• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is this specific fur good for a bodysuit or just accents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I'd just stick with normal turquoise.
For that fur, it's useful if you are doing accents or markings on a bodysuit that requires no shaving, and you want to add a bit of sparkly umph.

SkyFurCreations

*Revamping The Fandom*
Us, being SkyFurCreations, are all about creativity and uniqueness, so I would say based on how spaced apart the sparkles actually are, I would love to see an entire fursuit made of that. I think you would definately turn some heads.

Now, you could still use a non-sparkle fur for the belly and inner thigh areas, just to break up the pattern, but I would still vote for that being your main fur, and not just for markings. Fursuits are expensive and time consuming to make, so either go all out and give it everything you got... or just stay home!

And as for shaving, I would just use shorter regular fur for the center of the body, including the head, that way the "fancy" fur is the longer fur on the sides of the head, and the back and sides of the furry... problem solved. Trimming fur is hard enough as it is, let alone trimming massive amounts of oddly textured fur.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Us, being SkyFurCreations, are all about creativity and uniqueness, so I would say based on how spaced apart the sparkles actually are, I would love to see an entire fursuit made of that. I think you would definately turn some heads.

Now, you could still use a non-sparkle fur for the belly and inner thigh areas, just to break up the pattern, but I would still vote for that being your main fur, and not just for markings. Fursuits are expensive and time consuming to make, so either go all out and give it everything you got... or just stay home!

And as for shaving, I would just use shorter regular fur for the center of the body, including the head, that way the "fancy" fur is the longer fur on the sides of the head, and the back and sides of the furry... problem solved. Trimming fur is hard enough as it is, let alone trimming massive amounts of oddly textured fur.
A bit off topic, but why are you using Flurrycat's fursuit as your icon?

SkyFurCreations

*Revamping The Fandom*
I'm currently creating a fursuit head and I realized it looks really bad having a blank icon so I'm using this temperarily. It appeared in a Google search and I just chose the image because I iked it. I don't even know who she is though, and I sure had no idea she was a member of this site haha.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I'm currently creating a fursuit head and I realized it looks really bad having a blank icon so I'm using this temperarily. It appeared in a Google search and I just chose the image because I iked it. I don't even know who she is though, and I sure had no idea she was a member of this site haha.

well that's sketchy as hell.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
@lucarionme

the sparkle fur is REALLY SUPER LONG. That being said.. its excellent quality fur and has a nice shag and nice movement to it. I say it's more than fine to use it for whatever. It shaves down nicely too and takes color well.

go nuts. have fun.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I know it looks sketchy, I recently just spent an entire day proving I'm legit to someone I'm making for, but, soon enough, everybody will see my name a whole lot more ;)

*Revamping The Fandom*
Might I make a suggestion? Draw a stick icon for the time being, until you have something of your own to post? A picture of your cat? It would help to make yourself look legitimate to the fandom and that you aren't a design thief. If you're wanting to do business within our cadre, your legitimacy is everything. The last thing you want to look like is some sketchy flake.

It might not seem like much now, but wait until you've been around the fandom for a while (or a long time, in my case) and had to use lawyers to stop others from blatantly copying or stealing your cumulative works. Been there, done that. I've even had one set of my literary works rudely collected into a vanity-printed paperback! That d00d lost hard in court. Still owes me a $$$ of cash. Should have never had it for sale on the table at the Con that year. I've even had my icon (the one that I use here) stolen by someone on the same board! That took a butt-load of courage to do.

Just sayin' - some friendly advice for you. YMMV. Void where prohibited. Only one per customer per visit.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Yea, thanks for the advice haha. Only because she is so popufur on the very site I'm on, I'll change it.
"I'm currently making a fursuit head"
"*revamping the fandom*"
"Only because she is so popufur on the very site I'm on, I'll change it."
"*changes icon to something they dont own*"

yeah you keep digging your own grave.
If you had a fursuit business, you'd have made quite a few heads already... and those heads would be posted online.. and you'd probably have one of those as your avatar to promote your company.

as it stands, you look like you're some kid who just started making fursuits and who has delusions of grandeur.
even if you're *legitimately* a company (which, you're not.) I wouldnt buy from you because of your arrogance.

SkyFurCreations

*Revamping The Fandom*
(Quotes me like I'm lying)

yeah you keep digging your own grave. Bla bla bla, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hey asshole, this is an iPhone 6 WALLPAPER which is free to download. And good, I don't want or need your damn buisness. Also, I already explained everything to Kellan who has respect for people, you're not even in this conversation so shut up. I'm 26 years old, I'm grown as hell and this is not highschool, if you have something to say, you PM me like an adult and not flame in the thread. Don't even respond, just PM me or don't say anything.

Lovelust

Quoting isn't flaming.
I find it uncomfortable that you would say you'll only change it because the owner of the actual suit is "popufur" (nice edit.. not) on the site.
So if she wasn't, you wouldn't change it?

Art theft of any type is a huge issue in the furry community, which is taken pretty dang seriously. I agree in saying you're kinda digging yourself a grave here.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
No, flaming isn't quoting, flaming is causing an in-depth argument on a thread irrelevant to the argument, it's ignorant, just PM me.

how old are you? You have to be 18 or older in order to take commissions. I question your age.
"flaming" isnt questioning you and your motives online. What you're currently doing is called deflection and abasement.

you SHOULD NOT be taking any kind of commissions if you do NOT have any product to show anyone. And you should NOT be promoting a company that has no product to sell.
Go get a normal furaffinity account and spend some time on here and the official site. Learn. grow. go to the fursuit livejournal community to learn how to make suits or learn to make them better.

Once again.. you should NOT be asking for commissions or offering commissions to ANYONE because you have NO PRODUCT to show or sell. That's called scamming. Also! When you make a fursuit, you must NOT spend the money you got for it UNTIL your customer has the finished product in their hand and is satisfied. WHY? because they can paypal dispute you or do a chargeback. and then you will end up in debt and your accounts frozen.

fursuit making is VERY SERIOUS and has a HIGH LIABILITY.

SkyFurCreations

*Revamping The Fandom*
And again, you don't want to talk to ME, you just want everybody in this thread to hear you. You are putting on a performance in front of an audience, because talking to somebody one-on-one is not fun to you, because you get no attention out of it.

I will do whatever the hell I want to do, and if somebody pays me to make something, I make it, send it to them, and they are happy with my professionalism, it's not a scam. I have offered every client I have (currently 3) a full money back guarantee AND free shipping, both to them, AND if they decided to return the item. Don't talk to me about not spending the money until they recieve the item as if you have evidence I've done that.

How about you buy something from me and then you can see first-hand if I'm legit or not.

This is the exact definition of Flaming. You aren't speaking intelligently like Kellan did. I already changed my icon, and you still bitched about me using a FREE wallpaper that the iPhone 6 gives, just because I didn't make it myself. You won't talk to me privately, but you'll tell me how you disprove of my methods with an audience, which is akin to screaming at somebody in public, instead of talking to them quietly. Yes, I'm 26, which is why I'm more mature than you by miles, and I like talking, not arguing in all caps. I've used 4 words in caps, vs. your 15.

Again, I'll do whatever the hell I want, my products are being made, and everybody will see the quality of my work when they are finished.

Do you believe I'm scamming and taking money while having no intentions in making things for people, or do you believe I really do make things of high quality, but it's unethical to do it before I have work done? I still don't understand what has you such a babyfur.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
You know, it's just my $0.02 USD worth but I'm gonna suggest that a few people here need to step away from the keyboard for a few and have an ice-cold whatever.

I'm not a mod here (and not sure I would want to be), but I see all the signs of this thread getting locked and maybe a temp ban or two.

Just sayin'

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
welp. not gonna clutter up someone else's thread, but private messaging just removes accountability on both sides. Welcome to the fandom!

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
welp. not gonna clutter up someone else's thread, but private messaging just removes accountability on both sides. Welcome to the fandom!

edit:
"Yes, I'm 26, which is why I'm more mature than you by miles"

lol

edit again:

dammit. pressed "reply" instead of edit. ah well.

Truth be told though, I've gotten PM's from people questioning your validity. I'd show your stuff first before you sell it. That's sound business practice right there. Otherwise you look sketchy as fuck.

Butt-Factory

Trinidad Puece
Just looking at SkyFurCreations's behaviour in this thread has definitely been enough red flags to never do business with them.

Lovelust

Just looking at SkyFurCreations's behaviour in this thread has definitely been enough red flags to never do business with them.
Definitely.
I'd just like to add, for general safety's sake, that I recieved a pm from skyfurcreations BEFORE the stolen icon was taken down offering a custom fursuit head for $400. Sketchy. Particularly considering the stolen icon, lack of examples, and aforementioned aggressive behavior on this thread.

SkyFurCreations

*Revamping The Fandom*
And what the hell exactly IS my behavior anyway? If you read my posts, the ONLY thing I said over and over, was to PM me in person, and not to flood this thread with an argument. Of course I will be mad when I took the icon down immediately without hesitation, then explained, oh, I just found this image off of Google, sorry, then continue to get attacked. So what IS my "behavior" other than not wanting to bicker like I'm in 6th grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.