• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

J.D. Salinger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jelly

Wow you actually figured that out on your own? I'm impressed. Not.

Oh okay, thank you friend, that being said:

jellyhurwit said:
Anyone that calls "The Catcher In The Rye" a "horrible" book has either never read it, or read the first page and skipped the rest.

"I hate this book therefore EVERYONE has to hate it too! And you like it, you and your school sucks!"....

Say you're sorry.

Vintage

you're beautiful
Wow you actually figured that out on your own? I'm impressed. Not.

heh psych

you got him good. he thought you were all impressed, and then you just pulled the rug out from under him.

if your mouth weren't completely full of dicks this achievement would be a lot more impressive

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I also liked the Catcher in the Rye. Though it seemed to me that the character Holden, who was pissed at everyone for being so phony, was the phoniest one of them all. His little sister actually seemed to be the hero of the book, because she was the only one with any decency.
Pretty interesting read, actually. And that kind of writing isn't stream of consciousness. Stream of consciousness is where your sentences go on and on and on and incorporate a bajillion unrelated ideas until you can't even remember what the sentence was supposed to be about. Faulkner writes stream of consciousness.
Anyway, now Salinger is dead, I guess. Now he can't.. um, contribute any more.. um... well, maybe it's not that big a loss.

Vintage

you're beautiful
I also liked the Catcher in the Rye. Though it seemed to me that the character Holden, who was pissed at everyone for being so phony, was the phoniest one of them all. His little sister actually seemed to be the hero of the book, because she was the only one with any decency.
Pretty interesting read, actually. And that kind of writing isn't stream of consciousness. Stream of consciousness is where your sentences go on and on and on and incorporate a bajillion unrelated ideas until you can't even remember what the sentence was supposed to be about. Faulkner writes stream of consciousness.
Anyway, now Salinger is dead, I guess. Now he can't.. um, contribute any more.. um... well, maybe it's not that big a loss.

did you identify with holden? cause i've yet to read any book that nailed the ambiguity of adolescence as well as catcher in the rye. a lot of people hate this book because of how petulant holden is, but imo he is a severely confused teenager and i think that's at least a little bit relatable.

Ty Vulpine

did you identify with holden? cause i've yet to read any book that nailed the ambiguity of adolescence as well as catcher in the rye. a lot of people hate this book because of how petulant holden is, but imo he is a severely confused teenager and i think that's at least a little bit relatable.

He's the average rebellious teenager that thinks he knows everything and that all adults are stupid. Those that don't like the book probably were either not rebellious at that age, or just don't remember being so.

selkie

'ã……'
He's the average rebellious teenager that thinks he knows everything and that all adults are stupid. Those that don't like the book probably were either not rebellious at that age, or just don't remember being so.

That wasn't why I didn't like it. :< I thought the storytelling wasn't that well executed.
It just wasn't my kind of book, that's all.

Иван

That wasn't why I didn't like it. :< I thought the storytelling wasn't that well executed.
It just wasn't my kind of book, that's all.
Unreasonable assumptions are kind of Ty's thing.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish

I liked the book.
But I actually related more to the protagonist of "The Underground Man" by Dostoevsky. Because even though I am a teenager, I am feeling the problems associated with age.

Excitement!

King ov Wahjah
Ah, Furaffinity. The only forum I can constantly rely to take the most recent death of a famous person and declare THEY WERE NEVER WORTH ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE HA. I can't wait till Stephen Hawking dies.

Ty Vulpine

Ah, Furaffinity. The only forum I can constantly rely to take the most recent death of a famous person and declare THEY WERE NEVER WORTH ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE HA. I can't wait till Stephen Hawking dies.

Considering Salinger only wrote one book (that a lot of people don't like) and practically lived as a hermit, I can understand why people here don't care .

Иван

Check back when someone who accomplished something noteworthy has died.

Excitement!

King ov Wahjah
Considering Salinger only wrote one book (that a lot of people don't like) and practically lived as a hermit, I can understand why people here don't care .
I don't think people have to be in tears or anything. I haven't even read Catcher in the Rye. I just notice this sort of weirdly aggressive "good riddance" reaction to anyone famous dieing on this forum.

Excitement!

King ov Wahjah
Check back when someone who accomplished something noteworthy has died.
I haven't actually read Catcher in the Rye, so I can't comment on it's quality, but it's sold something like 60 million copies, highly respected, and it's pretty tough to find a college graduate who hasn't read it for school at some point. I'd say that's pretty noteworthy :V

Jashwa

You obviously never read "On the Road". Jack Kerouac was a schizophrenic. They should never be allowed to write.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvKSiljieo
I haven't and if you claim it to be worse than that piece of shit, I'm not going to.
I don't think people have to be in tears or anything. I haven't even read Catcher in the Rye. I just notice this sort of weirdly aggressive "good riddance" reaction to anyone famous dieing on this forum.
Everyone was sad when Billy Mays died.

Status
Not open for further replies.