• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Is your sona... (ROUND 2)

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Oh boy do I have lots of silly questions.

Talk to me! I love these sorts of questions and seeing what people come up with. Feel free to add your own too!

Round One
Is your sona based on your favorite animal?

Is your sona the same gender as you?

Is your sona the same age as you?

Is your sona a real creature?

Plantigrade or digitigrade?
leg_types___tutorial_by_neonslushie-d36xcte.png

Digitigrade = Walks on toes
Plantigrade = Walks on whole foot
Ungulate = Walks on "toenails" essentially

Designed solely by you or someone else?

Serious or silly?

Are they basically you in furry form or are they a character you just choose to represent you?

Do they have a lot of friends?

Bonus question for others!!! (By Alear) Really curious, have you had any other sonas or is this the only one? Do you think you'd ever change them?

One of them! It's based on my favorite animal to have as a pet.

They are.

Hell no. My sona is a few hundred years old.

Well. Ferrets are. But magical winged ferret 2/3 dead necromancers aren't.

LV is digitigrade

All by me~ I have a few pieces of art from other people but it's me.

Serious or silly?
They're usually pretty serious, but can be pretty silly if they're excited.

Are they basically you in furry form or are they a character you just choose to represent you?
Originally they were meant to be me in furry form, but they're their own character now. I just like having them represent me.

Nope. They have their wife and that is it.

Round Two

Is your sona close to their family?

Is your sona a tea or coffee drinker?

Is your sona afraid of anything?

Is your sona in a relationship?

Is your sona popular in their social circle?

Is your sona tall or short for their species?

Is your sona considered attractive by their species?

Is your sona fond of members of other species?

Is your sona from a big family?

Is your sona physically fit?

BONUS from Dongding: What is your species?

Is your sona close to their family?
They were, but now it's just them and their wife.

Is your sona a tea or coffee drinker?
Definitely tea. Coffee is a luxury drink for them.

Is your sona afraid of anything?
Sudden bright lights, spells going wrong, losing their wife, summoning a horrible monster that will destroy life as they know it, spell backfires, being executed for their work, completely dying

Is your sona in a relationship?
They are married yes~

Is your sona popular in their social circle?
What social circle...they're well known to other guides for dead I suppose and a lot of dead things but that's not really a social circle, is it?

Is your sona tall or short for their species?
Relatively small actually. Not super short, but they often get reminded that they are small.

Is your sona considered attractive by their species?
They are, but they don't feel so.

Is your sona fond of members of other species?
LV LOVES corvids. Like, a lot. Their wife is a magpie after all.

Is your sona from a big family?
Originally. Now most of them are gone or are so distant it doesn't matter.

Is your sona physically fit?
Not at all. But they aren't really fat either. They really fit the "squishy mage" aesthetic pretty well.

BONUS from Dongding: What is your species?
Ferret! They are 2/3 dead though, mostly reflected in their wings.

Last edited:
I

Infrarednexus

1)My favorite animal is the Arctic Wolf, but dragons are just fascinating to me, which is why I chose it.

2)He is the same gender as me. Though I wouldn't mind if he was the opposite.

3)He's not the same age as me, he's a several years older, but he doesn't age like normal people do since he's an android, so I guess, by looks and personality, you could say he is permanently in his late twenties.

4)In terms of being real, yes and no. Dragons don't exist, but artificial intelligence does.

5)He's a plantigrade. This allows him to wear pants and shoes and do things that people like us do all the time.

6)I made him by myself, and I must say I'm proud of it. I did have motivation and inspiration from the world and others, but the originality came from me.

7)He's more serious than silly, based on the things he's been through in terms of serving in the military and intense training, but he does have a sense of humor once he feels comfortable around people that he trusts or feels un-threatened by.

8)He's not me in furry form, nor is he what I aspire to be. I just went with making a character with a completely different personality and life than me, based on what I found fascinating. I will say in creating him, he motivated me to try new things, and has had a big impact on my life.

9)He has a few people he considers friends, but he bases his friendship on trust more than anything, which unfortunately is uncommon in the world he lives in.

D

Deleted member 111470

Kinda? Dunno really, I like all sorts of animals, and I do like capuchins and japanese macaques.

Yes he is.

No, he's younger by a few years.

He's a generic anthro monkey and I haven't quite seen a species with his characteristics, so imma say unlikely.

Plantigrade

The idea was mine but I can't draw for shit, so other people have done that part.

Serious or silly?
Depends on the situation, but leans towards more serious. He can be goofy though

He's a character I chose to represent certain aspects of me, as well as things I look for in people. But he's not me in furry form, that's for sure.

No, only a few friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShyFox

What a brilliant thread! I must say, this is perhaps one of the most entertaining and pertinent ones I have seen yet.

1: Frankly, no. I do not like foxes in real life frankly. It may seem odd, but I would not even consider them cute really. They have never struck my intrigue. I don’t even like them depicted in feral form. The only reason I have chosen one is the similarities in personality, and their cute appearance in artwork.

2: More or less, I suppose so.

3: I would say so, yes. Perhaps he is younger biologically, but equivalent to my age in his species.

4: Yes, he is a fox.

5: He is a digitigrade Fox. I do not like foxes that are plantigrade to be completely honest.

6: He was made entirely by me. I have also created all art of him that exists. However, it is abysmal, hence I do not use it. I hope to get a talented artist to draw him soon.

7: He is a mix of both. He is a serious, quiet, and shy fox. However, being a fox, he is mischievous and has a troublesome streak. He also is sneaky, and very “slinky” for lack of a better word.

8: I cannot truly say. Perhaps they represent parts of me rather than me in general. Regardless, I do relate to him in a multitude of ways.

9: I have not thought much of this question to be entirely honest. I will come back to this at a later point once I have developed him more as a character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
1. Nah, Dog Friend is Best Friend. Not even the best species of Deer, I got nothing on the Majestic Caribou/Reindeer. But I wanted to pick something local, I guess.

2 and 3: yes, we're both 24-year old Asex Males.

4. Sometimes I like to believe Deer are real, but I never really see them. Just glimpses.

5. Digitigrade. Maximum cuteness.

6. Designed by me, but it's simple enough that I doubt it matters who designed it lol

7. Why not both?

8. Basically want him to be me, but just slightly better.

9. I dunno.

Last edited:

Derron116

Zephyris Redsnout
Oh boy do I have lots of silly questions.

Serious or silly?

Talk to me! I love these sorts of questions and seeing what people come up with. Feel free to add your own too!
1. Yes. I love that the dinosaur most like the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park actually lived in Utah.

2. Yep.

3. Yep.

4. Indeed.

5. The Anthropomorphic version is plantigrade for future fursuit purposes.

6. I used evosaur.com for a color reference and nature made the Utahraptor.

7. Serious honestly, with a bit of silly.

8. Zephyris is entirely me.

9. No more than I do, so not that many.

Last edited:

Daisy Nova

Skittish
I love these questions :D

1. No, although I love deer a lot. My favorite animal is the sting ray <3

2. Yes she is, although I'll probably make a male sona as well at some point since I do crossdress.

3. Yep! At the moment, 21.

4. Yes, with some edits. Only male deer have horns, but she has teensy lil baby horns, so she's not 100% accurate. Plus, her design is based on the faun of a species. The adults lose the pretty spots on the back, so I based her on the faun, even though she's an adult.

5. Digitigrade. I like the aesthetic of it haha

6. Designed by me in my head, but all artwork will be by other folks. I can't draw lol

7. More on the silly side, but mostly anxious.

8. Pretty much me in furry form. She plays up some of my personality traits (anxiety, curiosity) and is freer to show them than I am.

9. Haven't thought about this one. In the "canon" of her life, I know one for sure. But otherwise, she's up to make them if anyone's nice!

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
1. One of them. My favorite animal is a Dragon, my favorite real animal is a Dilophosaurus (my sona), and my favorite living animal is a bat.

2. Yes.

3. Yes yes

4. It was at one time. All we have are skeletons and footprints though. The biggest liberty I took was with my protofeathers. We don't know if Dilophosaurus had any, but if it did it would not look like that. But I wanted it to represent my real-life long hair, which has always been important to my identity. (It also doubles as a subtle nod to the wildly inaccurate but nevertheless iconic frill from the film version of Jurassic Park - in fact static electricity will make my protofeathers take that shape ^_^)

5. Digitigrade definitely

6. Designed solely by me, but @Alear drew the definitive version based on my initial sketch.

7. 75/25 favoring silly

8. Yes, 100% me but as an anthropomorphic animal. I have other characters, but this is me as me in this furry-sphere.

9. Not great in quantity but wonderful in quality. And that's just how we like it.

Yetanotherfemboyfox

oh boy, I'm gonna need a new account...
1: yus, why? because foxes are just too cute to not be!

Cute-Fox-Has-A-Hard-Time-Getting-Unstuck-VIDEO.png

2: yup and he’s gay, because I’m gay it works out quite well for me! *wink wink*

3: more or less, I don’t feel any need for him to be any older or younger

4:
119.jpg

5: digitigrade 4 life! seriously I love the way it looks.

6: well, I needed a bit of inspiration form night in the woods I imagined how I'd look in the game and then took the resulting fox and put him in a more detailed art style in order to work out the fine details. then got him as a result. (that’s why his front most canines are sticking out of his lips, and why he’s shown with two red hairclips)

7: what does the fox say?

8: honestly it’s just meh, as a fox.

9: he has as many friends as I do. o3o

Last edited:

Alear

Anxious Little Cat
This is a wonderful idea, but where's your answers?! D: I demand your answers @Skychickens !!

My most favored species technically for the current sona. This one has existed just a few months, the one before this was a grey (w/ blue markings) Pomeranian, and about a decade ago before that, it was still a domestic long hair, but black with some white markings.

She is the same sex, specifically I actually try to draw it accurate to my body type to help me feel more comfortable in my own skin. = u =

For the most part minus her D&D version.

Species yes, but unless someone was really cruel there would not be a pink and purple cat running around. lol

Digitigrade, all the way. * n *

Mostly by me, but someone else picked the colors based off a gift they gave me. (Albeit I turned up the brightness, cause I'm loud)

Serious or silly?
90% Silly with 11% Serious, because sometimes you have to turn it up to 11.

For the most part me, which is probably why she's not a whole bunch in my gallery.

Not really too sure on this variation. There's a few good ones though that help bring out that adoration and silliness.

Bonus question for others!!! Really curious, have you had any other sonas or is this the only one? Do you think you'd ever change them?

Alear

Anxious Little Cat
I've had many many others before my foxo. and because I am changing due to the nature of life, so shall my fox boi.
That's pretty wonderful. You can track the progress and see the evolution in you and not just the art then. Your answer to number 7 was also hysterical!

KyooTea

~PM me song recommendations!~
1:Sorta? More like I always felt akin to rabbits and crows, so wanted some way to combine them. Plus, my zodiac is Aries, and chinese is Ox, so it just felt like I needed horns/antlers of some kind.

2. Yup

3. Also yup.

4. No. Real mythology, if that counts lol.

5. Very slim digitigrade

6. Me!

7. Same answer as 8.

8. They are me. It's what I would imagine myself to be like if I woke up in an anthro world. I'm both silly and serious at times, so I guess it really just depends on what my irl mood is.

9. I wish lol (plz be my friend)

Edit; Add bonus question: I'm not even a month into the fandom, so this would be my first. I might change some aspects, but I think it'll mostly be based on what happens to me in the real world, as my character reflects on that.

Last edited:

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
This is a wonderful idea, but where's your answers?! D: I demand your answers @Skychickens !!

Bonus question for others!!! Really curious, have you had any other sonas or is this the only one? Do you think you'd ever change them?

I second that demand (unless it was given as I was writing this)

BONUS: This is my only true Public Fursona, though I have several private OCs, and I doubt heavily that will change.

GarnetFerrum

Seven-tailed Fluffbutt
-Yes! I like wolves, but also love kitsunes. (For what ever reason, I like a lot o' tails)

-Yep

-Yep

-Yes and No. Wolves are real. Kitsunes are not (Sadly)

-I guess Plantigrade, not certain on that 100%

-My design, but I've had help with the exact fur pattern. I had the base fur design, but slight changes have been made by the artists that I've taken a liking to

Serious or silly?
-Can be both

-Yep, although slight-slight changes here and there.

-Good at making them ^w^

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
@Alear Okay okay! XD I updated my first post to include my answers.

Really curious, have you had any other sonas or is this the only one? Do you think you'd ever change them?

I used to have a fluffy feral winged cat. I still sometimes think about them but I never fleshed them out.
I may change out LV someday but they are still relatively new.

Alear

Anxious Little Cat
@Alear Okay okay! XD I updated my first post to include my answers.

Really curious, have you had any other sonas or is this the only one? Do you think you'd ever change them?

I used to have a fluffy feral winged cat. I still sometimes think about them but I never fleshed them out.
I may change out LV someday but they are still relatively new.
Thank you for updating it! It honestly makes your icon all the more hilarious now knowing LV is 2/3rds necromancer. lmao Absolutely adorable. ;u; The feral winged cat sounds like it has potential as a character too!

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Thank you for updating it! It honestly makes your icon all the more hilarious now knowing LV is 2/3rds necromancer. lmao Absolutely adorable. ;u; The feral winged cat sounds like it has potential as a character too!
Right? LV is a fun character to mess with. I had fun drawing their tail in the full picture.

Alear

Anxious Little Cat
Right? LV is a fun character to mess with. I had fun drawing their tail in the full picture.
The tail is a super cutie detail with it being all splayed out! LV seems more frazzled because of it lol I also love your header/bumps in your shop. (Don't remember if I told you before)

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
The tail is a super cutie detail with it being all splayed out! LV seems more frazzled because of it lol I also love your header/bumps in your shop. (Don't remember if I told you before)
I don't remember but thank you anyway~!

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Is your sona based on your favourite animal?

You bet! Always loved em so it seemed natural.

Is your sona the same gender a you?

Yep.

Indeed. Was 19 when i made him and is 21 now. RPs may alter this though.

Definitely real, but legendary in its own right:p. GO FOXOS!

I know foxes are digitigrade IRL, but i've rarely actually drawn my sona's feet, and even when i have it's a bit ambigious.

Just by me, though the larger image my icon is cropped from features a badge on the tunic which was designed by a friend.

Serious or silly?

Hmmm, kind of both! He can be a bit sarcastic and engage in mischeif, but is tempered by some self controll and sophistication.

Definitely me in furry form. Personality's pretty similar, though maybe a bit exadurated sometimes.

Like me, mainly a small collection of close friends and a larger pantheon of buddies.

I have quite a few others, mainly in the mind at this stage though. However, I have another well developed sona, Elias the striped hyena, who's much more fun loving and silly. I don't think i'll ever retire any of my sonas, maybe just alter them a bit over time and make some more prominent at different points.

*Bonus Question*

Does your sona live in the same place as you? If not, where?

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
No, Pandas are not my fav animals, they're lazy and stupid, Just like me... I hate pandas just like I hate myself

I identify as an apache attack helicopter

I'm 250 years old, my sona is still a sperm swimming in my dad's balls

Due to imminent extinction, pandas will be a thing of legend

Digitigrade because I still want to wear pants unlike you degenerates

Designed by Samwise

Serious or silly?
My every existence is a silly joke

I'm a panda in real life. >:U

Yes! I'm going to die without friends! Please love me...

LagoMyEggo

First forum post!? : o

Nah, I like tigers and dogs best, but I identify most with hares and other lagomorphs; I think they best fit my body type and temperament.

Yup.

Yup!

Yeah, he's a Belgian hare. (Not a waffle bunny, despite my profile picture.)

Plantigrade, at least the way I draw him. Easier to put stylish shoes on 'im that way.

Solely by me. I haven't really had him commissioned yet. I've taken inspiration from some other artists' work, though.

Serious or silly?
Fairly serious, but definitely fun. The "waffle bunny" in my profile picture is kind of a joke, though.

Basically me, if somewhat idealized. He's a lot cuter, for one thing, but his body type, clothing, and activities are pretty close to the real me.

Well, if you mean fursona friends––kinda? I've drawn a lot of my non-furry friends as anthros alongside him. As for friends who really identify as furries, none whatsoever.

EDIT: Really curious, have you had any other sonas or is this the only one? Do you think you'd ever change them?
I've never had another fursona, but it took me a long dang time to decide on a species. I was always considering a tiger, or a dog, but in a lot of ways they didn't really feel right. Maybe I'll change from a Belgian hare later on, but for now I'm pretty set on it.