• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

It's over $9,000!

Drex150

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If everybody who used FA donated a single dollar a year (let alone a month) we could pay for all of FA's services for a full year. And our regular bills are almost $1,100 a month.

Yeah, I am not saying it would be you guys that would be making fun of them. I am sure you are grateful for every dime you can get. Still, showing the dollar amount will bring about just as much grief as it will good. That was all I was saying. :)

Shadowpelt The Malamute

Can I has hug?
I am so glad that FA is getting the money it needs to upgrade and purchase it's new server. The second I can make some more money I am going to donate it towards further helping the site!

Go Dragoneer and all the other furs that have made this possible <3

Chanticleer

Impressive, score for the community...

You know if I was a conspiracy theorist I might say that they deliberately broke or sold the old server because they knew the outcry and donations would be so big.

Or maybe that's just the Machiavelli in me.

Last edited:

Kata'lina

Ceo of the IBKC
It's wonderful that there are so many users donating. I wonder however, Exactly what will the donations go for?

Will it be a server? IS a server over 10 grand? If there is money left over, what about hiring a professional?

Will there be updates so that people will see exactly Where their money is going? After all, donations ARE tax right offs, and of course they have the right and perhaps the need to know.

Like I said, it's wonderful that people are donating, I just hope that everyone who has will at least have updates for them to see where their money is goind.

Drex150

It's wonderful that there are so many users donating. I wonder however, Exactly what will the donations go for?

Will it be a server? IS a server over 10 grand? If there is money left over, what about hiring a professional?

Will there be updates so that people will see exactly Where their money is going? After all, donations ARE tax right offs, and of course they have the right and perhaps the need to know.

Like I said, it's wonderful that people are donating, I just hope that everyone who has will at least have updates for them to see where their money is goind.

There are other posts describing what they plan to do with the money. From what I understand, they are planning to get 2 new servers. If they get enough money they even plan to update the older servers. Also, don't forget that it costs just about $1000 a month to keep this site up and running.

selth

Linuxian Dragon
let's just keep donnate and build FA a new colo too!

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Wow just looked again and the amazon page alone is almost over 9000 now, i guess the 15000 aimed are a realisitc goal

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
There are other posts describing what they plan to do with the money. From what I understand, they are planning to get 2 new servers.
We will definitely be getting two new servers -- a dedicated data storage box with between 4 to 6TB of storage (depending on final config) and a high end web server to process every single page on the site. Both will more than likely feature a minimum of eight cores of processing power via dual Xeons (5420 series) and between 4 to 8GB of RAM.

It will be two servers, with tentative specs noted above.

Yes, and I have posted several times that I will do this next week. Donations to Fur Affinity are NOT tax deductable as we are a charity. Even if we were non-profit donations to the site would still not be tax deductable because, again, we are not a charity organization.

Unless I am mistaken, they're planning on three servers now, not two. : )
Right now we know we have enough for two without question. We will also be dropping in another 8GB of RAM (if not more) to our main database server for a total of 16GB of RAM. Should we have enough money left over yet still, we will upgrade the hard drives on the DB server to 146GB 15K RPM SAS drives which should provide further benefit.

Drex150

Good to know, thanks for the post Dragon. Sounds like it is gunna be an awesome upgrade indeed. :D

Occoris

That's totally frickin' sweet, Dragoneer.

I hope the donations keep coming for the next three days.

I would love to donate to help FA, except, I don't have a credit card, so I can't use Paypal and/or Amazon Honor System. The only way I could donate is by using a domestic money order from the US Postal Service.

not true :3 I hooked my Paypal straight up to my savings account :D

demiwoody

lol, shows you what happens when you take away FA from anthro fans, THEY THROW MONEY AT YOU! woooh! amazing numbers, keep them coming gang.