• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ITT: Your favorite mixed drinks

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
I've always been a fan of Gin & Tonics, though over the years I haven't been able to quite hammer down the proper gin to tonic to lime ratio. My friend has it nailed but he just eyeballs it so it's not like he can pass on the recipe :(

Dark and Stormies are nice and strangely never seem to lose their carbonation o_O. 2-3 shots of Kraken spiced rum and a bottle of ginger beer will clear your sinuses and scald your throat with deliciousness.

And finally, my all time favorite, the Caucasian. I prefer mine made with one part Kahlua French Vanilla, one part Pinnacle vodka, and two parts St. Brenden's Irish cream liqueur. That last part adds a nice kick and the extra sweetness makes it go down easy, you don't even realize you're drinking alcohol until you try to stand up lol. If all I have on hand is half and half and normal Kahlua though I'll add some Smirnoff strawberry vodka and call it a Gorbachev.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Apple vodka and either apple juice or Mountain Dew. The Mountain Dew can also be mixed with pomegranate 5-hour energy if you're feeling particularly insane.

Bacardi 151 mixed with Pepsi is also good, and can be made pretty damn strong without tasting bad.

EDIT: I feel so low class with everyone listing off actual named drinks. I drink "Whatcha got in your fridge man?"

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I love mai tais, though I'm still trying to work out the perfect recipe. Something like two shots of gold rum, one shot of dark rum, half a shot of orgeat syrup, half a shot of tripple sec, and fill with pineapple juice until it doesn't taste like straight booze. There must be a better set of ratios though.

I like mixing flavored martinis at home. Easy to do: just buy vodka and a bunch of different liqueurs and schnapps. Mix and match until you have something that tastes good but is completely booze. I personally like the two shots of vodka, two shots of chocolate liqueur, and one shot of butterscotch schnapps. Oh does that taste good!

Long Island's are great, but I've never successfully made a good one.

But, I usually just mix booze with coke. Rum, whiskey, brandy, etc. Easy and cheap and tasty.

Zuckerdachs

A Real Pal
I usually go with straight liquor - Jim Beam's my favorite - but I have a serious weakness for Jade Martinis. One part Midori melon liquer, one part coconut rum, two parts pineapple juice, stir with ice (shaking it makes it too foamy and opaque), and pour it into a glass that'll show off that lovely acid green color. It looks particularly good with a cherry or two at the bottom.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Flaming Moe: Whatever's left in the bottom of every near-empty liquor bottle, with a shot of niquil, then set on fire. Tastes horrible, but it gets you there.

Seriously, though, my favorite is a flaming Dr. Pepper.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I've always been a fan of Gin & Tonics, though over the years I haven't been able to quite hammer down the proper gin to tonic to lime ratio. My friend has it nailed but he just eyeballs it so it's not like he can pass on the recipe :(

Dark and Stormies are nice and strangely never seem to lose their carbonation o_O. 2-3 shots of Kraken spiced rum and a bottle of ginger beer will clear your sinuses and scald your throat with deliciousness.

And finally, my all time favorite, the Caucasian. I prefer mine made with one part Kahlua French Vanilla, one part Pinnacle vodka, and two parts St. Brenden's Irish cream liqueur. That last part adds a nice kick and the extra sweetness makes it go down easy, you don't even realize you're drinking alcohol until you try to stand up lol. If all I have on hand is half and half and normal Kahlua though I'll add some Smirnoff strawberry vodka and call it a Gorbachev.

Yes, yes and yes. We should drink, OP. :3 Though I prefer my Russians to be Cubans instead.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Personally I like alcohol and like pretty much every alcoholic beverage. As long as it's not beer. Bacardi, absinthe, zombie, adios motherfucker. Last time I was drinking(no alcohol allowed on campus) I was fine until someone served me a budweiser then I lost my stomach content.

sharkbite from joes crab shack
*insert generic sexual innuendo about my avatar and your comment*

BouncyOtter

I don't get them very much, but I really like caipirinhas and mojitos. I greatly prefer fruity tasting drinks, and I take some friendly jokes about it.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
I'm partial to a Tom Collins whenever available as well, not sure what's in them but the bartender has yet to disappoint.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
Strictly alcoholic. If I can't get sloshed to it I don't wanna go through the effort of mixing it.

KatmanDu

Squeezing the Charmin
El Presidente Margarita: 2oz Tequila, 1oz Cointreau, 1oz Brandy, 1oz lime juice, 5oz sweet and sour. With lots of salt on the rim. Or a dirty martini; 2oz Gin, 1oz Rosso Vermouth. I don't think that's the preferred ratio for martinis, but that's how I like 'em. With plenty of jalapeno stuffed olives and martini onions. Or even a Claussen Hot Pickle spear. Yum.

Or the old stand-by's like a whiskey sour, 7&7, etc.

moonchylde

If you're looking for a mixed shooter that tastes great AND will cause horrible consequences, I recommend a Liquid Cocaine. One part Jagermeister, one part Goldshlager, and one part Bacardi 151. Tastes like candy, feels like liquid death. Closest thing I've found IRL to a Pan-Galactic Garble Blaster.

moonchylde

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
I buy a case every year, they're not banned. I bought one from a kiosk in PA just last June.