenage angst.

Yakamaru

Mr Tophat
Getting shot down is part of life. I've seen people murder over that shit.

As for topic question:
Getting stabbed in the eyes.
Getting shot.
Being forced to date someone uglier than you.
Habe your cat ninja your legs. With mini katanas.

K

Kiaara

Playing a wind instrument and then having someone bump into it, causing it to go way too far into your mouth, or busting your lips.

Such creative responses omg XD

The brilliant minds aside, unrequited love is pretty damn brutal and heart-wrenching.
Speaking from experience, I think depending on the level and scenario of the situation there are quite a few things one would consider doing to themselves if it took that feeling away.

And yeah it can make one do silly if not terrible things if they are not careful.

On the funny side though; I must say having all your phalanges removed with a rusty spoon is pretty awful too ._.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
LMAO, best thread ever! :p

Mudman2001

Wolf of Many Talents
Well certainly as people have joked about, in absolute terms, yes, though in the emotional landscape that people live in, it's a very painful thing---especially, when, say, there is a period when both people are very close, and you are made to feel so amazing and told things nobody has ever told you before and it is so sweet, that for a time nothing matters, and it is like a key, finally finding the lock made to receive it. So that when a person you are close to and has been such a source of joy suddenly leaves, especially for somebody else, I think it's among the most deeply painful human emotions.
I understand what you mean. It scars you, makes you feel like nothing mattered between the two of you. Worst are when people you both know want to start talking about them feels like salt in deep wound, telling you how good everything is going for them when all you want to know is “why am I not allowed to be happy?”

ariala

In all seriousness, though, I do think that, to an extent, unrequited love is one of the things on the list of painful experiences, if only because of the variety of emotions that it causes. Being rejected leads to insecurity, as well as possible resentment for those who reject you...which can lead to a sense of bitterness towards the world in general. I wish your brother well through this.