• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I've Drawn a Thing... and Can't name it.

ZombieMuffin

For starters I don't have a good way of scanning it to upload it and if I do it will be a camera on my phone but I've been racking my head all day on what to name my Protogen-sona and was able to name another character off of his backstory that I came up with but I can't think of a good name for him. I want to call him Toast, and I've see another person with the same name and species and was wondering if that is something I should avoid? I haven't decided on colors so I can't really use that to influence the name, but he does have a Friend Toaster who is named Ham, Hamilton Beach is the brand of toaster and all that remains on the toaster is ham so it has to be his name.

TL;DR: Can your Sona have the same name as someone else's sona? His pack bonded inanimate object is a Toaster named Ham, and the character that needs to be named is a Protogen.

Maybe I should lay off the caffeine while drawing....

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
You can have the same name. It isn't copyrighted. So long as its literally not rhe same species name design personality and everything.

There are plenty of repeat character names in all sorts of things. Toast is a very common name, but there's also a million Johns or Jakes im sure too, so long as your sona is different then theirs, its fine.

ZombieMuffin

Toast it is then, Hooray Two days of wandering aimlessly in my own head avoided. Need to color Toast and finding a good way to upload him.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I had to Google protogen (I am a bit new to certain aspects of the furrydom) and apparently they are space exploration themed?

If you change your mind on Toast, and you wanted to go with the Hamilton Beach toaster inspiration you could name him Hamilton Breach...cause y'know...breaching the atmosphere to go to space. :p

Edit: think I misread but if you wanna be cheeky there's a name suggestion for his friend.

ZombieMuffin

I had to Google protogen (I am a bit new to certain aspects of the furrydom) and apparently they are space exploration themed?

If you change your mind on Toast, and you wanted to go with the Hamilton Beach toaster inspiration you could name him Hamilton Breach...cause y'know...breaching the atmosphere to go to space. :p

Edit: think I misread but if you wanna be cheeky there's a name suggestion for his friend.
My friend wants me to High five you for that Hamiliton Breach Comment, since he couldn't do it himself.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

kinda getting past bored at seeing protogens around.

i don't hate them or anything, it's just that it's becoming the go-to species after canines.

would like to see a bit more variety species wise.

again not a dig at anyone in particular, just kinda meh with popular trends.